Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2009, 15:59   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
About the V Kool, no, I have no clue about how to test, I tend to trust the brand, and make sure I do not buy grey market. Remember too, I have used the films for over 5 years now.
Agreed, experience speaks for itself Its just that if at all if you have tested it, thought you might share that experience as well. Anyways, as you have rightly mentioned, instead of buying it in grey market and suffer the consequences, it is better to stick to the originals.
Old 15th July 2009, 04:38   #32
BHPian

Thanks Sawyer for a good review on i20's performance. Hope to hear more on FE aspect of the car after a good run and post pics when you have it handy.

- Vish
Old 18th July 2009, 09:45   #33
Senior - BHPian

For the first time in my life, I got two new cars home on the same day. Here is what you get for the price of a new Honda City! Horses for courses
Attached Thumbnails
Arrival of my new Hyundai i20 Asta (1.2 Kappa)-img_8233.jpg  

Old 18th July 2009, 10:33   #34
Senior - BHPian

every kids dream! congrats, and enjoy the rides!

cheers
Old 18th July 2009, 13:28   #35
Senior - BHPian

wow thats one of a dream to come true sawyer, two cars delivered on same day.Congrats once again mate and keep updating.
Old 20th July 2009, 12:00   #36
BHPian

Excellent pic, its certainly a dream come true things Sawyer, cant really think if i will ever do like this. Hope i get my dream car as soon as i can.
Old 20th July 2009, 12:04   #37
Senior - BHPian

All it takes is wanting it enough. Having said that, this was more of a coincidence and good fortune. I would think that there are more important things in life to want enough. Good luck to you with your dreams turning real.
Old 20th July 2009, 21:40   #38
Senior - BHPian

White. Looks. FABULOUS.
Old 21st July 2009, 10:59   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery two days ago, and my first impressions and actions:

2. Bought a white car, because white makes a small car look big, is easy to touch up, and remains the coolest under the strong Indian sun.

6. Other than this, the car needs nothing, to my mind.

7. First impressions remain good ............
so older people with back problems will struggle a bit in and out. More out than in.
Congrats on yet another New Buy Sawyer !!

I personally would prefer white anyday as it is the best colour for cars (if it suits the car that is ), especially if lot of motoring is done within city (mad rush everyday)

Hence was able to convince my brother to buy his I10 in white..

with ref to the seating you mentioned: is it very low compared to I10?

Other thing which i was surprised is the location of Gearbox in I20 is not like I10? I liked the location of gearbox for I10.
Old 21st July 2009, 15:13   #40
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
For the first time in my life, I got two new cars home on the same day. Here is what you get for the price of a new Honda City! Horses for courses
Just caught this picture and only have one thing to say : Waah! Both white, both Korean, and with near identical registration numbers. I go berzerk on the eve of one car's delivery, can only imagine what this experience was like for you.

Congratulations! Drive safe Mr. & Mrs. Sawyer.
Old 21st July 2009, 16:40   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
both Korean
Thanks, I was pretending to be as cool about it as I have ever pretended before in life
And the Korean thing should tell us that maybe there is still hope that we can see the Made in India brand get some respect in our lifetimes. To my mind the only world class modern products we make today are Titan watches. But they got there a couple of decades ago, and I am still waiting to see the second.
I remember walking away from the Santro back in 1998 when it was launched - thinking that it was a tinpot. Big mistake of judgement. In defense, even the engine bay looked terrible. Now of course, even in how the bay looks, they have made progress. No wonder both Toyota and Honda are looking over their shoulders with some concern.
Old 21st July 2009, 17:30   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriny_blr View Post

with ref to the seating you mentioned: is it very low compared to I10?

Other thing which i was surprised is the location of Gearbox in I20 is not like I10? I liked the location of gearbox for I10.
I am not that familiar with the i10, but I think seating in the i20 is lower than it. Remember that the i10 is a toned down tall boy at the end of the day. The i20 is not as bad the Accent is or the Esteem used to be of course. As I had written, nothing to worry about unless you have a bad back. Or are obese. Or are stiff with age. For these, a pre purchase test is recommended.
The i10 shifter location suits the internal packaging of that car - I loved the gear shifts of that car when I drove it btw - the i20 does not need it, and so it reverts to the classical position, which is right for it.
Old 21st July 2009, 18:39   #43
BHPian

Sawyer and other i20 owners,

Could you post some pics of the MID showing the different displays please? We haven't seen this on the other review threads.
Old 21st July 2009, 19:08   #44
BANNED

Whats is make of Tyres in i20. I heard that it will be either Good Year or Bridgestone. Do the buyers can choose while purchasing? or its come just like that.

Which make of tyre will be good for i20?
Old 21st July 2009, 19:21   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Whats is make of Tyres in i20.
AFAIK, the i20s are coming with Apollo Accelares..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks