Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2009, 13:42   #106
Senior - BHPian

thats a sad scene, seems grey market has started taking off what ever they can from cars, orvm wasent heard so much of stolen.
Old 30th December 2009, 12:07   #107
BHPian

Mates.

Back now from a vacation. Very impressed with the Linea's performance on Highways. See the mileage figures for my initial drive of about 90 Kms Linea gave a Mileage of 30.7 Kmpl. I was driving quiet decently with speed around 70 to 80 Kms/hr.

My route was Delhi --> Chandigarh --> Kasauli --> Shimla --> Chandigarh --> Delhi. A total of 830 kms run done in a very comfortable and smooth ride. The Mileage got reduced to 20 km/l at over all trip as my drive included Hilly roads and also later on I started driving at a speed of about 120 km/hr in the plains. Max speed touched on the Tour was 145 Km/hr.

Nowhere I found Linea to be underpowered. Its just some manipulation in the shifting of gears is required. You will learn that once you get your hands on to the car in about 1 to 1.5 months with a couple of long drives. Belive me you will start loving the car more n more.
Attached Thumbnails
Emotionally packed Lady in white (Fiat Linea ). Wife's envy, my pride-img_04131.jpg  

Old 30th December 2009, 12:14   #108
Senior - BHPian

wow! That's a very good F.E figure. Is your Linea also facing any rusting problems as some others?
Old 30th December 2009, 12:20   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
wow! That's a very good F.E figure. Is your Linea also facing any rusting problems as some others?
Yes under the internal side of boot door at the top corner towards the rear Windsheild where the metal sheet is moulded inwards, there are signs of rust.

Once i got my car washed at a Noida Tata Service station, I doubt the water their was quiet hard and hence might have caused this.
Old 30th December 2009, 14:01   #110
J.Ravi

@nicesachin,

Washing the car in hard water should not cause corrosion. VahanPujari observed that Vocal White Lineas are prone to rusting and corrosion as similar complaints were raised by at least two other owners of white Linea. Have you taken up the issue with Fiat, Tata Motors and the dealership?

Old 30th December 2009, 14:15   #111
BANNED

Super mileage once again by Lineans goes to prove how efficient this car has been tuned by Fiat, under power is nothing but FE is great thing for average Indian and matters a lot.
Bravo Sachin.
Old 30th December 2009, 16:49   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
@nicesachin,

Washing the car in hard water should not cause corrosion. VahanPujari observed that Vocal White Lineas are prone to rusting and corrosion as similar complaints were raised by at least two other owners of white Linea. Have you taken up the issue with Fiat, Tata Motors and the dealership?
No Ravi. I have not yet raised this point with Fiat or TASS.

What would they do to this ? any idea what was the sollution provided to other rusting Lineas ?
Old 30th December 2009, 16:54   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What would they do to this ? any idea what was the sollution provided to other rusting Lineas ?
replacement for the rusted parts !!. you better take up this to fiat before something goes wrong. could you put a couple of pictures of what has rusted??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks