Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2012, 13:36   #2056
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

I took my Jazz for a 1200 Kms highway crunching drive and what a joy it was. It feels absolutely fantastic both on 100 kmph highway cruises and on twisters at some of the minor ghats that are present on Mumbai-Kolhapur-Goa route.

Overall mileage: 18.4 kmpl and this includes some 200 km drive within Goa itself.
Total passengers: 4 including myself (I am the driver here)
Luggage: Boot utilized to the maximum
Animesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 12:11   #2057
BHPian

Dear All,

I am taking delivery of my white Jazz X during the Navratra's. I want to get the 3D Kagu mats for my beauty. Can anybody please suggest some outlet or any number for the same. Also what is the approximate price to expect for the same. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by db0009 : 9th October 2012 at 12:12.
Old 10th October 2012, 23:40   #2058
BHPian

Used Jazz - 7.5K run - 6.4L - good deal?

Guys, an acquaintance is selling his 1 year old Jazz Select (7.5K on the odo), since he is relocating. The car is Bangalore registered and apparently well maintained. No significant accessories have been fitted (only a reverse sensor).

He is looking at a price of around 6.4L. The on-road price for Jazz Select in Bangalore is ~7.6L. So, this is around a 1.2L discount over the price for a new car.

Do you guys think this is a good deal? Do let me know your thoughts.
Old 11th October 2012, 08:16   #2059
Senior - BHPian

Re: Used Jazz - 7.5K run - 6.4L - good deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
Guys, an acquaintance is selling his 1 year old Jazz Select (7.5K on the odo), since he is relocating. The car is Bangalore registered and apparently well maintained. No significant accessories have been fitted (only a reverse sensor).

He is looking at a price of around 6.4L. The on-road price for Jazz Select in Bangalore is ~7.6L. So, this is around a 1.2L discount over the price for a new car.

Do you guys think this is a good deal? Do let me know your thoughts.
I think you can get a fair judgment using car valuation tools offered by some Indian portals like "Carwale", the price of 6.4 lac seems to be on the higher side as petrol vehicles are not in demand.

IMO try to seal the deal around 5 lac mark...good luck !
tj123 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 22:11   #2060
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone faced a sticky clutch on the Jazz? The pedal would go all the way down and remain stuck. Will return after a press or two.

The clutch release point is also way down. The service center bleed the clutch and feels better now. My car has run 17500kms.
Old 16th October 2012, 12:15   #2061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Has anyone faced a sticky clutch on the Jazz? The pedal would go all the way down and remain stuck. Will return after a press or two.
no issues at my end. I presume there is no obstruction like aftermarket mats such as those 3D Kagu mats etc.

Do you (or the person who drives the car the most) drive with a heavy foot on the clutch normally?
Old 16th October 2012, 16:50   #2062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I presume there is no obstruction like aftermarket mats such as those 3D Kagu mats etc.
I don't think 3D Kagu mats can be the cause for this. They should not obstruct the path as they are designed according to the contours of the car.
Old 16th October 2012, 16:55   #2063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by db0009 View Post
I don't think 3D Kagu mats can be the cause for this. They should not obstruct the path as they are designed according to the contours of the car.
You may be correct, I dont have the specifics of those mats or how they were installed.
I would not know, I dont have those. I mentioned them because I dont know any other aftermarket types.
Old 17th October 2012, 11:57   #2064
BHPian

Just when we had started enjoying our Jazz, had gotten done with first servicing etc, we are to travel abroad for 6 months. It hurts. We're leaving the beauty in a friend's care.
Old 17th October 2012, 12:04   #2065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi8195 View Post
Just when we had started enjoying our Jazz, had gotten done with first servicing etc, we are to travel abroad for 6 months. It hurts. We're leaving the beauty in a friend's care.
I can imagine how it would feel staying away. However, the car is typical Honda. Leave her alone for a couple of weeks and she will still start at the first crank. In essence, a short ride once in a while is ok enough. Now that would be a bit challenging if it were a diesel mill

It should be fine though, my Jazz has done hardly a 100 kms in the last 6 months due to some other reasons.

Last edited by selfdrive : 17th October 2012 at 12:05.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 12:12   #2066
BHPian

Quote:
I can imagine how it would feel staying away. However, the car is typical Honda. Leave her alone for a couple of weeks and she will still start at the first crank. In essence, a short ride once in a while is ok enough. Now that would be a bit challenging if it were a diesel mill

It should be fine though, my Jazz has done hardly a 100 kms in the last 6 months due to some other reasons.
selfdrive! that was quite reassuring, I must say. We've requested our friend to take her for a spin once or twice in a month and get the servicing done at regular intervals.
Old 17th October 2012, 12:34   #2067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi8195 View Post
We've requested our friend to take her for a spin once or twice in a month and get the servicing done at regular intervals.
I have been assigned duties to spin around an i20 and a WagonR once in a while too. I am hoping the next guy who goes onsite has a diesel car which I can drive around every day.
No issues though as these are the people who kept the wheels turning for my bikes when I was not around. What goes around, comes around

If you need any info while you are not around, feel free to PM me
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2012, 01:04   #2068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
no issues at my end. I presume there is no obstruction like aftermarket mats such as those 3D Kagu mats etc.

Do you (or the person who drives the car the most) drive with a heavy foot on the clutch normally?
There is a mat, but that doesnt cause any obstruction. I do not ride the clutch. My Alto's clutch lasted me about 30K kms. They still had life, but was hard. Does Honda clutch last lesser?
Old 18th October 2012, 10:42   #2069
Senior - BHPian

IMO Honda clutches are one of the best. In my old City, it lasted more than 50k km 6+ years with tons of revving/downshifting. Could still make the tires squeal in 2nd gear after that time. Sold it off with the original clutch.
Old 18th October 2012, 14:47   #2070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
There is a mat, but that doesnt cause any obstruction. I do not ride the clutch. My Alto's clutch lasted me about 30K kms. They still had life, but was hard. Does Honda clutch last lesser?
That's way too short, my Santro Xing's clutch is yet to be changed (~ 70k kms, that too in Delhi)... it only little bit harder lately as compared to newer Santro's. Not sure what's incorrect in your case.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks