Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2011, 06:57   #61
BHPian

Re: 18 month ownership report – Hyundai i10 Sportz Auto at 16,000 Km

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
Greetings to everyone!

@Murugan – I was about to put up an update anyway so really glad you posted on the thread
[*]Braking: This is the one area the i10 really could do with a lot of improvement. The brakes need to be more responsive and the braking more even. Very shortly I will be changing them and am looking hard to find good alternatives. Having said that, there are no issues in stopping, etc. It is just not up to my liking.
[*]Philips Xtreme power is a must to put in and that has changed the way the road looks after dark. This is an absolute necessity. The stock headlights are the worst in class. Our family A Star had better lights before we put in Xtreme power into it.

The ease of driving this vis-à-vis the Polo cannot even be compared. The i10 A/T is just so easy, comfortable and stress free to drive that sometimes I wish they had planted the DSG transmission into the Polo. I would have gladly bought it without thinking.
Thanks for the useful update.

Would buying the version with ABS help?

Is 'Philips Xtreme power' approved by Hyundai? Cost? Any changes to circuits etc required?

DSG transmission - Oh, how I wish the Polo 1.6 or Fabia 1.6 came with this. Was enormously thrilled driving the Laura DSG - size constraints in city driving and parking prevent me from buying it. A compact hot hatch with a DSG - I am game to plonk my money on it anytime. Any takers for this if it comes into the market?
Old 17th June 2011, 16:03   #62
BHPian

Last Post on this topic

Folks,

I sold the car about a month back, just 3 weeks short of 2 years of owneratorsssship with about 22,000 on the odometer. Overall I was very satisfied with the ownership but decided it was time for a change to a good old stick shift. Yes, I have bought a new stick shift hatch as well and will soon start a thread for the same.

Dear Moderators - Please close this thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks