Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2011, 15:00   #901
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

^ Can we expect an ownership review soon?
Old 28th April 2011, 15:19   #902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
^ Can we expect an ownership review soon?
Yes sir, most certainly! I have to get off my lazy horse and transfer some pics. However, it will only be after we return from this long weekend, and Nashik it is!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ng-summer.html
Old 29th April 2011, 13:51   #903
BHPian

AC cooling

Guys,

I am baby sitting my cousin's Jazz for a couple of months and I took it out for the first time today for my office commute. I found that cooling at fan speed 1 is not good at all, 30 minutes into my drive, one part of my body was at normal temperature and the other side (right side) was feeling cool.

What has been your experience? This car does not have any sun control film on the windows.

Should I get it checked at HASS, since I saw the GTO had mentioned the aircon to be a chiller.

thanks.
Old 29th April 2011, 14:23   #904
Senior - BHPian

Re: AC cooling

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Guys,

I am baby sitting my cousin's Jazz for a couple of months and I took it out for the first time today for my office commute. I found that cooling at fan speed 1 is not good at all, 30 minutes into my drive, one part of my body was at normal temperature and the other side (right side) was feeling cool.

What has been your experience? This car does not have any sun control film on the windows.

Should I get it checked at HASS, since I saw the GTO had mentioned the aircon to be a chiller.

thanks.
The aircon is a chiller according my experience in the Hyderabad summer. But I do have sun films all around my car. So can't comment how the cooling without sun films but should be very good. Kindly get it checked.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2011, 14:34   #905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
The aircon is a chiller according my experience in the Hyderabad summer. But I do have sun films all around my car. So can't comment how the cooling without sun films but should be very good. Kindly get it checked.
Thanks adimicra for the quick reply, can I take it that even at fan speed 1 it should cool the entire cabin well ?
Old 29th April 2011, 17:47   #906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Guys,

thanks.
Initially I had my doubts about cooling of the car. Now all my doubts are dispensed with. In the summer heat of Ahmedabad, AC is working quite well. Even after leaving the car in direct Sun, the cabin cools itself very well in no time. I had 3M sun film installed and I use 2nd point in fan speed.
Old 1st May 2011, 13:44   #907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Initially I had my doubts about cooling of the car. Now all my doubts are dispensed with. In the summer heat of Ahmedabad, AC is working quite well. Even after leaving the car in direct Sun, the cabin cools itself very well in no time. I had 3M sun film installed and I use 2nd point in fan speed.
Agree with Rutvij.
As far as I can recall, all the 3 Honda's that we own/have owned have excellent A/C's. The Ahmedabad heat can take a toll on your body, but inside the cabin of the Jazz, with the 2nd point fan speed, it doesn't take more than 3-5 minutes before you experience the chill And yes, I have 3M sun film installed too.
Old 3rd May 2011, 13:52   #908
Senior - BHPian

In my experience, fan speed 2 is OK. Never tried to chill the cabin at speed 1. Someone had told me that if the car has been standing in the sun it is advisable to open the windows and get some fresh air in rather than recirculating with the fan/ AC directly.
I am not sure what the health/ medical reasons are but I guess it must be something to do with the quality of the air.
Old 3rd May 2011, 14:50   #909
Senior - BHPian

To face the heat in Ahmedabad this is what I do.
Use a green cloth cover to just cover the glass area.
Wash the radiator fins with Forced water. This has always helped.
Open all the glasses, start the engine, let the engine warm, switch on the a/c and run the car for 5 mins before closing the windows.
Keeping a window half-inch open towards the shaded area also helps when parked.
I have heard that using ice cool sun films help but am yet to experience it myself.

About whether to use recirculating air or fresh air. It is advisable to use fresh air regularly for 5-10 mins. THis helps keep the filter dry and clean of bacteria and viruses. It is ok to use recycling air for rest of the times as it chills faster and keeps the cabin cool easily.

While Honda Jazz has a nice a/c, I think Lancer and Sx4 has better circulation design. I cannot talk about the ANHC though due to inexperience.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 3rd May 2011 at 14:52.
Old 3rd May 2011, 14:53   #910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive
Someone had told me that if the car has been standing in the sun it is advisable to open the windows and get some fresh air in rather than recirculating with the fan/ AC directly. I am not sure what the health/ medical reasons are but I guess it must be something to do with the quality of the air.
That is done so as to expel the hot air inside the car, thus reducing the time taken to cool the insides. This is standard procedure advised for any car that has been left in the sun.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 3rd May 2011 at 14:54.
Old 4th May 2011, 18:01   #911
Senior - BHPian

Well, I have managed to do it within a week. On my way back from Nashik (in Sangamner town), a parked Indica that was backing up scraped across the left rear door of my Jazz. Possibly my fault as I was focussing on the oncoming traffic instead

There are two parallel 1 cm thick ugly scratches across the left side, extending an inch into the front left door and the left rear wheel arch. Honda *** has given me an estimate of 15K+ for the job. The guy at the *** recommended opting for insurance to cover this.
I have no idea if that amount is excessive or not, can someone advise if ok? If this can be done elsewhere in Pune, any idea where/ who..?
Old 5th May 2011, 00:35   #912
Senior - BHPian

If it is just the ugly scratches, I would suggest you save your money.

Usually you get value for metal body frame but the plastic cladding and electricals lose more than 70%. Plus you lose no claim bonus and your premium increases. Add to that the hassle of putting the car for repairs and submitting the documents.

All this to cover up two ugly scratches.
Old 5th May 2011, 11:11   #913
Senior - BHPian

I think the documentation and hassle is actually putting me off more. If this can be done somewhere outside reliably, it would probably be better. I will definitely consider leaving those two scratches as a reminder of the incident.

Some people have told me (superstitiously perhaps) that its better to have a small incident to get it out of the way than have a bigger dent later.
Old 5th May 2011, 12:17   #914
Senior - BHPian

^Sad to hear about this incident.
There is a Pune thread in the modifications or directory forum. Some body work shops names are mentioned in there (Star Body Works at Yervada Golf Course, Avanti at Wagholi, etc.)

Note: I don't recollect the names accurately.
Old 5th May 2011, 16:39   #915
Senior - BHPian

What number of Jazz Select owners - a 2010 model and above, got a company fitted boot lamp in their cars? This is an open question, as I managed to see 3 Jazz's with boot lamps and 3 without them. And I have been wondering why is the case so?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks