Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2012, 19:39   #2026
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
It was very easy to get a good steering position. The car was good to drive while pottering around in city traffic but felt a trifle under powered while accelerating up the ramp of a flyover. Stability was good - much better than I expected given its tall boyish looks. The only real issue was that the gear shift felt a bit notchy and un Honda like, especially while downshifting from 3rd to 2nd. Would appreciate if someone could confirm if this is really the case.

After driving both this and the City, I really feel the Jazz is much better value for money - wish it came with the 1.5 iVtec though.
Accelerating up a flyover, it sure feels underpowered, though a downshift isn't always a necessity.

There's been a few posts doing the rounds about the noticable notchiness, particularly when downshifting. I have less trouble downshifting to 2nd, than I have shifting down to first! Some are of the opinion that the downshifts will not happen unless you're at the appropriate speed. Not sure if this is true.

But, the gear will feel notchy until the first 5k kms or so, according to the gurus. More Honda-like
Old 8th September 2012, 19:44   #2027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi8195 View Post
As Ninja has already informed the group, we got our car delivery on 29th Nov. Deccan Honda also celebrated my kid's second birthday by cutting a cake. Nice touch, I would say.

It's a beauty - the Jazz. Somehow, white color makes the car look longer.
Congrats abhi! Happy mile crunching.

It is a long car, white or not.
Old 8th September 2012, 23:31   #2028
BHPian

Took delivery of my Rallye Red Jazz SMT today . A few pictures below:

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-150.jpg

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-3.jpg

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-4.jpg

Thanks,
Rahul
rkurup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2012, 23:36   #2029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkurup View Post
Took delivery of my Rallye Red Jazz SMT today .

Thanks,
Rahul

Congrats! Fantastic choice of car and colour. Fancy number you got there?
Old 8th September 2012, 23:40   #2030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Congrats! Fantastic choice of car and colour. Fancy number you got there?
Thanks, Ashwin. Got a nice number series, but solely by chance than design. Guess, I was just a bit lucky.
Old 8th September 2012, 23:44   #2031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Ashwin. Got a nice number series, but solely by chance than design. Guess, I was just a bit lucky.
All Jazz owners are lucky I guess. My mum wanted our Jazz's number to add up to 6, but we were unwilling to pay 5k to facilitate it. So we left it to fate and guess what? We ended up with 510 which adds up to 6.

Drive safe, take care of the car and do post an initial ownership review with lots and lots of pics! I wanted the Rallye Red, but had to settle for a U.T. I'll need your help to get over the emotional trauma.
Old 8th September 2012, 23:52   #2032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Drive safe, take care of the car and do post an initial ownership review with lots and lots of pics! I wanted the Rallye Red, but had to settle for a U.T. I'll need your help to get over the emotional trauma.
Sure, will do that over the next couple of weeks or so. About taking care of her, being a new driver coupled with Mumbai's traffic makes sure that I am on tenterhooks every time I am driving.
Old 8th September 2012, 23:55   #2033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sure, will do that over the next couple of weeks or so. About taking care of her, being a new driver coupled with Mumbai's traffic makes sure that I am on tenterhooks every time I am driving.
Oh, I'm new to driving too! The Jazz is unbelievably easy to drive, the steering is super light a well is the clutch, you'll get the hand of the car sooner than you think. Trust me. And Bangalore's traffic ain't so forgiving either. But hey, we'll catch up to Schumacher someday.
Old 9th September 2012, 00:09   #2034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowlFlap View Post
Accelerating up a flyover, it sure feels underpowered, though a downshift isn't always a necessity.

There's been a few posts doing the rounds about the noticable notchiness, particularly when downshifting. I have less trouble downshifting to 2nd, than I have shifting down to first! Some are of the opinion that the downshifts will not happen unless you're at the appropriate speed. Not sure if this is true.

But, the gear will feel notchy until the first 5k kms or so, according to the gurus. More Honda-like
I do feel that shifting to 1st is much easier if you tap on the brakes and bring the speed down closer to a halt. 2nd sometimes does feel notchy. I am yet to get a pattern onto that. Generally the clutch is so light that sometimes i dont end up giving it the push all the way down. And attribute this as reason.

Does it feel underpowered - yes towards left of 2k RPM, which gets more pronounced during slopes. But the car really pulls well - even at 1k RPM at 4th gear ( ~30kmph) engine doesnt struggle but climbs up slowly.

Quote:
Congrats rkurup on you new Jazz.
vigneshA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2012, 12:28   #2035
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 982804

Attachment 982805

Attachment 982806

Thanks,
Rahul
Many congratulations Rahul. The car looks elegantly sporty. Drive on!!
abhi8195 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2012, 12:58   #2036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
I do feel that shifting to 1st is much easier if you tap on the brakes and bring the speed down closer to a halt. 2nd sometimes does feel notchy. I am yet to get a pattern onto that. Generally the clutch is so light that sometimes i dont end up giving it the push all the way down. And attribute this as reason.
Quite true. Have caught myself occassionally with some pedal travel still available. However, not sure if that is the only reason. Have tried slowing down, too. I guess it'll be a while before it smoothens out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA
But the car really pulls well - even at 1k RPM at 4th gear ( ~30kmph) engine doesnt struggle but climbs up slowly.
True as well..but expect loud, irritating beeps and glares from passing cars while you trundle up the slope
If you don't have a traffic problem to deal with, switching from 2nd to 4th, while still in the 40kmph range, is easily done, and IMHO, helps with FE.
Old 10th September 2012, 12:43   #2037
BHPian

Folks - a quick clarification. Checked the manual & googling - not much relevant information.

Yesterday, got a Aux-in cable to connect my iphone & a Nokia to play music. But, the output is audible only from the left side. This is not the case, when the iphone is played through USB (and yes - the FM etc also plays fine).

Logically, this can't be cable fault . Is anything to do with AUX jack ?. Did any one face similar problem ? Is there a DIY workaround ?

Thanks,
jay.
Old 13th September 2012, 13:05   #2038
BHPian

What is the right tyre pressure for the Jazz, fronts/rears?
Old 13th September 2012, 13:10   #2039
Senior - BHPian

Sometimes aux cables can be bad / problematic, especially the cheap ones. Are you playing the iPhone through usb or aux-in? Aux-in needs to be connected with the headphone out of any phone or mp3 player. In case of usb, Jazz (and others) usually treat the phone as a disk drive. I have had mixed results for this, some phones work, some don't.

Front is 32 psi, rear 30. This is not going to work practically, unless everytime you hassle the chap to do so.

@rkurup: Yours seems to be a rare base model. Is it the Select? If so, no alloys?

Last edited by sandeep108 : 13th September 2012 at 13:13.
sandeep108 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2012, 23:18   #2040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverhick View Post
What is the right tyre pressure for the Jazz, fronts/rears?
It is mentioned somewhere on the doors...it say 32 front and 30 rear. But given the size of the humps now-a-days, I always fill 34 front and 32 rear.
Will make the ride a bit uncomfortable but saves me the agony of the Jazz scraping the bumps.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks