Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2009, 17:30   #481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Yes, I heard somehere that warranty gets void if you go for after mkt alloys in Honda else how will people value that Quality stamp & H Badge & pay premium for it? On 2nd point of monopoly - well, its a way of life for everything that the Honda does.
So Hypothetically with a capital "H" (pun intended), i decide to buy the top end Jazz.

Ex Showroom Mumbai 7,78,871
Insurance 28,273
Registration 56,751
Total On Road Mumbai 8,63,895
Add: Alloys (Set of 4) 35,000
Approx. 9,00,000

& if i want thicker tyres then? Man they're a rip off!!!
Old 19th June 2009, 18:01   #482
Senior - BHPian

My colleague and fellow bhpian Ranjith_arp is the first person I know personally who has booked the Jazz! I think he is going to get a white one.

Main reasons that he picked Jazz -
1. Space!
2. Refinement..
3. Quality of interiors

All three points in comparison, he found the GP was far behind. He test drove both the cars back to back and came up with his conclusion.
Old 19th June 2009, 18:55   #483
Senior - BHPian

Apparently, Honda's already had 1000 bookings for the Jazz! Am a little surprised. I would like to attribute it to initial euphoria, and have a strong feeling that the sales would settle to 500 odd a month at the maximum! We can't be paying 8 lakhs plus OTR for this!
Here is a story on Honda Siel, they are planning the actual small car to be launched in the next 2-3 years..
Small car likely in two to three years: Honda Siel Cars- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 19th June 2009, 19:14   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
Apparently, Honda's already had 1000 bookings for the Jazz! Am a little surprised. I would like to attribute it to initial euphoria, and have a strong feeling that the sales would settle to 500 odd a month at the maximum! We can't be paying 8 lakhs plus OTR for this!
Here is a story on Honda Siel, they are planning the actual small car to be launched in the next 2-3 years..
Small car likely in two to three years: Honda Siel Cars- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
After 2 day of bookings in Tata Nano, news papers reported over 6 Lc bookings in process. I turned out that only 2 lac odd bookings were made in total. Maybe, same is the case with Jazz bookings
Old 19th June 2009, 19:30   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
After 2 day of bookings in Tata Nano, news papers reported over 6 Lc bookings in process. I turned out that only 2 lac odd bookings were made in total. Maybe, same is the case with Jazz bookings
Hehe.. this ain't newspaper report, but the marketing manager of Honda Siel, unless of course he has been forced to believe in false numbers by the sales team!
Old 19th June 2009, 20:13   #486
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
So Hypothetically with a capital "H" (pun intended), i decide to buy the top end Jazz.

Ex Showroom Mumbai 7,78,871
Insurance 28,273
Registration 56,751
Total On Road Mumbai 8,63,895
Add: Alloys (Set of 4) 35,000
Approx. 9,00,000

& if i want thicker tyres then? Man they're a rip off!!!
Hey, it doesn't stop there.

Where will additonal cost for following items go? You got to add that as well
- Automatic Climate Control
- USB port
- 12% excise benefit because of 1.2 L Engine
- Am I missing anything more?
Old 19th June 2009, 20:16   #487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
I think that alloys price is correct.
For ANHC its 45k for a set of 4 or 5 alloys!
I am very surprised.

For my 2007 NHC GXi, the dealer initially quoted 22K for a set of 4. Was ready for 17K too but then I found them boring! Given Jazz is pretty much the same as NHC, whats the logic in pricing the alloys higher??
Old 19th June 2009, 22:50   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
I also believe that these numbers are far from truth. And even if they are true it does not seem to be an encouraging figure from Honda's sales target of 2000 a month.
It should also be considered that Jazz launch was very much unlike Punto with their Website up and running about 2-3 months before launch. Every newspaper had reported the June launch. The Automagzines had already carried out the Test Drives of the UK and Thai versions with cover page articles. So all this free publicity could get them only 1000 bookings \

By the way I think Jazz launch at this price point seems to be a defining moment in Indian Automotive History. Suddenly every other car seems to priced reasonably or rather appears to be cheap. Today I was thinking that probably SRV was similarly priced to the Jazz but sadly no longer available. It still seems the most sexy hatch plying on the Indian Roads.
Old 20th June 2009, 12:02   #489
Senior - BHPian

I thought Honda had the right product at hand. Excellent car just like the ANHC and screwed prices to go with them too.

Well, with all the good comes along the bad.

But for a Honda Hater, I cant see much apart from the price to complain.
Old 20th June 2009, 14:20   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post

But for a Honda Hater, I cant see much apart from the price to complain.
Well how about lack of so-called premium features like alloys, ACC, fog lamps, height adjustable seats, 6 airbags, parking assist, sun/moon-roof, advanced touch panel based music system, USB/Bluetooth support, leather seats, leather steering etc etc in an ultra premium (and super ultra expansive, looking at GP prices) small car as also reasons to complain?

Or is a car just 4 wheels and an engine in a tin shell????
Old 20th June 2009, 20:38   #491
Distinguished - BHPian

I agree with most of the people here, had it been priced rationally(about 5.7-6 Lakhs), they would have lapped up far better volumes than what they are getting now. Honda seems happy charging a small premium for its gains than cater to a wider network of people.

No doubt, its a great product but the price tag is really not worth it, just my opinion.
Old 20th June 2009, 20:49   #492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Well how about lack of so-called premium features like alloys, ACC, fog lamps, height adjustable seats, 6 airbags, parking assist, sun/moon-roof, advanced touch panel based music system, USB/Bluetooth support, leather seats, leather steering etc etc in an ultra premium (and super ultra expansive, looking at GP prices) small car as also reasons to complain?

Or is a car just 4 wheels and an engine in a tin shell????
That is where price comes into play. Also if you notice properly, most features are add-ons which the customer can change to his choice.

It is the same gimmick Honda played with ANHC.

But as a car, its an excellent product. MINUS THE PRICE!!!!
Old 20th June 2009, 20:55   #493
BHPian

Great Review GTO! 160 mm ground clearance! I don't think Honda is listening to customer feedback! I have been having hell of a time with City
Old 20th June 2009, 20:56   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
So, if i were to just steal the badge and adorn it on some other car, would that boost up the resale value?
Of course. Using the Jazz as a benchmark, adding an H badge to several cars sold in india would add lakhs to their Showroom and resale prices.
Old 21st June 2009, 12:01   #495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
That is where price comes into play. Also if you notice properly, most features are add-ons which the customer can change to his choice.

It is the same gimmick Honda played with ANHC.

But as a car, its an excellent product. MINUS THE PRICE!!!!
Ok lets look at it one by one.
- ACC you cannot get done from outside (not yet in india I guess) so theres one feature you'll definitely miss. You'll it is not a required feature but then why do luxury cars have ACC???
- Alloys you need to buy from Honda or warranty is void. That will cost 40k for set of 4 (or 50k for set of 5).
- 6 airbags again you cant get them done from outside. Again you might say they are not required but then again my argument is why are they there in bigger or more ezpansive luxury cars? Probably just gimmicks and car companies fleecing poor "rich" folks!
- Height adjustable seats I dont know if we can get after market. Maybe you can tell better
- Parking assistant can be done aftermarket. Prices range from 2k - 20k. Something like the one in Fabia will cost like 4k.
- Premium music player with USB/Bluetooth support again can be had aftermarket.
- Other interesting premium features like Auto Tranny (dont know if we can get it done aftermarket - my take we cant), Sun/Moon roof (might cost upwards of 50k for electronic one), fog lamps (honda will charge something like 20k for them - Probably they' re also not required, dont know why premium luxury cars have them - again probably companies just fleecing the rich), etc etc

Or probably a car is just tinbox + an engine. Rest all get aftermarket. In that case why the need for 'H' badge? Lets just buy an engine (is it possible/legal to do that in India?) and lets get everything aftermarket to our tastes Afterall price is no concern. This way we might be able to drive a Jazz type car for 20 lakhs

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks