Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2009, 10:51   #166
Senior - BHPian

Honda is stingy when it comes to adding features. Alloy wheels are still not standard in other parts of the world on most of its cars. The vtec is only now deployed in all cars.
Don't know when they will come out of this habit.
That said, I will book one with a auto box when they introduce it. I think I have saved enough money and time buying Hondas over 15 years.

It was a very good impartial review although I think I see some standard Honda PR in the first part of the review.

Last edited by srishiva : 11th June 2009 at 11:01.
Old 11th June 2009, 11:04   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abusha View Post
Mentioned in the Brackets ( ) are only some Hatchbacks who offer that particular feature, others like U-VA, S-RV, Ritz, i10 I haven't mentioned as I have no idea what features they offer.

1. Digital Auto Climate Control AC (i20, Swift, Fabia)
2. Air Cooled Glove Box (i20)
3. Rear AC Vents (Fabia)
4. Electrically Foldable/Retractable ORVM (i20)
5. Telecopic Steering Adjustment (i20)
6. Side Curtain Air Bags (i20)
7. Fog Lamps (i20, Swift, Fabia, Indica Vista)
8. Alloy Wheels (i20, Swift, Fabia)
9. Panoramic Glass Sunroof (i10, Fabia)
10. Leather Steering & Gear Knob (i20)
11. Front Arm Rest (Fabia)
12. Parcel Tray (i20, Fabia, Indica Vista)
13. Reverse Parking Sensors (Fabia)
14. Reading/Maps Lights at Rear View Mirror (Almost every car has)
15. Height Adjustable Driver Seat (i20, Fabia, Indica Vista)
16. Dead Pedal (usually seen only in Automatic Cars)
17. Front Arm Rests (Fabia)
18. Lumbar support (Fabia, i20, Indica Vista)
19. Cruise Control (asking for too much not even Civic, Accord, Altis has that)
20. Touch Screen Satellite Navigation cum Music System
Fabia too got the Air Cooled Glove Box, sort of dead pedal which provides good leg support..

Jazz was on my consideration list last year same time (June '08) as i was planning to buy a nice hatch and had almost decided to wait till the launch of Jazz. But the info about the price which i got through some sources confirmed that the price may be on the higher side (more than 7.50 OTR). The Fabia Ambiente set me back by nearly 6.40 OTR in August 2008. But considering the features available+the price, my decision seems vindicated.

Personally, I guess that most Jazz owners would be having it as their second or third car. Hence the price won't be much of a botheration for such target group.

@ GTO, thanks for the nice insight into the Jazz

Last edited by Mysticeyes : 11th June 2009 at 11:07.
Old 11th June 2009, 11:08   #168
BHPian

Price comparo of 1.2's, errr ok added the Fiesta 1.6S

Here's a comparison on the on-road prices of various 1.2 cars and well the Fiesta 1.6S put in for fun.

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-price-comparo.jpg
Old 11th June 2009, 11:14   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Its completely ridiculous... first you spend 8 lakhs of your hard earned money on a supposedly spacious hatch but what you dont get is room at rear for three and what you do get is 8-10 cupholders and magic seats.... utter non sense this!
We are too much Brand Conscious and HONDA is taking advantage on that Any how you wll get some Big hole in your pocket along with 8-10 cup holder.
Old 11th June 2009, 11:20   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Here's a comparison on the on-road prices of various 1.2 cars and well the Fiesta 1.6S put in for fun.

Attachment 146739
wow its even costlier than my fully loaded SX4 Zxi. which was 7.5 here in Gurgaon
Old 11th June 2009, 11:29   #171
BHPian

Jazzed !!!

Excellent frank review on the Honda Super mini GTO. Honda always commanded a premium over the competetion however they seem to have drfited away a little too much offlate, starting with the ANHC then the V6 and now the Jazz.

The car looks and feels awesome, spells of Honda quality and finesse. I am an ardent Honda fan and a pround owner of the OHC since Y2K. These guys sure know their stuff, absolutely wonderful 9+ years of painfree ownership experience.

Given a choice i would definately want to purchase this baby despite of the fact that its over priced. A 100K lighter would have made this car to be a runaway success.

I may be wrong but these are my personal feelings and out of ownership experience so far.
Old 11th June 2009, 11:30   #172
Senior - BHPian

Agreed that Honda make very good cars however they completely got the pricing wrong it is ridiculous...
The good points what I liked about Jazz is the flexible rear seating arrangement (Magic Seats) & build Quality other than that thereare no positives which can motivate a person to buy a car which will cost approx 8.5 + lakhs (Bangalore)

I am sure that GP + Ritz + i20+ vista will make life difficult for Honda in the Hatch segment.
Remember majority of Indian are really still very price sensitive.

Any ways I feel Jazz will meet the fate of Skoda Fabia in a years time ….hope Honda listens & learn its lessons soon
Old 11th June 2009, 11:30   #173
BHPian

I agree that the Jazz is overpriced, but to me comparison of a Jazz with a sedan is incorrect. I know in India Sedan also has a snobb value attached, but there are a lot of people who dont feel that way. If you look at it, all that a Sedan gives over a hatch (assuming features are similar) is an extra boot and a slightly more powerful engine. But Jazz seems to offering the same kind of space if not more compared to any C segment Sedan. Yes the engine is under powered, but BHP/Tonne is not so off from a Sedan. Hence I feel the real reason for rejecting/selecting Jazz should be comparison with other Hatches (Aka i20, Fabia, GP, Ritz).
This comparison to me still reveals that Jazz is not real value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I can get fully loaded sedans for much less... give me one good reason why anyone should go for this. why oh why! disgusted!
Old 11th June 2009, 11:32   #174
Senior - BHPian

Honda is making money of its brand value.
Thought like i20 is the expensive in premium hatch. But I feel i20 offers more features than Jazz.
Just check the comparisons of all the features between jazz, i20, swift, fabia.

Honda Jazz Mode vs Hyundai i20 Asta (O) vs Maruti Suzuki Swift ZXi vs Skoda Fabia Elegance 1.4 MPI | Car Comparisons - CarWale.com
Old 11th June 2009, 11:34   #175
Senior - BHPian

Better buy a Fiesta than Jazz.
The least you will have is the "snob" appeal of 3 box car.
Old 11th June 2009, 11:36   #176
Senior - BHPian

When will the AT come?? Next year.

As I can see, Jazz 1.2 with smaller size is priced marginally higher than the bigger-sized (but less powered) City that was being sold till late-2008. At least, City had more metal.

However, Honda has the right to price it the way it wants to, just as consumers do not have a gun to their head. Expect small volumes, but definitely expect it to perhaps hasten the demise of European pretenders.
Old 11th June 2009, 11:36   #177
Senior - BHPian

If someone strictly goes by the utility value (and not the notion of (false) prestige a 3 boxes supossedly brings), why cant someone pay 8 lac for Jazz, if he/she was ready to spend that much on a NHC.
Both are comparable in terms of space and power/economy. NHC offers more boot space but Jazz makes up with highly flexible configuration. And it comes with ABS and Airbags!
Old 11th June 2009, 11:42   #178
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
oh i am certainly going to be laughing hard when i see any honda jazz on our streets - i think someone said in this very thread that when we see a honda jazz, we will envy the owners and secretly desire to have the moolah to buy the jazz - i think all i am going to think is there goes another one of those people who have no clue what a dumb car decision they have made
I wouldn't call it dumb. I'm sure it will be a supremely reliable and wonderful city runabout. It's just horribly overpriced. At that price, the Fiesta S is just too difficult to pass. Want a cheaper and better equipped hatchback? The i20 is your car.
Old 11th June 2009, 11:43   #179

Thanks for the excellent review GTO! The content and images are fantastic.

I personally feel Honda could have worked out a better design - specially the front - which resembles the old city.

I loved the flexi-flap at the bottom of the front bumper. Do we have something similar in other cars?
Old 11th June 2009, 11:45   #180
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Very nice review GTO. The car seems to be extremely good in terms of looks and features. However Honda could have excluded a few standard equipments from the car and made the price very competetive. These extremely expensive equipments if excluded could bring the price down to around 6 lakhs and Honda would have a winner in its hands.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-1.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-2.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-3.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-4.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks