Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2009, 17:07   #61
BHPian

Hey its a good buy. Its wise to go for a safari over a scorpio. Probably you could have timed your purchase to coincide with the Rath Yatra when you would have go some more freebies!

Good to hear that Bharat Motors has shaped up very well. They were earlier dealers of HM and provided pathetic After Sales Service. They were located in Cuttack road then. Guess they have shifted out from there now.
Old 18th July 2009, 07:31   #62
BHPian

Thanks Sandeep,
Couldn't wait that long. You know how it is when you want something real bad. Bharat Motors has shifted to NH5, near 'Pahala', and guess what tehy even gave us two big packets of those famous 'Rasgulla's' after taking delivery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep.mishra View Post
Hey its a good buy. Its wise to go for a safari over a scorpio. Probably you could have timed your purchase to coincide with the Rath Yatra when you would have go some more freebies!

Good to hear that Bharat Motors has shaped up very well. They were earlier dealers of HM and provided pathetic After Sales Service. They were located in Cuttack road then. Guess they have shifted out from there now.
Thanks Sunny,
But cant i do this myself, or does it require special tools/procedures?
Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
go to TASS and get the Throw of the beam adjusted. and you will be good to go.
Old 18th July 2009, 07:39   #63
BHPian

Bang on tsk,
But HID's that aim towards the sky defeat their own purpose. Hope TASS can do something. As far as my knowledge goes, most vehicles have an adjustment screw/nut for teh Head lights apart from the in cabin leveller. Even the safari has a nut, but am not sure how to use this. Don't want to fiddle and ruin things.
Hope somebody on the forum can help........

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
HIDs in non projector setup will always throw some glare upwards. esp in the safari where headlamps sit so high.
You will always have oncoming traffic abusing you even if you are on dipper.
thats why in case of normal headlights its always better to get HIDs in the lower fogs, and use them only when required.
Old 18th July 2009, 07:51   #64
BHPian

Hey BJ,
Just checked out your garage. Your besat looks magnificent especially in black.
Noticed that you have the old safari stepnie cover, did you buy it seperately? Will TASS get on efor me if i want one. Also can TASS get the old full chrome grill?
Old 18th July 2009, 11:20   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidcruise79 View Post
Hey BJ,
Just checked out your garage. Your besat looks magnificent especially in black.
Noticed that you have the old safari stepnie cover, did you buy it seperately? Will TASS get on efor me if i want one. Also can TASS get the old full chrome grill?
For BJ that Cover came as a default instead of the new one.

You could enquire with the TASS about the stepnie cover and i guess it should be available.
Old 20th July 2009, 02:06   #66
BHPian

congratulations on you safari!! vx 4x4 top end top trim top class!!!

about the hid's can you get the projectors seperately or you have to buy as package with bulbs. how does this stuff work. also HIDs and xenons are same or what??! i am not educated about light bulbs
Old 20th July 2009, 09:03   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
For BJ that Cover came as a default instead of the new one.

You could enquire with the TASS about the stepnie cover and i guess it should be available.
It doesnt come painted You have to get it painted!
Not a cheap option.
Old 20th July 2009, 10:27   #68
BHPian

Thanks Caramelo,
I think Projector type lights are different form HID's.
HID's come as a package of two bulbs and two integrated ballasts, one ballast for each bulb. They are known as Xenon HID's (High Intensity Discharge)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
congratulations on you safari!! vx 4x4 top end top trim top class!!!

about the hid's can you get the projectors seperately or you have to buy as package with bulbs. how does this stuff work. also HIDs and xenons are same or what??! i am not educated about light bulbs
Attached Thumbnails
Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-2.jpg  

Old 20th July 2009, 10:41   #69
BHPian

[quote=sidcruise79;1389676] Bharat Motors has shifted to NH5, near 'Pahala', and guess what tehy even gave us two big packets of those famous 'Rasgulla's' after taking delivery.

Ooh! Thats a nice gesture on their part! I miss those Rasgulla's here in Delhi. Anyways congratulations and ship some Rasgollas to Delhi and do take very good care of your machine!

Bhpian's, "Pahal" is approx.15 kms from Bhubaneswar towards Cuttack. Its a cluster of 30-35 shops who make outstanding quality Rasgolla's.

BTW the best quality Rasgolla's in India can be found in Bhubaneswar, cuttack and Puri in Orissa. However, the same doesnt get any publicity!
Old 20th July 2009, 13:57   #70
Senior - BHPian

sidcruise, congrats on your white beast, looks georgeous in this colour, do use your 4x4 option when you get a chance and post some more pics with your new HiD setup and new shoes.Is this a better option to buy then scorpio?
Old 21st July 2009, 12:49   #71
BHPian

Dear Vijay,
Thanks. Last Sunday, I almost put those shoes in a place where there was some road construction and was full of mud and slush, but had my wife, baby and in-laws who started screaming not to do it. Guess have to do it alone sometime.

BTW see page 1 of this thread, there are a few pics of the Yoko's. I am just not able to take pics of teh Xenons at night as either i forget to take my camera or its raining like mad. But will make it a point to do so soon, (guess have to leave my cam in teh car itself)

As far as the scorpio goes, I prefer the Bull as it is bigger, has more space, has 4X4, has a more comfortable drive, has Airbags and in my opinion looks better than the Scorpio. As far as the small niggles with the Safari go, i'm more than happy to live with them. Scorpio is a more peppy vehicle, good for city driving, but Safari is the King of the highway. Scorpio has a very bouncy feel to it so I don't feel confident at high speeds. But in the city Scorpio is much easier to drive than the Safari, but its all a matter of getting used to. So one has to take a call as to what he prefers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
sidcruise, congrats on your white beast, looks georgeous in this colour, do use your 4x4 option when you get a chance and post some more pics with your new HiD setup and new shoes.Is this a better option to buy then scorpio?
Old 21st July 2009, 13:15   #72
BANNED

Safari any day

Quote:
Dear Vijay,
As far as the scorpio goes, I prefer the Bull as it is bigger, has more space, has 4X4, has a more comfortable drive, has Airbags and in my opinion looks better than the Scorpio. As far as the small niggles with the Safari go, i'm more than happy to live with them. Scorpio is a more peppy vehicle, good for city driving, but Safari is the King of the highway. Scorpio has a very bouncy feel to it so I don't feel confident at high speeds. But in the city Scorpio is much easier to drive than the Safari, but its all a matter of getting used to. So one has to take a call as to what he prefers.

I agree with Sid on all these points. Also, looking at the basic stats, the safari has a more powerful engine and decent fuel economy along with unmatched ride quality which the Scorpio just cannot beat...
Old 21st July 2009, 13:39   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Vijay,
Thanks. Last Sunday, I almost put those shoes in a place where there was some road construction and was full of mud and slush, but had my wife, baby and in-laws who started screaming not to do it. Guess have to do it alone sometime.

BTW see page 1 of this thread, there are a few pics of the Yoko's. I am just not able to take pics of teh Xenons at night as either i forget to take my camera or its raining like mad. But will make it a point to do so soon, (guess have to leave my cam in teh car itself)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I agree with Sid on all these points. Also, looking at the basic stats, the safari has a more powerful engine and decent fuel economy along with unmatched ride quality which the Scorpio just cannot beat...
oh ok cool, surely the road presence that safari still has is unbeatable without any doubts,white rocks mate and keep updating and would be looking forward to to a travelouge from you.
Old 22nd July 2009, 12:59   #74
BHPian

HID beams way up in the air

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Pl post your pics and then I think I know what the issue is....
Here a few low res pics of my Xenons in head & dipper. I have kept teh internal head lamp adjuster at position '3'.
Last night went to the guy who fixed the Xenons, but he didn't know how to adjust the beams...
Attached Thumbnails
Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-img_0251.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-img_0252.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-img_0253.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-img_0254.jpg  

Old 22nd July 2009, 15:01   #75
BHPian

A few more pics.....

I'm uploading a few more pics taken recently.....
Attached Thumbnails
Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-1.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-2.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-3.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-4.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-5.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-6.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-7.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-8.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-9.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-10.jpg  

Most Viewed