Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2012, 19:20   #2086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover

I doubt if it will be available after market . But, you an fix a very good after market spoiler. First face-lifted jazz of my city, a UT X, has an aftermarket spoiler. It looks very good, much better than the X kit one.
I am pretty sure that after market spoiler is available. Shall fish out the post and pic on this forum itself. It costs Rs. 2900.

I didn't understand the "first face-lifted jazz of my city".

Please post pictures of the spoiler on the car that you got. I would really appreciate that.
Old 30th October 2012, 19:48   #2087
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
I didn't understand the "first face-lifted jazz of my city".
Sorry bro. I meant the 1st facelifted jazz X that rolled out from the showroom at my place . He too didnt got the X-kit at the time of delivery. So, that guy fitted an aftermarket Spoiler. I met him during my Jazz's service and asked him about the Spoiler. He made the service centre guys paint it in UT as well. I dont have a picture of it, but trust me, it looks much better than the one which Honda provides with X-kit. So, better than looking for X-kit, i suggest you look for an after market spoiler, that too at a cheaper rate.
Old 31st October 2012, 20:06   #2088
BHPian

Btw here's the car after the kit installation

Name:  ForumRunner_20121031_200510.png
Views: 3731
Size:  389.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20121031_200523.png
Views: 3814
Size:  378.5 KB
Attached Images

Old 1st November 2012, 02:03   #2089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'AL' View Post
Btw here's the car after the kit installation
Congrats on getting the X kit . How long have you waited for it to arrive ? Mines a silver X as well. looking just like mine

But, ours front grille got a problem. During the 3rd month service, they did something to the kit. The black portion got a bit faded. I seriously doubt it was the waxing on the black portion in the middle. Do check on that next time you go to service. Better not to wax that portion.
Old 4th December 2012, 12:47   #2090
Senior - BHPian

Anyone facing issue with starting? For few weeks, I have this issue of starting after shutting down for a short gap. The starter refuses to fire up. It starts in the 2nd or 3rd attempt. No issue in a cold start. Irritating while at a signal. Since there is no cranking action, suspect the starter.

I personally checked the battery voltage, shows 12.65V when cold. The indicator also shows blue indicating a decent voltage.

Will update after visit to service.
Old 4th December 2012, 14:11   #2091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Anyone facing issue with starting? For few weeks, I have this issue of starting after shutting down for a short gap. The starter refuses to fire up. It starts in the 2nd or 3rd attempt. No issue in a cold start. Irritating while at a signal. Since there is no cranking action, suspect the starter.

I personally checked the battery voltage, shows 12.65V when cold. The indicator also shows blue indicating a decent voltage.

Will update after visit to service.

Please have the starter motor and/or solenoid checked.
Old 5th December 2012, 11:40   #2092
BHPian

People,

A friend recently booked the Jazz at Ring Road Honda, Delhi. The dealer has given a very vague timeline "1-3 months, will tell you what colour and model is available".

Why is this so? Does anyone have a contact at any Honda dealership in town who can give a clear picture.

Thanks,
Tapish
Old 7th December 2012, 13:50   #2093

Tapish!

Talking about Delhi, most of the dealers are giving 2-3 months of waiting time on Jazz.I am in talk with 3 to 5 dealers right now for my own Jazz-Base model and they are only able to claim delivery till February.Even some of the dealer do not even have it on display in showrooms.

Saw a Brio S(O)MT in Prime Honda Patparganj (while actually hunting for Jazz ) I wasnt made for the rear seat in it.Came back with a broken heart and dreaming Jazz.

saw a news article in todays TOI , all car manufacturers including Hyundai & Honda are looking for price hike again.I think Honda already hiked their price in the month of Oct.Don't know if Honda is planning for to bomb my Dream Jazz.

Also does any any of us has some clue/speculation about perception of forthcoming budget for Car Buyers/Owners/Manufacturers/Dealer??
hridyesh10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2012, 15:55   #2094
Senior - BHPian

Was just reading about Jazz in Car and Driver. They have given a diagram with how much Fit stores behind the front seat, cargo volume vs German small SUVs. Interesting.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...nda-fit-page-7
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2012, 17:04   #2095

Hello Guys! Thanks for all the information you provided in this thread. I finalized and finally got my Honda Jazz X Tafetta White on 06-Dec-2012. I bought it from the Deccan Honda (Pimpri-Chinchwad), Pune dealer. Although I was told that there will be minimum 1 month waiting period, I was allocated the car within 4 days after daily follow up. Total time taken, including SBI loan processing is 10 days.

X variant cost Rs. 7,69,869 on road. The only accessories I fitted are Seat Covers and Reverse Parking Sensors.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-1j.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz-2j.jpg  

tushar_j is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2012, 20:17   #2096
BHPian

Congratulations to you Tushar, happy and safe driving.I see that you also got your X Kit along with the car.Please tell us what kind of a daily follow up did you have with them? Your 10 day delivery story may help increase morale for those who are waiting.
To everyone else, Hello, im a new member on Team-BHP.com. I too own a Jazz X (UT).Its been six months since i first drove the beauty after 6 months of waiting, and since then it has been amazing.ODO is clocked at aroung 4000KM.No problems till date. Third Service is due,will be taking it in for the same this week. I regularly wash and wax my car every one-two months depending on the conditions(I drive very less).
Old 10th December 2012, 14:48   #2097
BHPian

Congrats Tushar on your new purchase. Happy and Safe motoring.

Guys - i am due for my first paid service - and the car has already done 11k kms. Do you people advice going in for the synthetic oil now or should it be further delayed?
Also whats the oil change period for Synthetic. I had gone for Mobile in Alto and that was supposed to last 20k kms. THe regular one is for 5k i believe. However the Honda SA didnt provide me with a good response. He was saying that it'll be for 10k and/or for a period of 6 months.

Also the Honda dealers ahve been advising to bring in teh car for service every 3 months? is that want of business or the need of the car?
Old 10th December 2012, 18:07   #2098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post

Guys - i am due for my first paid service - and the car has already done 11k kms. Do you people advice going in for the synthetic oil now or should it be further delayed?
Also whats the oil change period for Synthetic. I had gone for Mobile in Alto and that was supposed to last 20k kms. THe regular one is for 5k i believe. However the Honda SA didnt provide me with a good response. He was saying that it'll be for 10k and/or for a period of 6 months.

Also the Honda dealers ahve been advising to bring in teh car for service every 3 months? is that want of business or the need of the car?
I would suggest you to stick with mineral for some more time. Plus i feel that the Indian driving scene needs a 6 months service schedule. So if you stick with mineral, you can get it changed every six months plus your car gets a tuning and a good wash which is really needed after six months of driving in dirty conditions.

As far as the three months servicing deal is considered, Honda has mentioned in their manuals about visual inspection of certain components like fuel system,fluids,boots,etc every three months. So Honda dealers are not wrong at saying this to you. Now it is upto you. What i would suggest is, tell them not to service ie. wash the car, just tell them to inspect it as per what is there in the manual. This will save you some money plus you can be assured of the performance of your car.(I don't think it is necessary to take it in every three months)
smarth.katyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2012, 20:08   #2099
akp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
Going every three months for servicing is an overkill unless you drive around extensively so that mileage is high. What I gathered from some other threads is that in order that the warranty remains valid, gap between successive services should not exceed six months - that is exactly what I do now - it is just-short-of-six-months or 5000 km whichever is earlier for me.
akp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2012, 00:42   #2100

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar_j View Post
Hello Guys! Thanks for all the information you provided in this thread. I finalized and finally got my Honda Jazz X Tafetta White on 06-Dec-2012. I bought it from the Deccan Honda (Pimpri-Chinchwad), Pune dealer. Although I was told that there will be minimum 1 month waiting period, I was allocated the car within 4 days after daily follow up. Total time taken, including SBI loan processing is 10 days.

X variant cost Rs. 7,69,869 on road. The only accessories I fitted are Seat Covers and Reverse Parking Sensors.
Hey guys. Any idea what the wait period is like in chennai. I am planning on buying a jazz x and read in this thread that the wait period could be something near 3 to 4 months. Also one of my friends cautioned me against going for a jazz as Honda had stopped production. Is that true?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks