Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2009, 12:43   #511
BHPian

Well, anything is possible, Jazz could sell in large numbers; but I really think it will cannibalize the ANHC sales, or vice versa. Pricing is the only hurdle to the Jazz, so for those who don't consider the price in the first place, it could be a no brainer to go for it. But what does still amaze me is given the level of equipment, you pay more for less. But then again the ANHC sells
People think and perceive things differently, and pay for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
This is nothing new from Honda. Same is the case with ANHC which is low on features & 1-1.5L more expensive than competing brands. And people are still lapping it up like there's no tomorrow.

So Honda might as well get away with Jazz ... you know Indians have a weakness for anything Honda
Old 28th June 2009, 01:28   #512
BHPian

For the life of me I can't understand why Honda refuse to offer a standard analogue temperature gauge in either this or the City.

I mean... even if this car wasn't ridiculously overpriced, and I was actually considering buying it, the lack of a temp gauge would really piss me off.
Old 28th June 2009, 09:04   #513
Senior - BHPian

Test drove the car yesterday, apart from the pricing, i loved everything else. I was under the impression that this was like any other hatchback, but the diff in lenght between this and the OHC was prob less than a foot.

It looks more like a small Innova and the space is just unbelievable. I found the interiors to be better than the ANHC. The knobs had a much better and modern finish, unlike the ANHC that uses OHC knobs.

Seating is very comfortable and theres loads of head/shoulder space.

Performance as expected is nothing to boast about, it may have 90bhp but its still a 1.2 ltr engine hauling a car thats much heavier than the OHC.

I diesel version of this car would have made more sense due to the luggage carrying capacity of the car.

Shan2nu
Old 28th June 2009, 09:11   #514
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
jmshaw : But I have to thank Honda, for I came back home and fell in love with my i20 all over again
And my Ikon TDCi is looking sooo good, it's 10 yr old looks not withstanding. At 6L OTR, I got myself a FTD car, comfy seating, diesel economy coupled with a common-railed linear performance, and a boot to boot.
Old 29th June 2009, 09:23   #515
Senior - BHPian

Thanks honda, I fell in Love with my WagonR all over again. It will finish 1,00,000 kms next month in its 10th year.

Equally practical, cheap to own and maintain.

No wonder we haven't been able to replace it in the last few years (and multiple 'which car to buy' threads on team-bhp)
Old 29th June 2009, 10:21   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmshaw View Post
Well, anything is possible, Jazz could sell in large numbers; but I really think it will cannibalize the ANHC sales, or vice versa. Pricing is the only hurdle to the Jazz, so for those who don't consider the price in the first place, it could be a no brainer to go for it. But what does still amaze me is given the level of equipment, you pay more for less. But then again the ANHC sells
People think and perceive things differently, and pay for it!
For Honda, in my observation, people find just a couple of excuses to buy. In NHC, it was the fuel economy and luxirious feel inside, again hardly any equipment, and no ride/handling qualities. For ANHC, it was the 118hp, that people jumped onto. For Jazz, it will be the boot space, forgetting that both ANHC and Jazz have boots protroding beyond the bumper!! If it was done by some other manufacturer, this spacious protruding boot alone would have given enough reason to fail as people would say, a little tail ending bike would damage the boot, ugly duckling buttocks, blah blah.

In spite of having observed such phenomenal magics by Honda in the past, I still believe that Jazz will find a little difficult as people will find a lot more option within the price of 8.5L in petrol or 9.5L in diesel, that too in a lower trim without alloys, auto climate, fog lamps. If Honda does escape with Jazz too in India, I must say, they are the God in understanding Indian customers.
Old 29th June 2009, 10:42   #517
Senior - BHPian

Test drove the Jazz last week. Feels nice to sit inside, but driving experience is nothing to write home about. For an 8 lakh car, I would say that it is seriously under powered. The M800 5 speed gives me a lot more more kick than this one. But looks fantastic. An engine transplant can come in very handy for this car.
Old 29th June 2009, 10:50   #518
Distinguished - BHPian

One of my friends is booking one next week. She likes the space, driving comfort, good visibility, large hatched boot and ergonomics. Doesn't need high performance nor dynamic handling and nor minds the price tag. Guess that defines a typical Jazz buyer!

I saw one on the road and found the rear end to be a bigger verion of the Aveo UV-A! Anybody else noticed the resemblance?
Old 29th June 2009, 11:29   #519
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
For Honda, in my observation, people find just a couple of excuses to buy. In NHC, it was the fuel economy and luxirious feel inside, again hardly any equipment, and no ride/handling qualities. For ANHC, it was the 118hp, that people jumped onto. For Jazz, it will be the boot space, forgetting that both ANHC and Jazz have boots protroding beyond the bumper!! If it was done by some other manufacturer, this spacious protruding boot alone would have given enough reason to fail as people would say, a little tail ending bike would damage the boot, ugly duckling buttocks, blah blah.

In spite of having observed such phenomenal magics by Honda in the past, I still believe that Jazz will find a little difficult as people will find a lot more option within the price of 8.5L in petrol or 9.5L in diesel, that too in a lower trim without alloys, auto climate, fog lamps. If Honda does escape with Jazz too in India, I must say, they are the God in understanding Indian customers.
Bang On !!! Enough excuses which will be termed as "preferences", will be found for sure.

Yes, we, the market, have made Honda the God. Haven't we?
Old 29th June 2009, 11:34   #520
Senior - BHPian

One positive - The Stereo sounds pretty nice, you may not need to spend on upgrades on that front.
Old 29th June 2009, 14:00   #521
Senior - BHPian

Saw 2 registered Jazz last Friday in Chennai - a white and a silver coloured one.
Looks nice. If only the pricing was not so ridiculous. :-(
Old 29th June 2009, 14:30   #522
BHPian

A lot of folks here have eaten humble pie with the launch and success of ANHC, however if Honda pull off the Jazz hats off to them and they will have demonstrated better understanding the India auto market than lots of folks here.

Clearly their pricing teams are working on some data and logic. I am seeing a fairly large number of registered Jazz hatches in Mumbai.

Most including me still can't imagine how a car so overpriced and underpowered at the price will sell apart from niche markets of upwardly mobile urbane women professionals and the relatively well off with a need for a second city car or a 'premium' hatchback. I don't know the size of these markets but would not be very large I presume. So for Honda its limited numbers and higher margins.

Last edited by raul : 29th June 2009 at 14:33.
Old 29th June 2009, 17:03   #523
BHPian

did a quick test drive. super cool looking car. Engine is very quite and grossly underpowered. Honda will definitely have to replace this engine very soon which they will. Better not to buy this one.
Old 30th June 2009, 09:58   #524
BHPian

I booked a white Jazz

for a second car,Jazz is ideal.I am driving CRVs since it was launched back in 2003.I think it is addiction to Honda.I am getting my Jazz on 9th of july.
Old 30th June 2009, 14:28   #525
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
however if Honda pull off the Jazz hats off to them and they will have demonstrated better understanding the India auto market than lots of folks here.
Most probably, Honda will pull it off. They know Indian customer mindset, worked on that for years to build it & now ripping the benefits

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks