Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2009, 18:43   #46
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congrats! You've bought the segment leader. The C Class has a far better back seat than the 3 series, superior ride quality, more space on the inside and is overall better refined. She's a torque monster and is built for the highways. I just returned from a 650 km round trip yesterday (in my previous gen manual C220). The massive torque, high speed cruising ability, composure, safety and long range fuel tank (did 650 on a tank with 1/4 to spare) are solid companions for those roadtrips that we petrolheads are addicted to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
after a hard round of bargaining finalized the car
That 3 year warranty will prove to be a blessing in disguise.

Quote:
manual version has been discontinued
Too bad for us enthusiasts. Don't blame them though, automatic is the choice of 9 / 10 Merc buyers. Even when I got my 6 speed manual, it was only available on order.

Quote:
the only disappointment is that side view mirrors have to folded manually.
Trust Mercedes to bring the essentials in a facelift. My C220 has electric fold on the mirrors.

Quote:
now i am trying my best to get a nice number for the car. hoping to get some positive reply from the RTO tomorrow.
White Merc with a VIP number in Delhi? I don't think cops are going to pull you over. Like ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
If only merc had a maintenance plan like BMW that would really be the icing on the cake.
If hearsay is anything to go by, I believe multi-year ownership plans are on the way. Only problem : Merc is way too slow to respond. They ought to be the trend setters, especially when one considers their 10 year lead in our market.
Old 20th July 2009, 19:16   #47
BHPian

Congrats Man..!
Very neat looking vehicle. The difference between the Old 220 and the new one is astounding.
Old 20th July 2009, 21:49   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
this is my exact expression typing this story here!

now i am trying my best to get a nice number for the car. hoping to get some positive reply from the RTO tomorrow.
i am truly madly deeply in love with this machine!
And what a feeling it must be. Exhilarating! Congratulations on a lovely car.

Rgds,
Old 20th July 2009, 21:49   #49
BHPian

Congrats man!

Just a query, i somehow cannot spot the 3 pointer on the bonnet after the sports grill upgrade!..Am i missing something here?
Old 20th July 2009, 21:53   #50
BHPian

Congrats on the new ride. The new grill looks really good . Hope to see a travelogue soon.
Old 20th July 2009, 22:40   #51
Senior - BHPian

My opinion on the looks of this C are completely polarized by the presence or absence of the Avantgarde grille. And that's why think your car looks AWESOME !!
Old 20th July 2009, 23:34   #52
BHPian

i am so glad to be hear sharing all this with you guys. really appreciate your kind words!

@monaro : the merc emblem is missing on the bonnet. took it off as its a part of the conventional package. the sports package has a small badge on the hood.

another twist in my happy tale, i am going to haridwar for 4 weeks on wednesday on a business trip. will be taking my vdi with me. she will stay back at home. will miss her alot! :(

once i come back, i need to tints on the car. guide me as to what brand to go for and approx costs if possible.

Last edited by white_vdi : 20th July 2009 at 23:40.
Old 13th August 2009, 12:45   #53
BHPian

i just test drove the c220 cdi elegance today. I Have small query from you guys.
I Heard a noise when pressing the brakes. The Noise was there only when the car was brought to stand still and when i left the brake pedal from stand still.
is it normal or not?
Will a new car also have it?
Old 13th August 2009, 13:56   #54
Senior - BHPian

VDI to CDI congratulations. Its surely a lovely looking car and very underestimated in the days of the 3 series and the A4. I still feel its wrong for a 30lakh car not to have bi-xenons and non electric folding mirrors.

The C63 AMG costs around a carore, or thats why I've heard. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 13th August 2009, 14:13   #55
BANNED

this car in bombay is for 38 laks.
Old 13th August 2009, 14:21   #56
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Sumit! Have fun with the new car!
Old 13th August 2009, 16:29   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I still feel its wrong for a 30lakh car not to have bi-xenons and non electric folding mirrors.
...and manual seats, and a mediocre display (in terms of quality and functionality) sitting atop the centre console. Doesn't do justice to the sheer brilliance of the car.
Old 13th August 2009, 17:26   #58
BHPian

Brilliant!

Awesome dude! Must be an absolute dream come true to upgrade ( a catapult rather ) from a Swift to something 5 times as expensive! a Merc C 220! . I can almost feel the excitement through your post. I too have such a similar dream. The original car was looking elegant enough, but now with the sports grill, it looks modern, big, aggressive and menacing and makes if want to pinch yourself and see if its Germany!
Old 13th August 2009, 20:19   #59
BHPian

I come home and look at brochure which says 4 alloy wheels, so did you get 4 alloy wheels or is the spare tyre alloy too?
Old 13th August 2009, 23:17   #60
BHPian

Quote:
=====
another twist in my happy tale, i am going to haridwar for 4 weeks on wednesday on a business trip. will be taking my vdi with me. she will stay back at home. will miss her alot! :(======.
Why take the swift to the trip when you have a gleaming Merc wih you? Is it because you need to run-in the car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks