Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2009, 20:11   #106
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post
I dont think it is a good value for money proposition when compared to the i20. The Hyundai offers far too many features that make the Jazz look spartan.
You can say that again. The price really took me back, I knew it was going to be premium but - worst case scenario - expected 6.2ish ex-showroom Delhi. All of us consider the i20 to be overpriced. But with the equipment that it offers, I'd say the i20 is absolute VFM in comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhrozenFire View Post
BTW what is that 'Honda Bolero' doing there?!
That's a Team-BHP scoop! Remember, you saw it here first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
As you have driven both Ritz and Jazz, can you give a small description of how each one feels in engine performance department ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
How is the engine response compared to Ritz and i20? Which do you feel is the best driver's car and a highway cruiser? That would be interesting to know?
Even after driving a 7 lakh 1.2 liter Jazz, I still think that the Ritz 1.2 is fabulous. Believe me, it's an equal. The Ritz has superior driveability than the Jazz and, thanks to the lighter weight, feels peppier over a 100 too. I never thought that Maruti would manage to match Honda in petrol engines. But with the 1.2's, they sure have. Be it in refinement, FE or even power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
Didn't expect them to skimp on the rubber beadings, etc.
They haven't. I posted that the rubber is of very high quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
Was this review arranged by Honda themselves ?
Yes, it was a Honda press-drive event in Goa.
Old 10th June 2009, 20:20   #107
BHPian

This is fantastic car review writing GTO, I hope editorial teams of all auto magazines can take a few leafs out of Team-BHP style of auto review!

On the sadder note, I am thoroughly disappointed to see the value/price equation for Jazz. It was an aspirational car for me till a few months ago. Now that it is overpriced, i20 is underpowered (for my taste), all my hopes are pinned with Grand Punto. Fiat, please do not disappoint!

GTO, I am looking forward to 'your' review of Grand Punto on 17th (In case you have already reviewed it but have kept it embargoed until 17, you could PM me with your one word verdict )
greenh0rn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2009, 20:20   #108
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
I am actually starting to like the MPV'ish shape, Honda's mini Innova
Told ya she's wearing an MPV like profile. I agree : She does look like a mini-Innova in some ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
I think polo/GP are superior options to Honda and they have diesel options as well.
Considering how competitively Fiat priced the Linea, I hope the GP is a VFM deal. Fiat better do things right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueLLeR View Post
Did you mean Jazz' or is it just me?

Cheers!
DueLLeR
Hey, what I meant to say is that it is the Honda City's steering wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
i am not sure magic seats are that awesome a feature. Sure its nifty and easy, but then how often are you gonna fold seats up and down ?
I would call it a nice to have vs a class separating feature
Valid point.
Old 10th June 2009, 20:21   #109
BHPian

Honda Jazz...No

Here is my take on Honda Jazz specs & pricing -

Should have named as Honda 'Blues'. Thats more appropriate.

Enough said.

Cheers!

PS:
Review was comprehensive, thanks GTO.
Old 10th June 2009, 20:28   #110
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejeen View Post
One question I still have is - what is the top speed of Jazz?
Should be about 150 - 160, but will take a long time to get there. As mentioned in my review, this car is best below 120.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
Was waiting for this review to decide between I20 and Jazz.
I know it's for your folks so will comment : Please consider the Vista. No hatch beats it in terms of rear seat comfort & ride quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Boot space and the magic seats seem to be good. But 10 cup holders? What do you think Honda, we're Americans ? :P
Classic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
60:40 split seats have been there for eon's.. the only thing special abt the magic seats in the way the seat base folds up. Proves again how easily we give in to marketing speak/hype.
Actually, have a look at them in person. The execution is an engineers delight. One hand operation, the way the seats fold up, your can slide them down even if the front seat is slid max, there's even a storage box below the rear seat. It's worth a watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Instead of the 1.2L engine, they could have put a 1.4L engine and price it at 7.2L.
If the Jazz had a 1.4 & top-line equipment levels (think i20ish), I'd say it is VFM. But the current pricing is simply too high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
@gto.... I think this cupholder keeping the drink cool idea is rubbish.
Kept my Pepsi cool on a long drive. I liked.

Quote:
btw, I found the rear seats a bit hard, was this your view as well ? I thought the cushioning was lower than usual to allow for the "magic" in them....except that the magic has reached India 7 years later.
Cushioning & seats are definitely on the lower side (as highlit in my review).
Old 10th June 2009, 20:36   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Now what about ANHC buyers who have just bought ANHC without those some Bells & Whistles features/ equipments? Won't they feel duped? I mean what is Honda thinking giving better interiors, better bells & whistle features, & may be fog lamps in top model (if I'm not wrong) in Jazz as compared to ANHC?
Look where it has come too... we are discussing fog lamps in cars costing more than 7.5 lakh rupees.... Honda VFM magic!

Last edited by extreme_torque : 10th June 2009 at 20:47.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2009, 20:38   #112
Team-BHP Support

Excellent review GTO!

We were actually looking at this car as a second car to Crv, BUT price is a real shocker and dont think we would want to spend so much on a hatch. Anything above 6-6.5 OTR doesnt make sense for this car with less cc's, unless it sport 2 turbo's in it.

Thank you Honda but nope!
Old 10th June 2009, 20:41   #113
Senior - BHPian

Great review with all the valid observations ! Read in many posts that there is a Punto review coming up ! When can we expect that ? I have disposed my wagonR, now tossed between i20, Punto and probably Jazz (if budget over-stretched). Really wish if Polo was out in June itself !!
Old 10th June 2009, 20:43   #114
Senior - BHPian

Did Honda say what are the production targets and what sales they are expecting?

Also did they provide any technical gyan on the engine. As in how they created this unique for India engine?
Old 10th June 2009, 20:44   #115

Very helpful review guys . appreciate it .

i was just about to go in for the Fiesta S...i love driving!!...but was a little unsure with the size factor for heavy traffic conditions . Can someone tell me whether this one gives a smaller more comfy easy-in-traffic feel or looking at the pictures is as big & bulky ??
Old 10th June 2009, 20:46   #116
Senior - BHPian

That is one awesome review!!

The car is awesome too, its market might be jeopardized by its pricing though!!

Old 10th June 2009, 20:50   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
As in how they created this unique for India engine?
^+1 Yeah, even I want to know what extra feathers does this engine wear in its cap, except the 89 BHP figure.
Old 10th June 2009, 21:02   #118
BHPian

just saw the honda jazz ad on mtv - the car looks good on screen, and their slogan is "why so serious"
Looks like they weren't so serious about selling the car and hence skimped on goodies and priced it so high
jassi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2009, 21:08   #119
BHPian

Good Review

That's a nice, crisp and unbiased review there, GTO. Your balance of text and pictures is just fine. Keep up the good work !

Another nice car from Honda - lets watch whether their brand magnet overcomes that rather ridiculous price.
Old 10th June 2009, 21:15   #120
Senior - BHPian

Hmm.

"Why so serious?"

That's The Dark Knight's tagline. Maybe it's not trademarked here. If they used it anywhere abroad, Honda would drown in lawsuits.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks