Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2011, 18:08   #1201
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

I think it is probably dealer-wise as there seem to be conflicting stories. A 'popular' dealer may have exceeded the bookings while an 'unpopular' one may yet have some 'room' left to accept a booking.
Old 24th October 2011, 11:20   #1202
BHPian

Update from my dealer Dakshin Honda, apparently Honda has stopped production of the Jazz and have advised dealers to contact customers to provide them a full refund of the booking amount if they don't wish to wait longer for the already long waiting period.

Last edited by xstream_nos : 24th October 2011 at 11:30.
Old 24th October 2011, 11:26   #1203
Distinguished - BHPian

Just got a call from my dealer Shubh Honda saying they are bumping the delivery date of my Jazz to 27th December because of supply issues.

Jazz production has been temporarily halted for no particular reason (maybe because of the City facelift's production after it's November 19 launch?) and they have closed bookings of the Jazz as of now.

I told them that if they don't honor the delivery date deadline they better be ready to cancel my booking. The ASM stammered some profuse apologies and said they would do their best to get me my Jazz by 27/12.

So much for imaginative dreams and shattering reality.
Old 24th October 2011, 11:27   #1204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstream_nos View Post
Update from my dealer Dakshin Honda, apparently Honda has stopped production of the Jazz and have advised dealers to contact customers to provide them a full refund of the booking amount if they don't wish to wait longer for he already long waiting period.
Probably because of Thailand floods? Seems the only answer. And most likely the gearbox, since engine is same on Brio. All other components could probably be ramped up locally in 6 months or less. Till alternate sources for the Thai made parts are found, I guess Honda will concentrate on Brio.
Old 24th October 2011, 12:50   #1205
Senior - BHPian

It's a sad lose-lose scenario for Honda w.r.t. the Jazz - "When it was available, no one wanted it. And when people want it, it is not available".
Old 24th October 2011, 13:07   #1206
Senior - BHPian

True, sometimes one simply does not understand the 'corporate' mentality of some of these companies. Excellent engineering, great product, very bad pricing. Now good pricing but still bad decisions. Maruti saw the dieselisation of the Indian economy and see what they did with it. Similarly, if Honda had purchased appropriate diesel engine tech., they would have been selling huge volumes with huge profits in all their car models, be it CRV, Accord, Civic or even Jazz.

VW has also seen this and is playing on customer perception of 'solid' cars, which is clearly working.

Now Honda will remain niche players in spite of great engineering, service, etc.
Old 24th October 2011, 13:41   #1207
BHPian

Update: went to the dealer today, was told jazz production is halted and those who have booked in aug can expect delivery only in Feb. delay is due to the shortage of parts from Thailand. spoke to the sales exec, offered Rs.97,000/- off if i went for the city SMT! onroard price came to 9lcs! tempting deal!
Old 24th October 2011, 13:46   #1208
BHPian

These delays are frustrating indeed, but whats more frustrating is the lack of any solid information from Honda about this.

We all have read and know about the Japan Tsunami and now the thailand flood affecting Honda parts supply, but its about time Honda came up with a statement for the delays and clears up things about delivery.

Its crazy to be launching newer/revamped models without any commitment on delivery.

I am thinking of taking a refund of the amount paid, and taking delivery of a 2012 model now when available. Why let go of the interest component
Old 24th October 2011, 13:48   #1209
BHPian

Guys, I got a call from my dealer(Capital Honda) , saying the vehicle has been despatched.But the dealer is demanding the full payment. Is it safe to pay the amount before even looking at the vehicle?He is insisting that its the mode of their operation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Initital impressions on the Jazz:
1. The 1.2 iVtec is super refined. One can hardly hear or feel the engine running when its on idle.
2. The steering is super light at low speeds, however it does offer decent feedback with more speed which is good enough.
3. Space, oodles of space is something amazes everyone who checks out the car.
4. The front suspension has the typical 'thwack' sound of most of the Japanese cars. Something I need to get used to after being used to the Fords for a long time now!
5. The ICE is decent and it doesnt push for an upgrade soon.
6. I was unlucky to get the batch of Jazz which came with the MRFs. The tyres are crap. Period! I need an upgrade soon. Too noisy!
7. The average FE has been hovering around 13.7KMPL on the DTE for city B2B traffic. Good enough for me since my S has never got me more than 11KMPL in City conditions.
@anachronix ,Since You've dealt with the same dealer can you please throw some light how was the transaction carried out.
Old 24th October 2011, 15:25   #1210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
Guys, I got a call from my dealer(Capital Honda) , saying the vehicle has been despatched.But the dealer is demanding the full payment. Is it safe to pay the amount before even looking at the vehicle?He is insisting that its the mode of their operation.

@anachronix ,Since You've dealt with the same dealer can you please throw some light how was the transaction carried out.
I did the PDI before I paid up the full amount. Capital Honda's stockyard is right behind their showroom in airport road and the SE dint show much fuss in letting me do my PDI.

Try reaching Madhan from Capital Honda, he was helpful in the complete delivery process.
Old 24th October 2011, 15:33   #1211
BHPian

Finally got a TD of Jazz on weekend. This was with the old car. Was allowed only a really short TD - maybe 5 kms. While the sales guy was answering all qs etc, overall mood seemed to not be very encouraging to sell Jazz. Told us that delivery cannot be predicted, will be atleast 10 months. The price also will be as of the delivery date, so that also becomes an unknown.

While car is nice, thinking about it main advantage seems to be space. I dont need the leg/head space since we're all on the shorter side in family. Boot space is welcome but can't be a strong enough reason for picking this up, considering all of above. Planning to test drive both petrol/diesel swift also, let's see - i like Maruti's wider A.S.S. But even that has long waiting periods

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
It's a sad lose-lose scenario for Honda w.r.t. the Jazz - "When it was available, no one wanted it. And when people want it, it is not available".
Completely agree with this sentiment.
Old 24th October 2011, 15:42   #1212
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj123 View Post
Finally got a TD of Jazz on weekend. This was with the old car. Was allowed only a really short TD - maybe 5 kms. While the sales guy was answering all qs etc, overall mood seemed to not be very encouraging to sell Jazz. Told us that delivery cannot be predicted, will be atleast 10 months. The price also will be as of the delivery date, so that also becomes an unknown.
Checked with Honda dealer in Mumbai. Even he was in a same mood...not much excited about selling Jazz. He mentioned that currently they are not accepting any booking. Bookings might get re-opened some time in december (and again this is not been confirmed) and delivery could be sometime in April'12 (still 4 months of waiting - December to April)

Not sure what Honda is upto with Jazz production & sale.
Old 25th October 2011, 03:26   #1213
BHPian

Pictures of the flooded Thai Honda Plant
courtesy: Flood hits Honda’s Thai plant UPDATED - Tsikot Philippines 2011

Old 25th October 2011, 09:21   #1214
BHPian

I wish Honda a speedy good recovery! After a Tsunami back home and now this flood in Thailand, it must be hurting for them!
Old 25th October 2011, 09:30   #1215
BHPian

This year has been a disastrous one for most of the car makers including Honda and Suzuki and other Japanese car makers.

Hope it does not affect their future growth plans.

Last edited by ankurvirmani19 : 25th October 2011 at 09:31. Reason: HTML tags being displayed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks