Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2011, 22:27   #1081
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

I am getting my Jazz on Monday (3rd October). It's Jazz X, silver color. However, Whitefield Honda told me that the spoiler and front grill are not available in sufficient number and hence will be fitted after 15days.... They tell this after I am done with all payments. This was not really good on their part. Anyone else going for X MT, please check this point before you make the entire payment...

One more point: On Insurance, I went with Honda Assure. But did a bit of bargaining and got 2500 off on their quote... If you dont ask, you dont get it
raghu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2011, 22:53   #1082

Any guesses for the Jazz sales numbers for September? Guess before GTO publishes the Sep numbers.
Old 2nd October 2011, 09:18   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu View Post
Anyone else going for X MT, please check this point before you make the entire payment...

One more point: On Insurance, I went with Honda Assure. But did a bit of bargaining and got 2500 off on their quote... If you dont ask, you dont get it
congrats! when did u book the car ? well i too have booked the jazz xmt silver back in aug, but i will be getting mine only in december. the front grill and the spoiler does not come factory fitted, it will be fitted by the dealer, but 15 days for that, wow! Honda needs to step up production, really tired of the 3 to 4 months waiting period.
Old 2nd October 2011, 09:37   #1084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsadani View Post
Any guesses for the Jazz sales numbers for September? Guess before GTO publishes the Sep numbers.
The September sales comprised 596 units of hatchback Jazz...

Honda Siel Cars sales decline 38% in Sept - The Economic Times
Old 2nd October 2011, 10:42   #1085

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritzy View Post
The September sales comprised 596 units of hatchback Jazz...

Honda Siel Cars sales decline 38% in Sept - The Economic Times
The Jazz Sep sales numbers seem to be much on lower side given the excitement surrounding the new Jazz and the competitive pricing. Is it a demand side problem or a supply side one (Honda being able to produce only that much)?
Old 2nd October 2011, 12:56   #1086
BHPian

Quote:
Anybody getting delivery of Jazz in early October? It seems the waiting list is getting longer by the day.
i saw a new Jazz x on road yesterday, spoke to the owner, who said that he booked on Aug 21st. Saw another (new)Jazz X yesterday, which seemed at least a week old.
Old 2nd October 2011, 17:25   #1087
BHPian

Quote:
The Jazz Sep sales numbers seem to be much on lower side given the excitement surrounding the new Jazz and the competitive pricing. Is it a demand side problem or a supply side one (Honda being able to produce only that much)?
The problem is definitely on the supply front, Last time I checked there was a 3 month waiting period.
Old 2nd October 2011, 19:40   #1088
BHPian

Quote:
I think its more of supply side.
I booked mine on Sept 01, 2011 and the dealer told me mine was the 57th booking with him. Considering similar figs from the other dealer would itself make around 100+ bookings in Pune (between Aug20 and Sept 01)
Old 2nd October 2011, 22:13   #1089
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

I am also looking at changing my 7 year old Santro and have short listed i20 and Jazz. Looking at various reviews on the forums talking about Steering problems with i20, I am leaning towards Jazz. Thus today I visited three different Honda dealers in Mumbai – Apex Honda, Solitaire Honda and Linkways Honda. At all three dealership, I was given complete details of vehicle. Also got a chance to TD the vehicle at Apex and Linkways. However all dealerships mentioned about waiting period of 3-5 months for Jazz (Also learned that Apex has already stopped taking fresh bookings for Jazz)

One question though about booking amount for Jazz (or for that sake any car). At one of the dealership I was told that initial booking amount would be one lakh. Also they book vehicle with Honda only when final invoice is generated (Final invoice would be generated only when remaining amount is paid with them) and thus remaining amount has to be paid at the earliest (or else delivery time could get increased ). In short they make booking when complete amount is paid. Is this a normal practice? What is experience of other T-Bhpians?

Mods - If this is not appropriate post for this question, please move it to appropriate post.

Last edited by F1amit : 2nd October 2011 at 22:21.
Old 3rd October 2011, 10:18   #1090

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit View Post
One question though about booking amount for Jazz (or for that sake any car). At one of the dealership I was told that initial booking amount would be one lakh. Also they book vehicle with Honda only when final invoice is generated (Final invoice would be generated only when remaining amount is paid with them) and thus remaining amount has to be paid at the earliest (or else delivery time could get increased ). In short they make booking when complete amount is paid. Is this a normal practice? What is experience of other T-Bhpians?

I do think it is a fair practice on part of the dealer. You should be required to pay the balance amount when you take the delivery of the vehicle.
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:26   #1091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit View Post
I am also looking at changing my 7 year old Santro and have short listed i20 and Jazz. Looking at various reviews on the forums talking about Steering problems with i20, I am leaning towards Jazz. Thus today I visited three different Honda dealers in Mumbai – Apex Honda, Solitaire Honda and Linkways Honda. At all three dealership, I was given complete details of vehicle. Also got a chance to TD the vehicle at Apex and Linkways. However all dealerships mentioned about waiting period of 3-5 months for Jazz (Also learned that Apex has already stopped taking fresh bookings for Jazz)

Mods - If this is not appropriate post for this question, please move it to appropriate post.
He is totally trying to fleece you. Final amount should be paid once the car arrives with the dealer and you do the PDI and are satisfied with it.
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:32   #1092
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Thanks rsadani & ethanhunt123. When I heard about that, I also thought that I have been taken for a ride. Making a full payment for the car whos delivery time could not be confirm is rediculous.

Thus I had PM to Maverhick and sraye who had also made Jazz bookings in Mumbai. Thanks Maverhick & Sraye for promt reply.

Last edited by F1amit : 3rd October 2011 at 12:33.
Old 3rd October 2011, 15:06   #1093
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
The problem is definitely on the supply front, Last time I checked there was a 3 month waiting period.
One of my friend came back with a disappointed face by saying Jazz currently has 6 month waiting period. He is buying a Jazz Select.

waiting for the sales figures of September'11.
wildon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 15:48   #1094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstream_nos View Post
congrats! when did u book the car ? well i too have booked the jazz xmt silver back in aug, but i will be getting mine only in december. the front grill and the spoiler does not come factory fitted, it will be fitted by the dealer, but 15 days for that, wow! Honda needs to step up production, really tired of the 3 to 4 months waiting period.
Thanks. I booked the car on 22nd August.
Old 3rd October 2011, 17:05   #1095

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
I am unable to understand Honda's strategy here. First they drop the prices (obviously in a bid to jack up the volumes) and then when the demand does shoot up, the supply is still limiting the volumes. The volumes we saw in Sept are a pittance compared to volumes of the competitors. So in effect the price drop will not serve the purpose unless Honda works on the supply side.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks