Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2011, 18:12   #796
BHPian

Re: Scoop shots: Honda Jazz Facelift in India

I agree with iridium here,
We need a better VFM car that at least a person can feel worth the buck and approachable,
It is a sound machine but the prices drive us away
Old 18th January 2011, 18:17   #797
Senior - BHPian

The single biggest drawback of Jazz is its prohibitively high cost otherwise a super hatch in all aspects. I feel that localization of parts will help Honda to reduce prices and by dropping the prices I am sure many of us will definitely be Jazzed.

I don’t understand what stops Honda go the localization way ! I understand that it is not easy to spot vendors and mange them , but it’s simply no pain no gain.
Old 18th January 2011, 18:36   #798
BHPian

It just looks like a minor cosmetic job. Hope they bring out the Auto variant along with the facelift or the Jazz sales will plummet even more.
Old 18th January 2011, 19:03   #799
BHPian

Guys, how do you think honda would price this? It will be a huge mistake pricing it higher than the current models, in fact I agree that they should just put more equipment in this model and price it same as the current models.

I have a feeling it will come along with the BRIO, with the brio aimed at the lower segment and the new jazz/fit as a premium alternative to brio.
Old 18th January 2011, 23:32   #800
BHPian

I dont think Honda will reduce the price of jazz. How else can they over price the brio and prevent cross shopping too?
Edit: any concrete news of an auto jazz?
Old 19th January 2011, 13:24   #801
BHPian

Hey razrman,
i beleive the Brio was to be priced in the sub 5 lakh range..and yes if Jazz price it again above 7 L then forget the sales figures to ever go up...They better stop producing this car for India atleast
And one more thing, i feel the Jazz way underpowered and the front wheel drive does not help here because fault is a weak engine
The only thing i feel commendable is interior space and product quality..pretty good
Old 19th January 2011, 15:27   #802
BHPian

Any Face-lift in Honda Jazz is not going to help its sales. Its good that Honda Jazz is launched with Diesel engine with a reasonable price.
Old 19th January 2011, 23:17   #803
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Guys, just test drove the Jazz tonight. Yes, I actually started at 8.30 P.M. and had an elaborate drive of 45 minutes. Kudos to the dealer!

This car is absolutely fantastic on so many levels, that I am now totally torn between this and the Punto 1.4 to replace my current 5-years old Swift VXi. The dealer is offering mouth-watering discounts, and though it still works out to a lakh more than the Fiat, in many ways, I think its worthy of being the perfect replacement in our parking space.

Fantastic engine, gearbox, a super-intelligent and well-finished cabin. It's almost perfect!
Old 19th January 2011, 23:49   #804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
Guys, just test drove the Jazz tonight. Yes, I actually started at 8.30 P.M. and had an elaborate drive of 45 minutes. Kudos to the dealer!

This car is absolutely fantastic on so many levels, that I am now totally torn between this and the Punto 1.4 to replace my current 5-years old Swift VXi. The dealer is offering mouth-watering discounts, and though it still works out to a lakh more than the Fiat, in many ways, I think its worthy of being the perfect replacement in our parking space.

Fantastic engine, gearbox, a super-intelligent and well-finished cabin. It's almost perfect!
You need to prioritize.
Jazz scores over Punto 1.4 in interior space,interior quality,engine,gearbox,boot space and not to forget the Honda reliability.
Punto scores over Jazz in features (mainly ACC, bluetooth and USB), ride quality and handling (Jazz handles well but Punto handles like a dream).
Looks are subjective but both are very good looking cars and will turn heads for sure. Jazz looks best in the new rally red along with white.
Best of luck buddy!
Old 20th January 2011, 11:11   #805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The dealer is offering mouth-watering discounts, and though it still works out to a lakh more than the Fiat,
Are you getting a 2010 manufactured car?
Or are you getting these discounts on 2011 manufactured car?

BTW: What variant and amount of discounts are you getting?
Old 20th January 2011, 11:33   #806
Senior - BHPian

From the pictures, I personally prefer our current Select or X variant over the Japanese FIT. The proportions of the current model - headlamps, front and tail bumpers, the positioning of the fogs and the gun metal alloys are just perfect. There's really not much room where the facelifted Jazz can play in terms of design overhaul over the current model. I agree with a someone's post, where they need to chop of 1L of the base price and provide some goodies to compete with the i20, Punto and the likes. Also throw in an AT option.
Old 20th January 2011, 12:58   #807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Are you getting a 2010 manufactured car?
Or are you getting these discounts on 2011 manufactured car?

BTW: What variant and amount of discounts are you getting?
No, the discounts are being offered on 2011 models only. The on-road price of the Jazz Select is 8.68L and the dealer is willing to close the deal at 8.20L. So that's a near-about 50k discount.
Old 20th January 2011, 18:04   #808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, the discounts are being offered on 2011 models only. The on-road price of the Jazz Select is 8.68L and the dealer is willing to close the deal at 8.20L. So that's a near-about 50k discount.
Is Bangalore very expensive? I got my Select for 7.70L.
Old 20th January 2011, 18:28   #809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you should be able to get better discounts.
In Hyd, the OTR price for Jazz Select is 8.73 lakhs.
I got it for 8L OTR including illuminate side steps and the Jazz X spoiler.

Try appraching multiple dealerships and pit one agianst the other. That worked really well for me
Old 20th January 2011, 19:41   #810
BHPian

Quote:
has Honda reduced prices ?
In Dec-10, Select's list price was 8.88 OTR in Blore. (have the list hardcopy)
Now, you mention 20K lesser, 8.68.

Btw, the finalists in my case were GP 90HP & Jazz.
my opinion - to drive GP is better, but overall Jazz is better. GP is beautiful, Jazz is funky.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks