Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2011, 13:37   #1126
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

One of my friends went to book the Brio and almost finalised the Jazz. However, with the indecision he left the showroom confused and is now planning to go in for a Punto instead.

While I am sure the diesel mill has influenced his decision, I also know that he would have booked the Brio that day if the Jazz wasnt at a slightly higher price. The Jazz is being removed from their display windows to avoid the confusion, but people know the revised prices.

Perhaps Honda should not have dropped the Jazz prices by that much in the first place.
Old 10th October 2011, 14:06   #1127
BHPian

You bet.

The pricing strategy indicates that Hinda expected volumes to come from the lower variant. Looks like the knowingly kept the higher variant price close to the Jazz so that the could entice/convince those customers to go for the Jazz.

Now that they are getting enquiries for Brio's higher variant ( and thus Jazz), they might be scratching their heads. Would be interesting to know the proportion of Brio's dealer inventory by variant.
Old 10th October 2011, 15:26   #1128
BHPian

Re-posting from another thread - I've booked a Jazz Select with Arya Honda, Prabhadevi last week. Quoted waiting period was 3 months. Spoke to the owner of Arya/Shaman (a friend, who booked the Jazz along with us is his neighbour), and he claims there are now supply-side (production) issues at Honda's plant. He is now mentioning an April delivery for the car. Will let us know when there is a clearer picture from Honda.
Old 10th October 2011, 15:54   #1129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andromeda View Post
You bet.

The pricing strategy indicates that Hinda expected volumes to come from the lower variant. Looks like the knowingly kept the higher variant price close to the Jazz so that the could entice/convince those customers to go for the Jazz.

Now that they are getting enquiries for Brio's higher variant ( and thus Jazz), they might be scratching their heads. Would be interesting to know the proportion of Brio's dealer inventory by variant.
Well, all these strategies are of no use as long as supply side issues persist. Selling 700 odd units of Jazz with a waiting of 6 months is the worst possible strategy in our market.
Old 10th October 2011, 16:19   #1130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit View Post
One question though about booking amount for Jazz (or for that sake any car). At one of the dealership I was told that initial booking amount would be one lakh. Also they book vehicle with Honda only when final invoice is generated (Final invoice would be generated only when remaining amount is paid with them) and thus remaining amount has to be paid at the earliest (or else delivery time could get increased ). In short they make booking when complete amount is paid. Is this a normal practice? What is experience of other T-Bhpians?

Normally companies like MSIL book a car for Rs.10000/- and one has to pay the balance amount at the time of delivery.

I think this is not a good thing Honda is doing, they are spreading lot of negativity in customers mind and should be discouraged.
Old 10th October 2011, 16:24   #1131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300
Well, all these strategies are of no use as long as supply side issues persist. Selling 700 odd units of Jazz with a waiting of 6 months is the worst possible strategy in our market.
Completely Agree :-)

Honda is trying to swim with their hands tied to the back (No diesel mill) !! Even with the most optimistic estimates, their local assembly consists of 4000 City's ( and falling due to petrol prices & competition) + 1000 Jazz + 1500 Brio

If Honda does not get volumes with the Brio, the writing is on the wall. They will need to under price all their petrol cars just to get them off the dealers lot. It's a chicken and egg story !! So they just do not want to increase production.
Old 10th October 2011, 17:17   #1132

My dealer told me that they have stopped taking fresh bookings for Jazz. Hope Honda works on the supply side to improve the supply. Otherwise in today's competitive market , I don't believe, there are many loyalists who will wait for 6 + months to buy a product. The competitors will be the gainers.
Sad to see such a good product getting hit first for highly unrealistic pricing and now for the supply issues.
Old 10th October 2011, 20:15   #1133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsadani View Post
My dealer told me that they have stopped taking fresh bookings for Jazz. Hope Honda works on the supply side to improve the supply. Otherwise in today's competitive market , I don't believe, there are many loyalists who will wait for 6 + months to buy a product. The competitors will be the gainers.
Sad to see such a good product getting hit first for highly unrealistic pricing and now for the supply issues.
I was also informed by the dealer at Indore that they have stopped taking bookings for Jazz. Not sure what is happening at Honda or is it that they are confused by the market ?
Old 10th October 2011, 23:43   #1134
BHPian

The dealers at Bangalore seem to be still taking bookings for Jazz. However, the Jazz display vehicle in Magnum Honda is no longer there. Not sure what's going on.

Planning to TD it this weekend, will confirm the booking/cancellation amounts.
Old 11th October 2011, 10:55   #1135
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19 View Post

Normally companies like MSIL book a car for Rs.10000/- and one has to pay the balance amount at the time of delivery.

I think this is not a good thing Honda is doing, they are spreading lot of negativity in customers mind and should be discouraged.
I don't think Honda should be blamed for booking amount. Its a perticular dealer in Mumbai who was asking for such a huge booking amount. I also had checked with couple of other dealers in Mumbai. One said they have stopped taking fresh bookings for Jazz. However other quoted booking amount of 50 K (which is still high compared to MSIL booking amount).

Looking at the current dispatch numbers from Honda (which couple of dealers mentioned as mere 15 -20 cars per month for said dealer), I am leaning towards wait and watch approach at least till November.

Last edited by F1amit : 11th October 2011 at 10:56.
Old 11th October 2011, 13:35   #1136

Hi Folks,
I had booked a Jazz Select on Aug 21st. I still have not received the car. I was promised delivery by 15th Oct (this is after 2 push outs). Now the SA is saying he cant confirm...:P...seems like honda is facing major issues...
Old 11th October 2011, 13:46   #1137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Hi Folks,
I had booked a Jazz Select on Aug 21st. I still have not received the car. I was promised delivery by 15th Oct (this is after 2 push outs). Now the SA is saying he cant confirm...:P...seems like honda is facing major issues...
Hi Redeemer,

Which dealer was this ?

So, what are the sales team saying now ... that you should just wait ? Are they offering something (maybe some free accessories) as compensation ?

Looks like the car booking process now also needs to incorporate penalty clauses for delay, like when booking an apartment
Old 11th October 2011, 14:55   #1138
BHPian

Just got from AutocarIndia tweet that Honda will be increasing the production of Jazz to 1000 units a month from November. Hopefully that should bring down the waiting periods being quoted currently.
Old 11th October 2011, 15:55   #1139

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj123 View Post
Hi Redeemer,

Which dealer was this ?

So, what are the sales team saying now ... that you should just wait ? Are they offering something (maybe some free accessories) as compensation ?

Looks like the car booking process now also needs to incorporate penalty clauses for delay, like when booking an apartment
This is Magnum Honda in Blr. The booking amnt was 1 lac, so they should be giving me the interest amount. SA says he will get me the delivery soon but does not commit to any particular date.
Not sure if I should wait until 15th or start asking for compensation now.

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th October 2011 at 17:40. Reason: Dotty post, please use proper punctuation instead of typing like this... Thanks.
Old 11th October 2011, 16:41   #1140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Just got from AutocarIndia tweet that Honda will be increasing the production of Jazz to 1000 units a month from November. Hopefully that should bring down the waiting periods being quoted currently.
This is good news.

The price slash has surely set the sales charts soaring for Jazz. Heard from a friend 2 weeks back that he has been quoted a waiting of over 4 months , the rise is production would hopefully help bring down the gap.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks