Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2009, 11:53   #466
Senior - BHPian

Since its launch I have seen only 2 Jazzs on the road. Both were showroom cars meant for delivery. However, I have already seen close to6-6 "registered" Punto.
Old 19th June 2009, 12:12   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Yeah, I was thinking about the same thing yesterday. From a starting price of 7.4L for NHC, the jumped straight to 9L for the ANHC. Which made them position the Jazz at the space vacated by NHC.

Yeah. And now there is decent gap between Civic and Accord/CRV. So we can expect the new Civic, upgraded (Type R ?),diesel to be priced between 15-17 lacs.

And how about a "competition" to Nano/M800 with a Honda "mini Jazz" at about 5 lacs?! Does anybody want to guess it's specs...? Scooter tyres, "fully manual a/c" with four large adjustable vents (windows), magic "disappearing" (removable) seats, optional head lamps and horn which sounds "hooooonda"? I am sure still it will be "reeking" with quality material and an 800 cc "jvtec" engine which gives 80 bhp at 9000rpm!

Last edited by appuchan : 19th June 2009 at 12:14.
Old 19th June 2009, 12:53   #468
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

What's all this fuss about Jazz? Not a looker, not a goer, not a diesel and yet priced at 7 lakhs. Honda is expecting people to pay for the "H" badge like they always did but this time Honda have shot themselves in the foot. Just as there is no market for estate cars in India, there is no market for premium hatches in India, "H" badge or no "H" badge. Period. Also, when stunning looking hatches like Swift, Vista and Punto are available which look lot better, cost lot cheaper and run on diesel, it just doesn't make sense to buy Jazz. And with price difference between Jazz and City being small, it's better to buy a City. So we will pretty soon have Jazz joining the league of Fusion, Fabia and Getz as soon as the newness of Jazz wears off.

Last edited by pgsagar : 19th June 2009 at 12:57.
Old 19th June 2009, 13:17   #469
BHPian

My take on the Jazz:

I test drove the jazz 3 days back. There is nothing phenomenal about the car which justifies the absurd pricing - the handling was average, the ride was average, and the (less) pickup will leave you downshifting frequently to get past the usual highway traffic..

My question to the sales guy regarding the high price were answered back with the usual - high resale value, quality, reliability, magic seats etc.

I asked regarding the skimping on basic features like alloy wheels and ACC for a car at this price. No answer from the salesman.

Overall, extremely, extremely disappointed. Disgusted even. This is the car I had waited for - for more than 1 and a half years. Its not that I can't pay for this car - its just that looking at this price-features-performance matrix - I DON'T WANT TO.

I seriously don't see the need for magic seats. That's one thing where Honda shouldn't have bothered for the Indian market.

Give me a 1.2L i-VTEC Jazz without the "expensive" titanium cloth, without those overhyped magic seats (sliding rear seats would've rocked instead), without the stereo and steering-mounted controls, without the electrically adjusting mirrors even. Just give me my Airbags and ABS, and the awesome interior space preposition. And give it to me for less than 5.8-6 lacs ex-showroom (Delhi).

That's a winner in my books - the Jazz E version.

In the meantime, I refuse to answer my Honda salesman's calls!
Old 19th June 2009, 13:33   #470
Senior - BHPian

Honda got the whole concept wrong for the Jazz.

First they provide magic seats on such a small car. Now the only people who would want this are those who dont own a bigger car as an option. But if Honda expects these people to pay big car price for the Jazz, why would they choose the Jazz over a bigger car?

Ofcourse, the Jazz could still sell in numbers, but they could have doubled it with lower priced variants (like the "JAZZ E" reppy mentioned).

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 19th June 2009 at 13:36.
Old 19th June 2009, 14:32   #471
BHPian

Ok now i just want to know whether this is true or my friend is pulling a fast one on me. He test drove the Jazz this morning and enquired about changing to alloys, so the showroom guy at Arya at Prabhadevi told him that after market alloy fitment on any Honda car voids the warranty and you have to buy from Honda and it was a freaky 8,900/each rim for the plain regular 15" for the Jazz? Is this right? Please correct me.
Old 19th June 2009, 14:56   #472
Senior - BHPian

8,900 per rim ? That might be a communication error or something. But with the 'H' badge, you never know.
Old 19th June 2009, 15:09   #473
BHPian

I think that alloys price is correct.
For ANHC its 45k for a set of 4 or 5 alloys!
Old 19th June 2009, 15:28   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
8,900 per rim ? That might be a communication error or something. But with the 'H' badge, you never know.
Looks to be true. ANHC alloy was 1280 per piece when I enquired sometime in February.
Old 19th June 2009, 15:33   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
8,900 per rim ? But with the 'H' badge, you never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Then its true, thank God i thought he was fooling me! But is it true your warranty gets void? That's monopoly if they want you to buy it from them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Looks to be true. ANHC alloy was 1280 per piece when I enquired sometime in February.
Did you miss a '0'?
Old 19th June 2009, 15:42   #476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post

Did you miss a '0'?
Thanks for correcting, it is 12800/-
Old 19th June 2009, 15:43   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is this a typo here ? Should be more like 12800.
If it were Maruti and 12" then it would be 1280.

EDIT: Original post has been corrected. I agree here, people are not mentally prepared to type 5 figure/rim prices.
Or rather they are not used to.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 19th June 2009 at 15:45.
Old 19th June 2009, 16:40   #478
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Yes, 35K for Jazz Alloys seem to be correct. Isn't that quite a reasonable price as they'll be reliable with stamped Quality
Old 19th June 2009, 16:50   #479
BHPian

Someone once said - "The height of one's achievement is equal to the depth of one's conviction". In this case, one can safely say that the depth of Jazz's grave will be equal to capacity of Punto's production.
Old 19th June 2009, 17:00   #480
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Then its true, thank God i thought he was fooling me! But is it true your warranty gets void? That's monopoly if they want you to buy it from them?
Yes, I heard somehere that warranty gets void if you go for after mkt alloys in Honda else how will people value that Quality stamp & H Badge & pay premium for it? On 2nd point of monopoly - well, its a way of life for everything that the Honda does.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks