Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2009, 11:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

wow, Jag XF, amazing, looks killer.

Please post interior pics especially, with the description (though you have described them)

Whats the price OTR for the car ?
Old 17th August 2009, 11:43   #32
BHPian

Its costly and it lives up to its cost. Even I never fully understood why I never find Jaguar to much popular with Indians.Sure its a luxury car but I have seen people here spending money on Maserattis.

If I break a bank someday I will buy it for sure and ride it too before its confiscated and I am caught but till then it will be one of my dream cars !!!
Old 17th August 2009, 12:00   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho7 View Post
The XF-R is about a crore in Mumbai. The XF comes to about 82 lakhs. Pretty dam expensive for something that competes with the A6, 3-series and the E-class. But then again, you don't get a V8 engine with any of those.

The XF-R is definately a better buy compared to the M5 IMHO. Jeremy Clarkson himself said its almost as good as the M5 and at about 26 lakhs less, it way cheaper too!
At 82L it is prohibitively expensive when compared to the E-Class, 5 series or A6. At this price point the buyer will have to buy with his heart but then having seen the car in metal will surely help in swaying the buyer.

I hope you end up buying the car P7, the other cars are just too mundane when compared to the Jag. Looking forward to seeing more pictures. BTW, which is the XF-R in the pictures posted by you?

And I agree the red does not do the car any favors. Blacks the way to go...

Cheers
Old 17th August 2009, 12:02   #34
BHPian

Stunning big cats! Should have a fat wallet to afford them.
Old 17th August 2009, 13:10   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho7 View Post
Oops. Forgot to add the last pic. Enjoy!

P.S I'm still disappointed by the response this thread has got! Only like 7 responses? Most of you guys here don't like the XF?

Why you have to be dissapointed? we are all just enjoying your saying WOW! what a car. Thats all atleast I can do.

Enjoy driving.
Old 17th August 2009, 14:15   #36
Senior - BHPian

Could you post pics of the XF-R and highlight the differences?

XF-R based purely on the TG report is value for money considering its competition.

Well XF or XF-R I would say better to buy a Jag, than the more common Beamer or Audi.

EOD ~ 'its a JAaaG'
Old 17th August 2009, 14:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

Superb pics
Looks better in white imo.
Do you have any more interior pics with you?
Old 17th August 2009, 20:58   #38
BHPian

Thanks for the amazing pics! I liked the white one the best too! And personally I think the front is quite drool worthy. I remember seeing one in Mumbai and going "Wow!"

Amit.
Old 17th August 2009, 22:05   #39
Senior - BHPian

Awesome pics!! Thanks dude!

After reading your experience, I think I'd like to take a TD too!
Old 18th August 2009, 10:25   #40
Senior - BHPian

Amazing car! I confess that I have never been a Jag fan but these new models are bloody fantastic! A black with maroon interiors is what I would buy if I had the money. It's a great buy for someone that doesn't want to seen in the more common Merc's, BMW's and Audi's.

I am not very famaliar with Jag's but shouldn't the XF be priced against the E, 5 and A6?
Old 18th August 2009, 10:42   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
82 lakhs puts her in Merc S class and Audi A8 territorry. If an out an out comfort one is looking for than these are two cars one can consider, but if driving pleasure, excellent performance, exclusivity, decent comfort than it's got to be the Jag. Reliability will not be an issue it's JAG.
Thats absolutely right. 82 lakhs is alot of money to spend for this car. Your pretty much paying a hefty premium for exclusivity and those crazy gimmicks (I love them). The A6 pretty much matches the Jaguar for features and comes in at about 30 lakhs less. The definite VFM compared to the Jag. Also seeing as how relatively new the Jag is here, they don't have any proper service and maintenance schemes which could be a bummer in buying this. Think they need to get some good packages to rival that of the BMW's 5 year schemes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
wow, Jag XF, amazing, looks killer.

Please post interior pics especially, with the description (though you have described them)

Whats the price OTR for the car ?
Haha sorry man. Would have if there weren't so many people around the showroom checking out the car. Only have that one. Check out some online reviews to see more. Those pictures will look much better!

XF comes to about 82 onroad and the XF-R comes in close to about a crore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
At 82L it is prohibitively expensive when compared to the E-Class, 5 series or A6. At this price point the buyer will have to buy with his heart but then having seen the car in metal will surely help in swaying the buyer.

I hope you end up buying the car P7, the other cars are just too mundane when compared to the Jag. Looking forward to seeing more pictures. BTW, which is the XF-R in the pictures posted by you?

And I agree the red does not do the car any favors. Blacks the way to go...

Cheers
Absolutely right. This won't be a decision of the mind. Let see how it goes. Will keep you guys updated on our plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Could you post pics of the XF-R and highlight the differences?

XF-R based purely on the TG report is value for money considering its competition.

Well XF or XF-R I would say better to buy a Jag, than the more common Beamer or Audi.

EOD ~ 'its a JAaaG'
The XF-R has a few minor cosmetic differences. The front bonnet has two air intakes with a 'supercharged' engraving. The front air intakes have a chrome finish. The exhausts are twin double barrels and it has the R badge on the boot. The interior color options are also different and unique only to the XF-R.

Also, it comes with some awesome looking 20 inch wheels.

Side Note: I really dislike the 18 inch alloys on the XF. The UK brochure shows that the XF Portfolio (Sold here) should have 19inch wheels. Why Tata Why did you downgrade them for us? (So much for being Indian owned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Superb pics
Looks better in white imo.
Do you have any more interior pics with you?
Haha read above about the interior pics. Yeah I like the white too. But only if the glass was really dark which isn't permitted in India. The black is simply gorgeous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Awesome pics!! Thanks dude!

After reading your experience, I think I'd like to take a TD too!
Yup you absolutely should TD it.
Old 18th August 2009, 10:52   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Amazing car! I confess that I have never been a Jag fan but these new models are bloody fantastic! A black with maroon interiors is what I would buy if I had the money. It's a great buy for someone that doesn't want to seen in the more common Merc's, BMW's and Audi's.

I am not very famaliar with Jag's but shouldn't the XF be priced against the E, 5 and A6?
It is in the ballpark. The price in India is skewed because it is a CBU while the others are locally assembled. Thats why the XFR is a steal compared with the M5 that is also a CBU.
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2009, 10:53   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post

Thats the combo we were looking for as well! The beige looks too light for the car

Yup world over, the XF competes with the E-class, A6 and the 5- series. But Jag has got their top of the line XF here which would compete with the likes of the BMW 550i, E500 etc which aren't available in India. Also, being top of the line, its loaded with features like the B&W sound system. Lastly, as CBU, the car just becomes a whole lot more expensive.

They don't have plans of getting the 3.0l V6 anytime soon since they don't want to compete with the better established germans. No plans to start assembling the car in India anytime soon as well. Looks like this high pricing is here to stay.
Old 18th August 2009, 11:05   #44
Senior - BHPian

The rising gear selector is a novel idea to be included in a car of this class. Must be an amazing experience to just see it.Auto car too has mentioned the same feature well in detail.
Great car , if they can deliver a good service in metros, this brand has a substantial potential for gaining market share in the growing luxury market especially in this segment of 40-70 lac.

Nice write up.
Old 18th August 2009, 11:06   #45
BHPian

Awsome review and the black jag look stunning in black. your right, jag sould not be dressed in red color not its style

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks