Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2012, 19:23   #1951
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkurup View Post
Looked all ok, with no scratches or dents, and the Odometer showed 4 kms. As mentioned earlier, car is of June 2012 make. Only grouse was that the car came with MRF stock tyres and not Michelins
Good going! Especially with that odo reading.
I would not worry too much about the MRFs. Yes the Michelins would have been ideal. But some bhpians have had good things to say about the MRFs too. I think @mdsaab was one of them.
Old 17th August 2012, 20:16   #1952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Good going! Especially with that odo reading.
I would not worry too much about the MRFs. Yes the Michelins would have been ideal. But some bhpians have had good things to say about the MRFs too. I think @mdsaab was one of them.
Thanks selfdrive for reassuring about MRFs. Plus, anything from mdsaab is gold-dust The stockyard in-charge was also all praise for MRFs which I thought was normal sales-talk

Regards,
Rahul
Old 18th August 2012, 11:36   #1953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi8195 View Post
Thanks mate! The yard visit is scheduled for tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed. I hadn't thought of carrying a camera. Now I will.
Quote:
Thanks Cowlflap. Got my VIN; a quick check using Wildon's thread revealed that the make is June 2012. Will try to take pictures.

Regards,
Rahul
Pictures always help. I was able to get a damaged wheel cap changed by sending the picture as an email attachment to the dealer, post PDI. Also take pictures with the accessories provided by the manufacturer - spare bulbs, first aid kit, USB cable, etc. - in case someone decides to pinch these post your PDI
Old 18th August 2012, 11:39   #1954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123 View Post
I talked to the dealer today. He told me if he cannot give me the X-kit by month end, he said i can apply for reimbursement and that it would be given to me .
I would suggest you go for the X kit. It totally changes the front look from mousy / rabbity to neat and sleek with a touch of class. The rear spoiler also enhances the side profile / look.

Honda has been sending the kits now. The dealer is taking you for as long a ride as he can since you paid for it up front. I refused to do so, till I got it, which is recently. Complain to Honda and see how fast you get the kit.
Old 18th August 2012, 18:03   #1955
BHPian

Finally got to see the car in the yard. Traveling to the yard (located in Wagholi) was like traveling to another town itself. It is FAR. Now few words about the car.
Full of dust as was expected. Many times we were removing the dust to check if there was a scratch or dent. NOTHING.
Odometer reading was 5 and VIN was found to be same as given to me by the SM. I checked the light, indicators, brake light, spare wheel, engine, toolkit etc.

Though they let me start the car but not test drive it. We've clicked few pictures also. Will upload those later.

We consider ourselves lucky as we're getting Michelin
Old 18th August 2012, 22:45   #1956
BHPian

Quote:

We consider ourselves lucky as we're getting Michelin
Congrats abhi on getting Michelins Wish I had got those too, though selfdrive's comments on MRFs are reassuring.
Old 19th August 2012, 21:43   #1957
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats abhi on getting Michelins Wish I had got those too, though selfdrive's comments on MRFs are reassuring.
Thanks Rahul! Frankly speaking I don't know much about the finer aspects of these different brands of tyres. I would have been as happy with an Apollo or MRF. And selfdrive has already assured you.
Old 19th August 2012, 22:19   #1958
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Rahul! Frankly speaking I don't know much about the finer aspects of these different brands of tyres. I would have been as happy with an Apollo or MRF. And selfdrive has already assured you.
That is true Abhi. When are you getting delivery of your car and which is your model?
Old 20th August 2012, 00:16   #1959
BHPian

Quote:
That is true Abhi. When are you getting delivery of your car and which is your model?
Mine is Standard model. The delivery would most probably be on Saturday if SBI people don't decide to strike on Tuesday too

What about you?
abhi8195 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2012, 09:43   #1960
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is Standard model. The delivery would most probably be on Saturday if SBI people don't decide to strike on Tuesday too

What about you?
Same here - Standard model (Ralleye Red). SBI loan is sanctioned and ready for disbursal. Plan to pay my portion this Saturday; so., delivery maybe by month-end or early September.
Old 22nd August 2012, 12:14   #1961
BHPian

Loan disbursement done. Check handed over to Deccan Honda. RTO work in progress. Sadly, I've been asked to cough up 2500/- to Deccan Honda to be handed over to RTO agent

The reason that was given to me - "Saar! your Rent Agreement is not registered." Why the hell was I asked to get a Police Verification done of my address?

To all my queries, their response was - "It's the RTO rule saar. We can't do anything about it."
Old 22nd August 2012, 12:18   #1962
BHPian

Quote:
Loan disbursement done. Check handed over to Deccan Honda. RTO work in progress. Sadly, I've been asked to cough up 2500/- to Deccan Honda to be handed over to RTO agent

The reason that was given to me - "Saar! your Rent Agreement is not registered." Why the hell was I asked to get a Police Verification done of my address?

To all my queries, their response was - "It's the RTO rule saar. We can't do anything about it."
I think you can try giving a valid address proof(which is not a rental agreement) like say a letter from the HR of your company which states you reside @ so and so or a BSNL Landline bill or Indane/Bharat/HP Gas voucher etc. Rental agreement is no longer a valid addressproof atleast in Bangalore its that way. In any case, you'l be asked for Rs 350 not more than that!(Bangalore is the worst in RTO's taxation/bribes and even they ask for 350Rs. I think dealer might be charging more in your case!). Not sure check it up.
shadows123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 12:37   #1963
BHPian

I am posting this query here because I want a solution specific to Honda Jazz.

There is a USB port that is provided which is able to detect 'USB Drive' and plays music just fine.

However, I wanted to know if there is a way to connect my Mobile (HTC phone on Android ICS) to the USB port and then play music?

Already tried: Selected "Mount as disk drive" as option, but then the error message I get in the Car Audio Unit Display is "Unsupported". I must state here that music files are in the same mp3 format as the ones in USB drive that plays just fine.

Please suggest a solution.
Old 22nd August 2012, 13:48   #1964
BHPian

Quote:
Abhi, please get all the receipts for payments made to the dealer. I get this weird feeling that due to the thin profit margins on Jazz, some dealers try to make money on insurance, rto, etc.

Rahul
Old 22nd August 2012, 13:55   #1965
BHPian

Quote:

Here is a link to a similar topic for Pune. You will find this helpful

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...documents.html
vikrantj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks