Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2010, 14:37   #676
Senior - BHPian

You are missing proper cabin illumination. I've been pampered by lancer enough to miss the pilot lights for driver and passenger.

But there are many other knick knacks that have been taken care of in lieu of the drawbacks.
Old 5th August 2010, 16:35   #677
Senior - BHPian

Getting my jazz tomorrow

I am getting my Jazz delivered tomorrow.. its a white BS4 Jazz with Michelin tyres (was keen on that) .
Will start an ownership thread soon.

Apart from the cash discount, freebies include
  • Mudflaps
  • Carpet mats
  • Teflon coating (3M)
I have been promised the select kit free of cost which includes
  • Alloys
  • Rear parcel Tray
Also, I am getting the Active kit (worth some 40K odd) at a price of 12K which include the following -

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-jazzactive.jpg

Extra accessories planned -
  • Sunfilm
  • Seat covers
Quote:
I am surprised that a car priced like Jazz doesn't have
ATC
Rear parcel tray (duhh!!!)
Alloy wheel
Illuminated window buttons
No bluetooth
no day night mirror
no driver seat height adjust
Yes, you are correct and its indeed a shame But the Day/Night Side Rear View Mirror is indeed included (guess you went overboard) ! The alloy wheels,rear parcel tray and fog lamps are available as separate kits which are available FOC mostly nowadays.

My grouse is about the following features -
Auto Climate Control
Electric Folding mirrors

Driver seat height adjust - this does not matter to me as I found the driving position very comfortable. But might matter to taller people. But some manufacturers like Ford is fooling people by saying that the car (Figo) has driver seat height adjust whereas it truly does not!
Boot lamp (come on Honda)
Bluetooth connectivity
Illuminated window buttons is also something nice to have

Last edited by adimicra : 5th August 2010 at 16:38.
Old 5th August 2010, 16:44   #678
BHPian

Congratulations. Now you can change your profile name to adijazz (ha ha). Guess I did go overboard with the D/N mirror
Old 5th August 2010, 16:52   #679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I am getting my Jazz delivered tomorrow..
Congratulations Adimicra, finally you are getting your car. I have been following your journey In buying your car and appreciate the passion towards the product you buy. But at the same time you did not stick to something you did not like (micra).

Hope you have many happy miles on your car Jazz! It is a cool car and you seem to have got a very good deal.

Now should I ignore that taunt on my car Figo? Or should I be as vocal as you are in defending your cars? Because the seat height adjustment (though not true in the sense) in Figo does work!

P.S: Are you planning to take a new id? Adijazz!

Last edited by anilisanil : 5th August 2010 at 16:53.
Old 5th August 2010, 16:59   #680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Congratulations Adimicra, finally you are getting your car. I have been following your journey In buying your car and appreciate the passion towards the product you buy. But at the same time you did not stick to something you did not like (micra).

Hope you have many happy miles on your car Jazz! It is a cool car and you seem to have got a very good deal.

Now should I ignore that taunt on my car Figo? Or should I be as vocal as you are in defending your cars? Because the seat height adjustment (though not true in the sense) in Figo does work!

P.S: Are you planning to take a new id? Adijazz!
Didn't mean to hurt anyone but that seat height adjustment in Figo is kind of annoying to me. If you like it, (that's what matters as you are the owner) ,then please accept my apologies to you and all Figo owners!
Whether you want to be vocal, its your wish really (guess you already defended your car, isn't it?)!

PS - There is no way to rename my id I guess.. really bad situation. Will write to the mods and see what can be done!
Old 5th August 2010, 17:33   #681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Didn't mean to hurt anyone
PS - There is no way to rename my id I guess.. really bad situation. Will write to the mods and see what can be done!
Hey I was just kidding mate. Everything has its positives and negatives.
So dont need to be sorry, at least if you are for me!
And for ID, start new membership, unless you want to be remembered as that guy who wanted to buy a mirca and ended buying a jazz!
Old 5th August 2010, 21:13   #682
Senior - BHPian

Mode kit or active kit

I was offered the mode kit free as part of the deal which includes the following
  • Side step illuminated garnish
  • Door side protector and bumper protectors
  • Silver finish on the instrument panel visor and AC vents
I am more interested in the Active kit which consists of the following -
  • Fog lamps
  • Tailgate Spoiler
  • Sports pedals
  • Front grill
The dealer is ready to offer the Active kit at an additional cost of 14K (normal cost is around 40K odd OTR ).
Which one seems the one to go for in terms of more bang for the buck? Both kits are mainly cosmetic and I can live without either of them but will obviously take it as its offered free/at a huge discount.
Suggestions? I am more inclined for the Active kit at a cost of 14K. what say guys?

Last edited by adimicra : 5th August 2010 at 21:14.
Old 5th August 2010, 21:20   #683
BHPian

adi, it is surely worth going for the active kit. 14k is value of money! please go-ahead. Try to bargain for the active kit to close the deal at 10k, else just take it with your eyes closed.
Old 5th August 2010, 22:08   #684
BHPian

Quote:
I was offered the mode kit free as part of the deal which includes the following
  • Door side protector and bumper protectors
I am more interested in the Active kit which consists of the following -
  • Fog lamps
  • Tailgate Spoiler
  • Sports pedals
  • Front grill
The dealer is ready to offer the Active kit at an additional cost of 14K (normal cost is around 40K odd OTR ).
Which one seems the one to go for in terms of more bang for the buck? Both kits are mainly cosmetic and I can live without either of them but will obviously take it as its offered free/at a huge discount.
Suggestions? I am more inclined for the Active kit at a cost of 14K. what say guys?
Adi: I would suggest you go in with the Mode kit. Makes a lot more sense as you get side and bumper protectors which are a must if you are doing a lot of city driving. Active kit aint necessary. Get the fog lamps seperately(bargain!). The things in the kit are add ons which you can do anytime! Side step garnish will be available in both of them. Go ahead and get the Mode kit mate, you wont regret it.

With regards to the Jazz, yes auto climate control is missed but the ac is a chiller and makes up for it big time. REst are things we can ignore with a pinch of salt.
Old 15th August 2010, 09:50   #685
BHPian

Help!

Hi ,

Require you suggestion on Booking a Honda Jazz, being offered in a special offer of Rs.61,00 discount plus insurance at Rs.10,000 off.

Very keen on signing up, the dealer said these are Jan,Feb 2010 month of manufacturing but are being billed to the dealer with BS4 certification end July and they have just arrived at dealer warehouse(Aug 8th). Request your inputs if i should go ahead.

Some of the VIN numbers of the available cars are as follow:

MAKGG171AAN08468
MAKGG171AAN08475
MAKGG171AAN08474
MAKGG171AAN08494
MAKGG171AAN08611

on checking the VIN thread and Wildon's responses, this seems to confirm that these vehicles are Jan 2010!

Also the Rear parcel tray and Alloys are at 10K and the mode kit 10K!

Should i just ignore the Month of Manufacture or does it makes a big difference?
Old 15th August 2010, 15:41   #686
Senior - BHPian

Honda will not manufacture new cars if there are more than required cars in stock for a particular model. Same applies for Jazz.

Honda had plans of manufacturing Jazz as per about 2000 cars per month. With only about 500 being sold, new cars have not been manufactured since and cars are billed as and when ordered by the dealers.

No harm in going for the Jan 10 car. Just make sure the car is well cared for (no faded colour spots, under body scratches etc).
Old 15th August 2010, 18:47   #687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Honda will not manufacture new cars if there are more than required cars in stock for a particular model. Same applies for Jazz.

Honda had plans of manufacturing Jazz as per about 2000 cars per month. With only about 500 being sold, new cars have not been manufactured since and cars are billed as and when ordered by the dealers.

No harm in going for the Jan 10 car. Just make sure the car is well cared for (no faded colour spots, under body scratches etc).
Kenneth,
I guess you posted the same question in my onwership thread as well! And my reply will be same as @devarshi84
Best of luck and keep us posted
Old 16th August 2010, 15:39   #688
BHPian

hi kenneth,

in such case the car must have been lying in the stock yard of the manufacturer for quiet some time. the engine must have been just retuned to suite the BS4 requirements. so better do a through PDI of the body parts and under body for rust in brakes and other parts ect.
Old 17th August 2010, 18:40   #689
BHPian

Hi Adimicra,Devarish84 and DSR_RPM,

Thanks for your inputs.

Have gone ahead booked the ABS Honda Jazz.Delivery on Friday.

Will post details soon.

Kenneth
Old 19th August 2010, 23:24   #690

Quote:
I am getting my Jazz delivered tomorrow.. its a white BS4 Jazz with Michelin tyres (was keen on that) .
hey congrats on your buy Adi...I am from Hyd too and im looking for a car. Right now, I would rule out the Jazz because of the price. 7.9 L is almost 1.5L out of my reach. what I am looking at is 6.5L and this would probably bring in only the Micra, Figo and Polo (comfortline).
I drove past Road No 12 this evening but couldnt find the Nissan showroom, where exactly is it? the number mentioned on the site is always switched off (duh!)
Also, how much did you actually pay for the Jazz and how much of a cash discount did the dealer give you? What was the effective cost, with all the other free accessories thrown in?

--Deekshit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks