Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2009, 12:35   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeler_Rebeiro View Post
Hi,
I think the advantages of a diesel kicks in at around usage of 100kms/day or more . I could be wrong though.

Can someone please send Crimson the calculator used to arrive at petrol vs diesel decision ? I could not locate that thread.

Crimson,
Did you try a TD some other dealership ?
Regarding the 1.4 Petrol, it wont give more than 10-11kmpl in daily city driving. That would pose a serious problem for me.

Yes I visited the same dealership.
Old 15th July 2009, 14:08   #17
BHPian

I am planing to buy a diesel hatch and am super confused on which one to go for . Its tough to decide between the vista quadra aqua and the punto active . I really love the looks of the punto but am scared on buying one since i had an Uno and it gave me a lot of trouble . Secondly what would the resale value of the Punto be like ? Punto is 60 k more expensive too so is it worth the extra money ...
Please help me make a decision .
Old 15th July 2009, 14:08   #18
BHPian

during my td even i felt like the noise is more than in my swift DDis.but the noise isnt exactly an irritating diesel clatter.it is a bit like hoarse and doesnt sound all that bad.
on the outside the noise is lesser than in vista.
but i felt no vibrations during my td and it was a decent 20 min drive.
Old 15th July 2009, 14:30   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality View Post
I am planing to buy a diesel hatch and am super confused on which one to go for . Its tough to decide between the vista quadra aqua and the punto active . I really love the looks of the punto but am scared on buying one since i had an Uno and it gave me a lot of trouble . Secondly what would the resale value of the Punto be like ? Punto is 60 k more expensive too so is it worth the extra money ...
Please help me make a decision .
I think you can easily go in for a Fiat car. Im owning a Palio D from 3 years and im very happy with its experience. It did not let me down even once in middle of the road. And now the Fiat *** is improved and even the spare parts are cheaper. Indica Vista can never match Punto in ride comfort and handling.
Old 15th July 2009, 15:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
I could feel the vibrations on the clutch pedal and on the steering wheel.
I have driven my Punto for over 400kms now and I can't feel any vibrations through the clutch or steering. Maximum rpm done is almost 2500-2700rpm and max speed almost 90kmph.
Old 15th July 2009, 16:14   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
All three cars have same engines and cater to different requirements.
If you are very specific on Noise and Vibration levels, you should consider a petrol. Over a longer period of time, diesels will have more nvh levels in comparison.
People love the vista for the interior space. Its way ahead of all three in comparison.
You'll find disadvantage in each cars. And one disadvantage of buying Tata/Fiat is the Dealership experience. Some dealers are good, but quite a few are extremely laid back and dont really bother to sell If you can highlight your specific requirements, owners of each of the shortlisted cars can give you their inputs. That would make your task easier. I know tata indica v2 users who have driven 75-100K without too many issues. So you could consider TD car as 'an abberation' especially since its just done 15K.
Count me In, I had Indica V2 for almost 7 years gone 80K+ Kms. Absolutely fine, however you need to take care, ensure that services are done as per recommendations. Had a decent damping done from Concorde when I brought it.

regards,
-manju
Old 15th July 2009, 17:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

Same as Amit. Even I didnt had any problems with vibrations in the Punto. When you go for a test drive just keep one thing in mind.... Punto's 1st and 2nd gears are very shortly so you tend to bounce off the limiter very quickly giving you the impression that its noisy when the fact is that any diesel engine revving over 2500 rpm will be somewhat noisy. I have compared the engine noise with the Vista and the Swift and its almost the same.
The key thing to keep in mind when test driving is the sound at a particular rpm.
Old 15th July 2009, 17:33   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
I am in the same lines of Crimson, looking for a diesel hatch which will serve for a family of 4 adults (some times 5) and a kid. Will be mostly used on weekends and for highways and sometimes on weekends inside city. Will be hardly used during weekdays and in traffic condition . I would be happy to get a suggestion for this kind of a requirement. I am already looking like a confused child in deciding what car to buy.
I feel you will pay an unnecassary premium for diesel car for your kind of use. Pls refer one of the replies in this thread which talks about a financial comparison b/w petrol and diesel. If you are firm on diesel, check out the vista. For 5 adults and a kid, it is the most spacious.
Old 15th July 2009, 17:36   #24
BHPian

Thanks for the replies guys.

What is the general opinion about waiting for a month and then buying the car as opposed to buying it immediately. Would it be wise to wait? Is it likely to see some changes / improvements made?

As mentioned earlier, my original plan was to book it this week.
Old 15th July 2009, 17:41   #25
BHPian

I don't foresee any manufacturer making changes to the product within a few months of launch, unless there is a safety issue or a product defect.
Old 15th July 2009, 17:41   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is the general opinion about waiting for a month and then buying the car as opposed to buying it immediately. Would it be wise to wait? Is it likely to see some changes / improvements made?

As mentioned earlier, my original plan was to book it this week.
No way are any changes going to be made in any car within one month of it's launch. If you are convinced about the product then buy it right away. Dealer in Navi Mumbai is quoting 3 weeks for delivery for Multijet Emotion PK.
Old 15th July 2009, 17:45   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope I am not taken wrong here. I WANT to buy the Punto. I just love it. But found the NVH louder on the second TD experience and that kinda worried me
I think this may be and adjustment issue for you since you have never driven diesel before. Noise is not a complaint in the Punto and so don't worry about it. Even if it was a problem with the particular car, you're going to be getting a different piece anyway.
Old 15th July 2009, 20:31   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
I think this may be and adjustment issue for you since you have never driven diesel before. Noise is not a complaint in the Punto and so don't worry about it. Even if it was a problem with the particular car, you're going to be getting a different piece anyway.
Perfectly said! This is an adjustment issue for me. And thats the reason for the apprehension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Dealer in Navi Mumbai is quoting 3 weeks for delivery for Multijet Emotion PK.
The delivery is 3 to 4 weeks in Pune also.
Old 15th July 2009, 20:49   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
I am in the same lines of Crimson, looking for a diesel hatch which will serve for a family of 4 adults (some times 5) and a kid. Will be mostly used on weekends and for highways and sometimes on weekends inside city. Will be hardly used during weekdays and in traffic condition . I would be happy to get a suggestion for this kind of a requirement. I am already looking like a confused child in deciding what car to buy.
I am in the same shoes as Balaji. Looking for a hatch for weekend trips (1 or 2 monthly) out of City and occasional weekday drive to office. Monthly travel won't exceed 800kms I suppose.

Only difference is, it will be only me and my wife traveling in the car. Will be in the market for the new car after 2-3 months (waiting for the promotion ). Currently looks like the Punto 1.4 Fire for me.
Old 16th July 2009, 15:49   #30
BHPian

Quote:

Yes I visited the same dealership.
Crimson, which dealership was this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks