Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2010, 20:48   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Me too. The sound comes from the engine bay I guess. I forgot to ask about this during first service and was about to post this in my ownership thread.

I get a loud clanging noise when the Engine is cranked while the car is parked on a rather steep slope. Theres a another metallic sound when the car is reversed. The sound comes occasionally when the car moves back from a dead halt.

I have completed 16K Kms. and the car is behaving as if its just come out from the showroom today. The dealers W/S has done an exceptionally good job. The Works Manager took about 7 to 8 test drives before all the niggling rattles were eliminated. For the first time I gave the Dealer a 10 out of 10 ranking. Great Job.

God bless.....
Old 13th February 2010, 20:59   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer View Post
The dealers W/S has done an exceptionally good job. The Works Manager took about 7 to 8 test drives before all the niggling rattles were eliminated. For the first time I gave the Dealer a 10 out of 10 ranking. Great Job
That's good to know. Which dealer is this? Specially the service personnel. He deserves to get some more customers .
Old 16th February 2010, 10:26   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Guys finally tried the com -paint on my car. It was the Blue blaze color. Unfortunately did not hve my digi cam, took it from my mobile camera. But I would say its a Thumbs Up....
recently a three wheeler embraced my honda city ZX from left a scratch on door guard, i bought com paint from delhi for rs 280/- and touched it up and the colour matches perfectly which also encouraged me to touch few other areas.

also if u r not satisfied with results com paint also comes with a thinner spray which can be sprayed and paint rubbed off
Old 16th February 2010, 19:46   #184
BHPian

2nd Service Update...

I missed the 2nd service date with MASS. Had to tackle other important issues. Will attempt this coming saturday.

Chowgule industries (MASS) yesterday called me up and informed that they also service cars overnight. Deliver the car by 5 pm and take it back the next day by 10 am.

Customer service wins
Old 21st February 2010, 01:02   #185
BHPian

2nd service completed...

All,

FatBottom went in for the second service Feb 20. On enqiring about oil changes, the service advisor (Mr Nanchariya for Chowgule) informed that oil will be changed only at the 10K kilometers mark.

I handed over the car to MASS at @ 10 in the morning and was delivered back @ 5 pm. Apart from the standard checks, tyres were rotated. So the spare tyre has been put into action and one forced into paid leave .

Total cost of servicing Rs 15/- for the windshield cleaner fluid added to the windshield washer tank.

After the second servicing, engine is now more silent and the taut driving feel of day 1 is back. The cabin seemed more quieter (may be I needed some sleep) eventhough it was devoid of my Jugaad.

The gas tank is not yet empty so will be some time away from calculating mileage after the second service.

Regards

Nikhil
Old 21st February 2010, 10:33   #186
Senior - BHPian

Hi Bagawat,

It is good you MASS and Service Advisor did a good job of the service with mere Rs.15. A spat to your MASS and SA.
Old 22nd February 2010, 18:55   #187
BHPian

Quote:
I get a loud clanging noise when the Engine is cranked while the car is parked on a rather steep slope. Theres a another metallic sound when the car is reversed. The sound comes occasionally when the car moves back from a dead halt.

I have completed 16K Kms. and the car is behaving as if its just come out from the showroom today. The dealers W/S has done an exceptionally good job. The Works Manager took about 7 to 8 test drives before all the niggling rattles were eliminated. For the first time I gave the Dealer a 10 out of 10 ranking. Great Job.

God bless.....
Even i am getting this sound.. This happens when i leave the clutch and the car jusst start moving (be it the 1st gear or the reverse gear). I beleive it may be becasuse of the initial vibration of the engine when the clutch is released. But mind it that the sound is very feeble and not that loud and irritating in my case.
I am thinking of not waiting till the 2nd service to report this issue. Now as you said you are also hearing this similar type of sound i wonder is this is normal issue with the K12 engine (may be because of the mount of the engine on the chasis).

I have clocked 1800km recently for this tank fill it returned me an average of 13kmpl (30% AC & all city run)
Old 22nd February 2010, 19:09   #188
BHPian

Does anyone have similar sound when the engine is started and when the AC button is switched on?
Old 23rd February 2010, 12:44   #189
BANNED

Quote:
Does anyone have similar sound when the engine is started and when the AC button is switched on?
What kind of sound are we talking about ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
All,

FatBottom went in for the second service Feb 20. On enqiring about oil changes, the service advisor (Mr Nanchariya for Chowgule) informed that oil will be changed only at the 10K kilometers mark.

I handed over the car to MASS at @ 10 in the morning and was delivered back @ 5 pm. Apart from the standard checks, tyres were rotated. So the spare tyre has been put into action and one forced into paid leave .

Total cost of servicing Rs 15/- for the windshield cleaner fluid added to the windshield washer tank.

After the second servicing, engine is now more silent and the taut driving feel of day 1 is back. The cabin seemed more quieter (may be I needed some sleep) eventhough it was devoid of my Jugaad.

The gas tank is not yet empty so will be some time away from calculating mileage after the second service.

Regards

Nikhil
During first service, the service personnel told me that the oil would be changed dueing second service.

Is this written somewhere, that the oild needs to be changed at 10,000 Km. ?

Last edited by bblost : 23rd February 2010 at 14:04. Reason: back 2 back post. Please use edit post if posting within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 23rd February 2010, 13:59   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by del.guy22 View Post
What kind of sound are we talking about ?

Like a puff of gas coming out from a vent!!..
Old 23rd February 2010, 14:42   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Like a puff of gas coming out from a vent!!..
Nope never heard of that sound nor what funnyguru is describing in the last six months.
Old 25th February 2010, 12:57   #192
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Nope never heard of that sound nor what funnyguru is describing in the last six months.
Same here, never heard of this kind of sound. I heard some cranking sound one time but it never came again.
Old 27th February 2010, 21:23   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
This sound is from the AC Compressor and can be heard when you put on the AC for the first in the morning or after a long halt. Initially the sound is less but as time goes by the sound keeps increasing till you can't tolerate it any more.

I have had my AC Compressor replaced under warranty after a lot of interaction with Maruti Engineers. Initially they kept postponing the replacement and insisted thats its normal with all the Ritz. I told them that I didn't care about the other Ritzs and wanted my system set right immediately. I even told them that I shall be writing to JD Power Asia pacific and that set them on their toes.

The replacement was done about a month back and the sound had disappeared but subsequently after about 15 days and about 1000Kms. later its appeared again but, on a lower note and is gradually increasing once again.

Another observation I have made is the car makes a loud noise even when the tyres go over a medium size stone. You get the feeling that you have hit something big and that the suspension could have been damaged. When you investigate the issue further, you find that you have gone over just a small stone.

God Bless.....
Old 4th March 2010, 19:42   #194
BHPian

Quote:
This sound is from the AC Compressor and can be heard when you put on the AC for the first in the morning or after a long halt. Initially the sound is less but as time goes by the sound keeps increasing till you can't tolerate it any more.

The replacement was done about a month back and the sound had disappeared but subsequently after about 15 days and about 1000Kms. later its appeared again but, on a lower note and is gradually increasing once again.

Another observation I have made is the car makes a loud noise even when the tyres go over a medium size stone. You get the feeling that you have hit something big and that the suspension could have been damaged. When you investigate the issue further, you find that you have gone over just a small stone.

God Bless.....
These are the sort of things that spoil the ownership experience. I now recollect, I have heard this sound once when my Ritz was parked for 3 days at a stretch.

I will keep out a watch for that sound.

As for the loud noise, I feel the false alarms are a result of thinner sheet metal and thinner noise reduction material used to keep overall weight of the car in check.

Nikhil
Old 8th March 2010, 12:27   #195
BANNED

I just went for side rubber mouldings and bumper guard. Too this decision after I parked the car in a parking the space was so less between teo parks that your car door will definitely be banged by the other when coming out.

Bought it from local shop. Rs 250 for side mouldings and Rs 350 for bumper guards.

Also, would be going for Llumar 50% sunfilm, I hope its legal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks