Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2010, 15:10   #616
BANNED

Quote:
According to the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers, Honda Siel Cars India (HSCI) had produced 1,066 units of Jazz in December 2009, while selling only 269 units.
You can see how desperate they are.
Old 15th February 2010, 01:31   #617

Feb 14, 2010, Chennai: After a couple of weeks of city driving, I took my Jazz out on a 200 km (round trip) drive to a village in the Eastern Ghats, on the Andhra Pradesh side of the AP/TN border. There were five of us in the car, out for a trek with a group of 20 members of CTC. The trip organizers were a bit sceptical at first, pointing out that the low clearance of Hondas could pose a problem. As it turned out, the drive turned out very smooth, giving me 16.5km to a liter, with air-conditioning. The car even went over a dry stream bed with pebbles, rocks and small boulders without complaining. There was only one instance where the low clearance turned out to be a problem - a nasty bump on a mud track. All told,
a positive experience.
Old 15th March 2010, 22:40   #618
Senior - BHPian

I know there is very less activity on this tread since Jan. Since I have a question and I think its not too late to ask.

Note: I apologize if these questions are already answered in this thread.

@ GTO
1. If you have to decide between i20 1.4 petrol and Jazz which one will you prefer? and why? Lets keep everything (= brand, features, VFM thingy) aside and just talk about the product.
Old 16th March 2010, 13:50   #619
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hammerhead, as things stand today, I'd choose the i20 1.4 AT for the city, or the 1.4 diesel for the highway. Even though its expensive, I think the i20s diesel engine is a class topper. Overall, the i20 offers more car (and a longer list of equipment) than the Jazz, at a lesser price.
Old 16th March 2010, 17:05   #620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennaitexan View Post
Feb 14, 2010, Chennai: After a couple of weeks of city driving, I took my Jazz out on a 200 km (round trip) drive to a village in the Eastern Ghats, on the Andhra Pradesh side of the AP/TN border. There were five of us in the car, out for a trek with a group of 20 members of CTC. The trip organizers were a bit sceptical at first, pointing out that the low clearance of Hondas could pose a problem. As it turned out, the drive turned out very smooth, giving me 16.5km to a liter, with air-conditioning. The car even went over a dry stream bed with pebbles, rocks and small boulders without complaining. There was only one instance where the low clearance turned out to be a problem - a nasty bump on a mud track. All told,
a positive experience.
Had Honda offered a 4WD option, it would have been still more phenomenal. But what more can we expect from this ultra VFM hatch?
Old 16th March 2010, 20:08   #621
BHPian

Please tell me you were being sarcastic when you called a 1.2 litre Honda hatchback that costs almost 9 lakhs on road in Bombay "ultra VFM".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Had Honda offered a 4WD option, it would have been still more phenomenal. But what more can we expect from this ultra VFM hatch?

Last edited by ghostrider : 16th March 2010 at 20:10.
Old 16th March 2010, 20:46   #622
akp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennaitexan View Post
a positive experience.
@chennaitexan, I think you should open a separate thread for your ownership experience.

Slightly OT, I wonder why the number of posts against your name seems to remain 1 forever.
Old 4th April 2010, 18:13   #623
Senior - BHPian

spotted a kitted jazz

found this at connought place. Mods kindly move it to appropriate thread if it doesn't warrent a new thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-dsc02663.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-dsc02664.jpg  

Old 4th April 2010, 23:36   #624
BHPian

Have seen it being 'Modded' at Elegant in Lajpat Nagar. Owner is of a south-eastern origin.
Old 5th April 2010, 13:04   #625
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Have seen it being 'Modded' at Elegant in Lajpat Nagar. Owner is of a south-eastern origin.
does he have elegant kit for ANHC and for how much?
Old 5th April 2010, 14:15   #626
Distinguished - BHPian

Even I have seen a very similarly kitted car quite a few times on the Lalbagh road. The car I believe has been dressed up away from the showroom (non Honda accessories)
Old 4th May 2010, 12:03   #627
BHPian

Dash panel modification

Can Jazz's dash panel be modified to fit in a aftermarket single / double DIN HU ? How much would it cost to modify the front dash panel ? Has any tbhp member tried doing it ?
Old 5th May 2010, 10:19   #628
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
Can Jazz's dash panel be modified to fit in a aftermarket single / double DIN HU ? How much would it cost to modify the front dash panel ? Has any tbhp member tried doing it ?
I'm pretty sure you can with the help of a "dash kit". Check my Civic thread out to see how I fitted a double-din head unit. Basically, the dashboard plastic panel, onto which the OEM HU is fitted, gets replaced with an aftermarket one (same colour + finish though).
Old 9th June 2010, 23:16   #629
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Yup, been hearing of 50,000 discount straight up on the Jazz. If Honda can officially correct the price by 1.0 - 1.5 lakhs, that's more like it.
Hi GTO,
If one gets a jazz at that price cut, will you recommend that as a more superior product than any other hatch today? Will buying it make sense over the ANHC, if the price difference remains the same( which means even the city has a 1-1.5 price cut)?.
I read your test drive and a few ownership threads, but not clear on what is a major negative about this product( if any) other than the high acquisition cost. I hope i am not missing any, so posting this across
I know you mentioned the i20 diesel better than the jazz, but asking for petrol. My situation is that i am getting a leased car, so my cost will be x-showroom cost and i am getting a decent discount on the jazz as its a corp purchase hence cost for me is about 1.5 lacs lesser than its OTR cost. The only reason for indecision is to go for a city which gives a better ownership feeling than buying the jazz which is after all, a hatch! My usage is 80% city and 20% highways.
Thanks for your inputs in advance
Old 10th June 2010, 18:20   #630
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
If one gets a jazz at that price cut, will you recommend that as a more superior product than any other hatch today?
Quote:
I read your test drive and a few ownership threads, but not clear on what is a major negative about this product( if any) other than the high acquisition cost.
The Jazz is, without doubt, the best hatchback on our roads today. The single largest downside is the price. It is currently over-priced by atleast 1.25 lakhs (if not 1.5). If only Honda were to slash the tag...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks