Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2009, 14:39   #526
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
One of my friends is booking one next week. She likes the space, driving comfort, good visibility, large hatched boot and ergonomics. Doesn't need high performance nor dynamic handling and nor minds the price tag. Guess that defines a typical Jazz buyer!
Unfortunately, this is true. But, to me, its a shame that the car comes with such an underpowered engine. I mean we are talking of HONDA here with so much racing pedigree in its lineage.

I'm certain an engine upgrade is on the cards.
Old 30th June 2009, 14:41   #527
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Saw 2 registered Jazz last Friday in Chennai - a white and a silver coloured one.
I spotted a white one driving home and the white color looks fabulous on the Jazz. I think "white" as a color is seeing a resurgence.
Old 30th June 2009, 14:43   #528
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
If that's the case, a Price Upgrade will surely be on the cards
Old 30th June 2009, 14:56   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately, this is true. But, to me, its a shame that the car comes with such an underpowered engine. I mean we are talking of HONDA here with so much racing pedigree in its lineage.

Maybe its in need of Mercedes engine upgrade to save its racing pedigree.

its not suppose to be hot hatch ? so underpowered engine is alright.

price is not right should be lower.
Old 30th June 2009, 15:35   #530
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post
Maybe its in need of Mercedes engine upgrade to save its racing pedigree.
Once bitten twice shy. I don't think Honda will make the same mistake twice
Old 30th June 2009, 21:20   #531

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I know it's for your folks so will comment : Please consider the Vista. No hatch beats it in terms of rear seat comfort & ride quality.
Please consider the Vista. No hatch beats it in terms of rear seat comfort & ride quality.

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th June 2009 at 22:44. Reason: Please only retain the relevant text when quoting a post. Thanks.
Old 30th June 2009, 21:49   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
If that's the case, a Price Upgrade will surely be on the cards
That will take Jazz out of small car excise rate and take the price straight to ANHC. That is never going to happen unless they decide to increase the price of ANHC further.
Old 30th June 2009, 22:00   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Gpa, have you actually driven the car?? If not, please don't go just by the reviews. I TD'd it extensively, and found it to be quite adequate, actually a lot of my friends who had the same opinion as yours, were pleasantly surprised once they drove the car.
Old 1st July 2009, 11:38   #534
BHPian

Jazz 1.5 M/T, A/T in 2010

According to the July edition of ACI, the Jazz powered by the ANHC engine will be coming next year. I think the Jazz A/T would be a very good city car.
Old 1st July 2009, 12:11   #535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
According to the July edition of ACI, the Jazz powered by the ANHC engine will be coming next year. I think the Jazz A/T would be a very good city car.
Is this news available online ? This is a welcome news. Any idea on pricing ?
Old 1st July 2009, 12:20   #536
BHPian

IMHO, the entire cockpit experience and ergonomics of the i20 is superior to the Jazz, starting from the seating, steering tilt / reach, fabric pattern/design/ plastic quality/ instrumentation style. All of these come together more cohesively on the i20, again, IMO.
Old 1st July 2009, 12:33   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_rider View Post
IMHO, the entire cockpit experience and ergonomics of the i20 is superior to the Jazz, starting from the seating, steering tilt / reach, fabric pattern/design/ plastic quality/ instrumentation style. All of these come together more cohesively on the i20, again, IMO.
I actually have the converse opinion. The cockpit of the Jazz was the only thing I liked.
Old 1st July 2009, 13:48   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
I actually have the converse opinion. The cockpit of the Jazz was the only thing I liked.
I think I agree with hell_rider, I've seen the jazz and I feel the dash of the i20 is better designed and compact, and fits into the overall theme much better than jazz. I am comparing the i20 Asta which has ACC, and that adds to the slickness because of the digital controls. The plastic on the dash is also very high quality, easily comparable to the jazz. I felt the a/c controls on the Jazz were all over the place.
Old 1st July 2009, 15:37   #539
BHPian

Honda Jazz is seemingly a pretty worked up model here, and as it is coming straight from world markets, the quality, specs and equipment is simply superb. However Honda seems to have been expecting too much from Indian Market. Its not a wise man's car. 6.98L (Ex-Delhi) is simply way too high as ex-showroom for a hatchback here in India. They definitely need to work the proportions well when there are other super-hatches available in the market from pretty reknowned brands. If priced near Punto, it would still see some sale. At this price, it is posing as a competitor to City (speaking price wise and not segment/vehicle wise).

This is The price band where you cannot imagine about the missing boot. More so you can get decent entry level SUV in this price band. It is most likely to be heading the Civic Hybrid way. In all proportions, it doesnt seem to be driving numbers here in India.

However as the news goes that somewhere in 2010, they will bring India focussed Jazz and it will be in 5-5.5L segment, then these features and all are very welcome thing. Even if it comes with a 1.2L 80ps something engine.
Old 2nd July 2009, 17:24   #540
BANNED

Its happening!!
T-BHP effect of this thread seems to be making Honda to give discounts (I'm not sure if its already posted here earlier). Honda is offering discounts (may be under disguise of "Corporate" ?) on almost all cars, heard from a friend.

Jazz - 22K to around 55K (6.98 L ex-showroom @ Delhi is at 6.76L)

City SMT & SAT - 22K to 65 K

Civic VMT - 33K to 1.20 Lac

Civic VAT - 58K to 1.50 Lac

Accord AT - 40K to 1.60 Lac

Accord V6 - 65K to 2.25 Lac

What say now, guys? Let those Reasons flowing---- Monsoons, Great Strategy, Rationalisation, tax-cuts et al

Discount on Jazz?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks