Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2011, 10:34   #1156

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
Ah that clarifies the reason for the slow production of Jazz and also ties up neatly with the earlier report of production increase to 1000 cars by november.

backlog of 3000 cars! now thats good news for Honda. thats almost as many cars are honda previously sold in the entire year. Once production starts in full swing i can expect waiting periods of under one month.
This probabaly is the first official acknowledgement of the supply issues from Honda. That should clear some speculations that we have been having.
I guess in addition to these 3000, there must be quite a few who would have booked had the wait time been not so long. 1000 cars a month is inadequate production for the prospective demand Jazz could have.
Old 13th October 2011, 11:46   #1157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108
As such I do not mind. I any case wanted the car by end-Jan/Feb 2012 so it is a new year model. Since the waiting period is long, I booked now, otherwise was going to book by December only. Since Honda is currently delivering September 2011 cars for Jazz, I think I will get a 2012 mfd. Jazz by end Jan.

In fact I have told the dealer that I will wait for allotment of 2012 Jazz only. For 2-3 weeks does not make sense taking previous year's car.
Will there be a significant difference in prices between a Dec 2011 car and a Jan 2012 one? If that's indeed the case (I'm not sure about this) then a lot more people may opt out of Dec deliveries pushingup others in the queue who don't mind a Dec model car.
Old 13th October 2011, 20:47   #1158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod332002 View Post
Will there be a significant difference in prices between a Dec 2011 car and a Jan 2012 one? If that's indeed the case (I'm not sure about this) then a lot more people may opt out of Dec deliveries pushingup others in the queue who don't mind a Dec model car.
Vinod, I think sandeep meant this from perspective of registration/manufacturing date. In general, people don't prefer to Buy cars in Dec, as buying in Jan indicates it is of next year and likely helps with resale value.

I don't think he meant there will be a price delta between Dec/Jan - however, dealers may give discounts to push car sales in Dec. I doubt that would happen for Jazz though, given the waiting periods etc.
Old 13th October 2011, 21:02   #1159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj123

Vinod, I think sandeep meant this from perspective of registration/manufacturing date. In general, people don't prefer to Buy cars in Dec, as buying in Jan indicates it is of next year and likely helps with resale value.

I don't think he meant there will be a price delta between Dec/Jan - however, dealers may give discounts to push car sales in Dec. I doubt that would happen for Jazz though, given the waiting periods etc.
Oh you got me wrong about "prices" I meant the resale prices. Perhaps not the best word choice by me. However, your reply answers my worry about resale value so cheers.

I'm in 2 minds now whether I should take delivery in Dec (if offered considering the production increase from November).
Old 13th October 2011, 23:32   #1160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod332002 View Post
Oh you got me wrong about "prices" I meant the resale prices. Perhaps not the best word choice by me. However, your reply answers my worry about resale value so cheers.

I'm in 2 minds now whether I should take delivery in Dec (if offered considering the production increase from November).
Oops, i assumed u meant car sale price.

My thoughts on the 'resale price' and taking delivery in Dec:

1. Would like to know if the value is perceived to be lower for cars registered in Dec, or cars that are manufactured in Dec (and could be registered next year) ?

2. Personally, if i like a car, want to keep it for a long time. That's why i still have the Corsa. To me, the car feels maybe 80% as good as new, while the market says closer to 0%

3. I don't think Jazz is anyway going to have great resale value, due to multiple reasons:
a. It wasn't a sales success story, which is a huge factor in resale value.
b. I feel the price cuts in Jazz/City have dented Honda's "premium" kind of image and resale values are bound to suffer.
c. It's a petrol car.

Of course the above factors could change - Jazz may become a hot-seller or delta between petrol/diesel may reduce, and suddenly resale values look better. Who can predict what will be situation few years down the line ...

All in all, personally i wouldn't think too much about the resale value, and would not hesitate to pick up a car in Dec. All i need to do now is decide what i'm buying, and book one .

What's your thought process on the resale value ? When did you book your Jazz, and what was the promised delivery date ?
Old 14th October 2011, 13:55   #1161
Senior - BHPian

Maybe it is just a perception. I also keep my cars for quite some time so generally always extensively test out the car. It is a major perception, the year of the car. See all the resale ads - they talk of year. So today 2006 model will have 5-10% lower resale than a 2007 year model. Condition tends to become secondary. My old Swift is a December car and for sure I feel the offers I have got indicate a lower re-sale value than if I had waited 2-3 weeks at that time. First question is which year model is it.

If I was getting the car today, I may not bother much, but if December, then yes.

I also am quite sure Honda will increase prices in January 2012. So either way things will even out. Since I am not in a hurry, I am choosing to wait.

Last edited by sandeep108 : 14th October 2011 at 13:57.
Old 14th October 2011, 15:18   #1162
BHPian

I went to Whitefiled Honda yesterday in Bangalore, they told me a waiting period of 9 months for the Jazz . They tried to somehow sell the Brio by claiming it to be equally good and also lying on the face about the boot space of Brio being 250 liters. I had made up my mind for the Jazz but 9 months is just too much of a wait to get your car.
Old 14th October 2011, 16:57   #1163
Senior - BHPian

Find another dealer. Prominent dealer in Mumbai is now saying waiting period is only 3 months. Honda is increasing deliveries of new cars by end-October/November. So backlog will be cleared by January 2012. But yes, they do wish to push Brio - higher localisation = higher margins = higher dealer commission.
Old 14th October 2011, 17:32   #1164
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Just now I got a call from one of the dealers in Mumbai and he informed me that Jazz production has come to standstill because of floods in Thialand (not sure how authentic this news is but if true, this means waiting period would get further increased). He said he could not confirm on delivery timelines now (I have not booked the car but went to show room couple of weeks back for enquiry).
Next he tried selling Honda City by claiming there would be difference of couple of thousands in EMI for Jazz and City. City is equally good as Jazz and what I would get is more powerful engine and boot space.

Now I am confused. All of my family has liked Jazz. Thus I hope message I got from dealer today is not true. Or else I will have to look for another car as waiting this much for Jazz is too difficult.

Last edited by F1amit : 14th October 2011 at 17:54.
Old 14th October 2011, 18:18   #1165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit View Post
Just now I got a call from one of the dealers in Mumbai and he informed me that Jazz production has come to standstill because of floods in Thialand (not sure how authentic this news is but if true, this means waiting period would get further increased).
You can refer to the link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ect-india.html for details.

In this same link saw a comment indicating that Thai made parts form 10-20% of the parts imported to India , if that is true it should not have a huge impact in the production. However with the price slash , the waiting period has gone up considerably for the Jazz which is likely to sustain till there is a ramp up in production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit View Post
Now I am confused. All of my family has liked Jazz. Thus I hope message I got from dealer today is not true. Or else I will have to look for another car as waiting this much for Jazz is too difficult.
Jazz no doubt is a nice car. You could wait for a few days and also check with the other Honda dealer in your city to check the status so that you can gauge the situation.
Old 15th October 2011, 13:08   #1166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSD View Post
You can refer to the link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ect-india.html for details.

In this same link saw a comment indicating that Thai made parts form 10-20% of the parts imported to India , if that is true it should not have a huge impact in the production. However with the price slash , the waiting period has gone up considerably for the Jazz which is likely to sustain till there is a ramp up in production.

Jazz no doubt is a nice car. You could wait for a few days and also check with the other Honda dealer in your city to check the status so that you can gauge the situation.

I got a similar message from my dealer today.
Yes, he too mentioned "sunami" in thailand and 20% of the cars spares come from there, therefore he wont be able to deliver it by diwali as earlier promised. Nor is he able to commit by when he will be in a position to get the car.
I am totally confused. Cancel booking? or wait and pray?
Old 15th October 2011, 19:21   #1167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak1201 View Post
I got a similar message from my dealer today.
Yes, he too mentioned "sunami" in thailand and 20% of the cars spares come from there, therefore he wont be able to deliver it by diwali as earlier promised. Nor is he able to commit by when he will be in a position to get the car.
Was supposed to have a TD today, didn't happen. As it is the dealers don't have the new Jazz for TD or display, and looks like they are struggling between keeping the older one in showroom for customer visits or sending it for TD

Dealer told me that waiting period is 6-7 months now, and mentioned Thailand floods as reason. Also mentioned that Jazz demand was far more than what Honda expected and so they hadn't ramped up production after price cuts.

The only silver lining in the dark cloud - i was told that booking amount is 21K, and cancellation is 2500/-.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak1201 View Post
I am totally confused. Cancel booking? or wait and pray?
Yup, I too am totally confused - i think will go and try out both i10 and i20, and maybe TD Ritz again. I liked Ritz overall, but the clutch position was a problem so we had sort of rejected it. i20 i never considered due to steering rattle issues, maybe will check with some friends on how serious it really is. Or maybe, all these are just transient problems for Jazz (bad Karma or curses from earlier owners ), and waiting for couple of months will streamline the problems Honda is facing.
Old 15th October 2011, 21:42   #1168
BHPian

I called up capital honda today,now the delivery date seems to be pushed to november.I'am tired of waiting,on inquiring about cancellation ASM told me that the cancellation charge would be Rs 2500/-.Folks can you let me know if this is normal practice to charge cancellation amount especially for jazz booking or are the dealers making use of high demand? i was not told about this cancellation charge when i did the booking.
Old 16th October 2011, 07:51   #1169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall-e
I called up capital honda today,now the delivery date seems to be pushed to november.I'am tired of waiting,on inquiring about cancellation ASM told me that the cancellation charge would be Rs 2500/-.Folks can you let me know if this is normal practice to charge cancellation amount especially for jazz booking or are the dealers making use of high demand? i was not told about this cancellation charge when i did the booking.
Fire the pants off dealer for charging an amount for cancellation. Ask him if he is willing to pay interest incurred to all those who booked jazz? This is a new popular scam and new low dealers go to earn few bucks by fooling customers. Go to showroom and sternly demand explanation for cancellation charges. Mention same to honda too.
Old 16th October 2011, 10:35   #1170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
I had paid 50k booking amount. But my dealer has agreed to pay back entire amount without cancellation charges as the problem is at their end and they couldnt honour delivery.
I am confused.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks