Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2009, 13:51   #556
Senior - BHPian

Test drove the Jazz back to back with the Punto and apart from better quality interiors and little more space, the Jazz is trumped by the Punto, comprehensively. The weedy 1.2 Petrol struggled to move with 4 people on board and the AC on at full blast unless given the stick or the full throttle treatment. The ride looked ok on normal rough surfaces but on bad roads the suspension crashes and made all sorts of noises while Punto on the other hand just smoothered all.
I would go for the Punto MJD Emotion Pack + even if it was priced the same as Fiat.
Old 6th July 2009, 16:06   #557
BHPian

Since the launch of Jazz, I have observed the number of i20s on the road has gone up dramatically. Used to barely see 1 i20 a day a month back, now I see at least 3-4 everyday!
I deduce either people were waiting for Jazz launch, and then seeing the astronomical pricing went ahead with i20, or else it is just the early bookings being delivered now!
Old 7th July 2009, 17:49   #558
BHPian

I agree with JMSHAW, I see the same phenomenon in Bangalore too.
Old 7th July 2009, 18:00   #559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
They said Jazz to be "rich people's small car"

These auto shows rarely get anything right but that's one thing they got spot on! But I think that's what Honda wants too. They are only targetting rich people to maintain their premium car maker tag.
Old 7th July 2009, 20:21   #560
Senior - BHPian

I met a ex-colleague of mine in Mumbai.
He told me this his younger brother bought a Jazz.
I asked him "Isn't it expensive as it has no features ?".

His answer surprised me.
"It has everything in it .. stereo, tubeless tyres, airbags, ABS, crash proof (?), lots of space, excellent stability (?) etc, etc (???)"

i understood that his brother works for an IT company in Mumbai and for sure i do not think, he is rich as we understand.
Old 7th July 2009, 21:26   #561
BHPian

This is the other set of Jazz buyers .... people who buy things without any research. Blissfully ignorant to the fact that Honda cars don't have "everything" rather the opposite.
Gone are the days when Honda was the hi-tech car showcasing never-before-seen features to the poor indians. Competition has moved ahead of it .. ofcourse it has best petrol engine no doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
His answer surprised me.
"It has everything in it .. stereo, tubeless tyres, airbags, ABS, crash proof (?), lots of space, excellent stability (?) etc, etc (???)"
Old 7th July 2009, 21:38   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post

i do not think, he is rich as we understand.
Am shocked and surprised as to why he didnt say its a Honda and thats enough reason for him to buy a Jazz which is a valid reason anyways as Honda is famous for making reliable cars with good A.S.S albeit with a higher spares cost.

Stereo and Tubeless tyres?? These are considered features by him? What era does he live in? He spent 7.8 L on a car and adds stereo and tubeless tyres in features list to tell you
Crash proof? Whoa, thats news to me, can it pass through other cars? Dont know which car he compared with Jazz and provided such a beautiful answer to you.

Am yet to see 1 Jazz on tbhp, eagerly awaiting one in any color. Would love to see pics instead of Gto's thread. To me Red one looks good.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 7th July 2009 at 21:39.
Old 7th July 2009, 21:52   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Am yet to see 1 Jazz on tbhp, eagerly awaiting one in any color. Would love to see pics instead of Gto's thread. To me Red one looks good.
I have seen two here in Bangalore - Silver and Blue. I like blue as it looks stunning. Truly amazing.
Old 8th July 2009, 09:44   #564
BHPian

Seen two here in Delhi as well. One in the blue and one in silver. In my opinion the blue looks by far the best with the red and black coming joint second.

In terms of my opinion of the Jazz. I love the car. I would say it has just the right amount of stuff in it to keep customers happy (it isn't overly lacking any gizmos). Its just that for the money you spend, people expect more especially when compared to the competition.

That is only issue that I agree with everyone about, the price. For that price I was hoping for the spec equivalent of an i20 Asta (at least). Also, what surprises is me is the fact that they opted for a smaller engine to save on costs. So which part of the car costs so much? I certianly hope it isn't the gimmicky magic seats.
Old 8th July 2009, 10:52   #565
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure if it was ACI or OD but in an interview, Honda India's CEO said that it is more expensive to manufacture a hatch then a sedan.
Old 8th July 2009, 10:56   #566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I would go for the Punto MJD Emotion Pack + even if it was priced the same as Fiat.
Errr.. you mean 'priced the same as Honda'. Anyways interesting observations.
Old 8th July 2009, 11:24   #567
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I am not sure if it was ACI or OD but in an interview, Honda India's CEO said that it is more expensive to manufacture a hatch then a sedan.
It was ACI. Reason stated was heavier tailgate in case of a hatchback
Old 8th July 2009, 12:47   #568
BHPian

I saw a JAZZ being driven by an uncle in his 60 s on asking him how was the car is it upto your expectation s ? The reply was it s a Honda and all of us know what to expect from it !! Honda kind of rule s in it s own segment and will also in this small car segment !! Any idea when shall they launch an A/T for the same
Old 8th July 2009, 13:05   #569
Team-BHP Support

The honda Jazz costs Rs.8.44L onroad bangalore for the standard variant. Now that is one expensive hatchback.
Old 10th July 2009, 20:29   #570
Senior - BHPian

I am in China (Shenzhen), Honda Jazz is being sold as Honda FIT.
Over last 3 days, i saw at least a dozen Honda FIT being driven by Females.
My colleague told me that Honda FIT is very popular among the ladies.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks