Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2009, 12:01   #91
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidcruise79 View Post
Now the lens dont move and i guess will have to buy a new one soon as no one repairs these Sony digicams here in Bhubaneswar.

I don't know about Bhubaneswar but here in Hyderabad, when my digicam's lens got stuck. I got a quote of 5k from an authorised service center. A small shop did the same for 1,500.

The small shop had a lot of similar phone that were completely out. He simply took the lens control mechanism from a camera with busted electronics.
Old 27th July 2009, 17:55   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I don't know about Bhubaneswar but here in Hyderabad, when my digicam's lens got stuck. I got a quote of 5k from an authorised service center. A small shop did the same for 1,500.

The small shop had a lot of similar phone that were completely out. He simply took the lens control mechanism from a camera with busted electronics.
You're lucky. Vendors here in Bhubaneswar are not so cued up and would not take the effort of doing things like that.
Old 28th July 2009, 15:56   #93
Senior - BHPian

sid, those wheels looks great and makes this beast feel its presence more now.If any trips planned to kol or any other city nearer to bhuwneshwar get your digi cam repaired which can be for sure without need to buy a new one, please post some pictures of beast too.
Old 29th July 2009, 16:45   #94
BHPian

Help required

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
It's done, i have posted the refined version of it here, taking out the unnecessary details. Sorry for the delay as was quite busy with work yesterday.
Dear Dadu,
My lights are adjusted now. I tried to get it done the way you said, but the TASS did not have space for that especially as it was in the daytime.
I'm having a problem with the radio when I reverse and the reverse cam comes on. The radio starts giving out a hissing noise and like as if there is poor radio signal. Also is there any special care I need to take for the reverse cam.
I want to change the front fog lamp bulbs and the front parking light bulbs to the white/blue types. Osram sells these, but I'm not sure about the specs. I have a pictre of the bulbs ofered by Osram. Hope someone can help me out here.
Attached Thumbnails
Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-osram-bulbs.jpg  

Last edited by sidcruise79 : 29th July 2009 at 16:57. Reason: Forgot something
Old 3rd August 2009, 11:26   #95
BHPian

Got my first service done at 1000 kms and 24 days last Saturday. Safari technicians from Pune were there for a Safari Retro have posted full details at https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post1413389

Still posting info here also regarding retros done:
1. ECU Flashing;
2. ECU rubber cover installed;
3. Timing belt cover changed;
4. Some power window metal link that looks exactly like " [ " and is about 5 inches long for both the front power windows;
5. Some rubber sticky paddings put on both front doors to reduce vibration and noise; and
6. A/c condensor fuse changed to 30Amps.

Had the engine oil topped by 1ltr. Found out about Castrol synthetic oil, which will cost Rs.8,000/- for a full change. Decided against it.

After the ECU flashing the vehicle feels much smoother.

Now I'm closer to going on a long trip and putting up my travelogue.
Old 6th August 2009, 19:17   #96
Senior - BHPian

Sid,

How is the HID's now? Your review please.

(And some "good" photos of the same! )
Old 6th August 2009, 20:16   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got my first service done at 1000 kms and 24 days last Saturday. Safari technicians from Pune were there for a Safari Retro have posted full details at https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post1413389

Still posting info here also regarding retros done:
1. ECU Flashing;
2. ECU rubber cover installed;
3. Timing belt cover changed;
4. Some power window metal link that looks exactly like " [ " and is about 5 inches long for both the front power windows;
5. Some rubber sticky paddings put on both front doors to reduce vibration and noise; and
6. A/c condensor fuse changed to 30Amps.

Had the engine oil topped by 1ltr. Found out about Castrol synthetic oil, which will cost Rs.8,000/- for a full change. Decided against it.

After the ECU flashing the vehicle feels much smoother.

Now I'm closer to going on a long trip and putting up my travelogue.
The smooth news is making me wonder. Mine's smooth even now.
And I guess they are promoting Wurth damping stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Sid,

Best bet is 4000K ones. Phillips one is 6000K.
Old 7th August 2009, 09:57   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Sid,

Thanks for your post.

Thought this thread was dying........ I have taken a few good shots from my camcorder, and will post it tonight or latest by tomorrow. The HID's are really good, the best part is that because they are white anything in the distance pops up into clear sight as soon as the beams fall on it.
But the HID's in dipper are the best. There is a really significant difference between Halogens and HID's.
I Promise, will post the pics ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
The smooth news is making me wonder. Mine's smooth even now.
And I guess they are promoting Wurth damping stuff

Best bet is 4000K ones. Phillips one is 6000K.
Believe u me..... the engine is much smoother after the ECU flashing. The difference is more noticeable when the beast is in 4th gear. your RPM can drop down to even 1200-1300 and still the shuddering noise isn't prominent. I remember before the retro if the RPM fell below 1500 the whole vehicle would make a noise as if it is going to fall apart.

BTW why do you say 4000K are better than 6000K (Philips).
Old 7th August 2009, 12:42   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your post.

Thought this thread was dying........ I have taken a few good shots from my camcorder, and will post it tonight or latest by tomorrow. The HID's are really good, the best part is that because they are white anything in the distance pops up into clear sight as soon as the beams fall on it.
But the HID's in dipper are the best. There is a really significant difference between Halogens and HID's.
I Promise, will post the pics ASAP.

Believe u me..... the engine is much smoother after the ECU flashing. The difference is more noticeable when the beast is in 4th gear. your RPM can drop down to even 1200-1300 and still the shuddering noise isn't prominent. I remember before the retro if the RPM fell below 1500 the whole vehicle would make a noise as if it is going to fall apart.

SidCruise,
Looking at the photos, looks like you are begging for some trouble. You have cut the cap for inserting your new bulb. The next time you service it, water is going to get in and your warranty will be void.
I did the same mistake on my safari and had to revert to the old 65/55 bulbs. Hope you are aware of that issue or prepared for water in the headlamp always
Old 7th August 2009, 13:25   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Thought this thread was dying........
No need to let that happen.

Quote:
... I have taken a few good shots from my camcorder, and will post it tonight or latest by tomorrow. The HID's are really good, the best part is that because they are white anything in the distance pops up into clear sight as soon as the beams fall on it... I Promise, will post the pics ASAP...
Thanks. Looking forward to it.

Quote:
... BTW why do you say 4000K are better than 6000K (Philips).
Same question - why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by power ranger View Post
... Hope you are aware of that issue or prepared for water in the headlamp always
PR, I reckon Sid has taken care of this issue. The person who did the install seems to be a experienced person on this conversion on Safari's and he has done some DIY which will negate this possibility.
Old 7th August 2009, 14:50   #101
Senior - BHPian

Xenon 4000K 6000K difference.

Quote:
the e shadow.net - - carmod: HID Alternatives

The bigger the value lesser the penetration. I have seen Philips 6000K, awesome it is. It was fixed on Sankar's bike and it was far better than my both 90/100 !
Attached Thumbnails
Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-hid_photos_compare.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-kaixen.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-colortemphid.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 7th August 2009, 15:26   #102
BHPian

Washing

Quote:
Originally Posted by power ranger View Post
SidCruise,
Looking at the photos, looks like you are begging for some trouble. You have cut the cap for inserting your new bulb. The next time you service it, water is going to get in and your warranty will be void.
I did the same mistake on my safari and had to revert to the old 65/55 bulbs. Hope you are aware of that issue or prepared for water in the headlamp always
I have managed to seal it with a combination of rubber, m seal, thermocole.
BTW I make it a point not to allow the service guys to spray water inside the engine compartment. I keep it clean myself (2-3 hrs every Sunday on cleaning). I was also shocked to see the guys spray water on the door sils of other vehicles and warned them not to even open the doors till all the washing is completed.

Thanks JK. very informative post.

Last edited by sidcruise79 : 7th August 2009 at 15:27. Reason: Forgot to add comment for JK's post
Old 10th August 2009, 21:37   #103
BHPian

A few more pics

A Few more pics......
Attached Thumbnails
Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-b.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-h.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-i.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-j.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-k.jpg  

Old 11th August 2009, 09:12   #104
BANNED

Quote:
A Few more pics......
Superb improvement with the HID I must say...and the Yokos look good as well..
Old 11th August 2009, 12:41   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A Few more pics......
the yokos looks cool mate, and with those HID, one can surely see the improvent withthose pictures.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks