Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2009, 16:44   #46
BHPian

Great review/TD and detailed pictures. I love the "Magic Seats" concept/feature. It literally give the owner lots of space options with the same real estate.

That said, no way I would be buying the Jazz! Sorry, but I'm not Honda's target customer. I go for Value for Money, and for the price, I do not see much value for a super-hatch to be priced such.
Old 10th June 2009, 16:44   #47
Senior - BHPian

Nice review GTO. Neat & crisp. Pricing has been a ripper as expected from Honda. After GP launch,it would great if GTO or any member could compare i20vs Jazz vs GP.
Old 10th June 2009, 16:47   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Butttt, this image does seem to indicate there's a dead pedal. Or is it something else?
Its just rubber. GTO has posted this around one of the images.
In this post ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1340927-post6.html ) you can find the following image that makes it clear its not dead pedal but just rubber.
Attached Images

Last edited by aaggoswami : 10th June 2009 at 16:53.
Old 10th June 2009, 16:47   #49
BHPian

The price is shocking

A hatchback for 7.5-7.7 lacs pusing this into SX4/Linea territory,more than Fiesta S and other sedans.

I just hope people realise this,dont buy this and force Honda to price sensibly in the future
Old 10th June 2009, 16:48   #50
Team-BHP Support

The question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Butttt, this image does seem to indicate there's a dead pedal. Or is it something else?
The answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sporty pedals. No dead pedal (just rubber padding)
Old 10th June 2009, 16:52   #51
BHPian

A review that will form the basis of many a Honda Jazz buyer. Congratulations GTO! I for one thought that the car was already in showrooms and went to Arya Honda last weekend for a test drive. After reading your review, I’ll skip.
On another note: How localized is the current Jazz? Reason to ask is to see if there are any future prospects of it becoming cheaper. Additionally, need to offer a more potent motor and the CVT. I thought that was a given. Apparently not!
Old 10th June 2009, 16:54   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Smaller but significant things:

Sporty pedals. No dead pedal (just rubber padding)
@Shuvc...

First I too thought there is a dead pedal, but from this pic its clear that it is just rubber padding

Great job GTO. Waiting eagerly for your GP review.
Old 10th June 2009, 16:56   #53
BHPian

Fantastic review GTO.

Wish I could say the same about Honda's price/positioning though.

I think it is great that car manufacturers are including TBHP in the auto test drives/previews. I am sure they would like to stick to the fawning Auto Mags rather than an online forum but it is a measure of TBHPs credibility and quality of discussion that they feel they have to include TBHP if they want to convince a serious audience.

I still buy Auto Mags from force of habit, but ever since I discovered TBHP I have stopped taking them seriously...just thumb through them and look for interesting pictures I guess.
Old 10th June 2009, 16:57   #54
BHPian

the honda fit in the US comes with a usb interface and sat nav which looks awesome, i am hoping we can get a dash kit for touchscreens later
but then again, why is it in india that we cant get our cars built the way we want them? why dont we get options?
we get one sorry version of the car at an exorbitant price
bad honda ... bad bad honda !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-interiorheader.jpg  

Old 10th June 2009, 17:03   #55
xPK
BHPian

Impressive review and not to forget, images as well.
Haven't seen it in flesh, but interiors and exterior look up to the mark. I wish I could ignore that typical 'H' pricing (and also the features which Jazz doesn't feature) and start living some jazzy life.

OT: If FIAT planning to launch GP as a premium hatch, there's a lot to learn from Jazz. I literally mean 'a lot'.
Old 10th June 2009, 17:05   #56
Team-BHP Support

Great Review GTO, I was excited about this car giving keen competition to i20 until I saw the price. Huey, what were they thinking? That is 7.95L on-road in Karnataka, 8L for a hatch????
Old 10th June 2009, 17:05   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
What features???? All that is very basic even by small car standard now a days!
But not the Magic seats , none of the car in range of 10lacs have that feature , which makes the car totally special.

It is now upto to the customer to find the value of the product. my guess is that this car will sell well at this price point. i am not saying that this will beat the ANHC sales, but it may equate to sales of i20 and punto and beat the fabia sales
Old 10th June 2009, 17:08   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Steering has only tilt adjustment and – sadly - none for reach. The City's steering wheel (with audio controls) is great to use while the orange backlit instrument panel is easy on the eyes. There’s even a fuel indicator...
Did you mean Jazz' or is it just me?

Cheers!
DueLLeR
Old 10th June 2009, 17:08   #59
BHPian

Brilliant review GTO. Thats a fantastic machine from HONDA. But the pricing is . The pricing is completely into a different territory. Do we have to pay such a heavy price for quality hatches??
Old 10th June 2009, 17:11   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
But not the Magic seats , none of the car in range of 10lacs have that feature , which makes the car totally special.
i am not sure magic seats are that awesome a feature. Sure its nifty and easy, but then how often are you gonna fold seats up and down ?
I would call it a nice to have vs a class separating feature

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks