Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2009, 21:21   #61
Team-BHP Support

It's obvious that Jaguar is not here for volume sales. None of its rivals is offering a V8. These cars are for people who want something exclusive.
While the XF is not quite as spacious in the rear as it's rivals, it's still got more than enough space for a 6 footer. Also the ride quality is amazing.
Old 25th August 2009, 21:57   #62
Senior - BHPian

While the German three may have more expensive cars in their product lines, Jaguars are generally more expensive. I wouldnt think of them as rivals to the JAG brand.
Old 27th August 2009, 20:11   #63
BHPian

The Jag Purrss... :)

Stumbled on to this thread as I was searching for some experiences about the Jaguar. Since I had the fortune of accompanying a close friend to take delivery of the prized possession a gleaming back Jag XFR. from the Mumbai showroom... To watch it in the showroom was no doubt a treat . but to drive it was a feeling in a very different league all together!! While the very helpful staff in the showroom (Vishal & Oswald) had to beg us not to revv the car in the showroom when we had gone to book it.. and we obliged then! But once we had the beauty . the sheer music of the Jag V8 engine growwwling thru the 4 exhausts was just Rock'n Roll and much more. the car no doubt is a one to 'drive' not one to be 'driven' in by a chauffer. as most of the features like the 'control dial' rising up have been described I wont dwelve into it... but the XFR with it's red and black leather uphostlery really added to the sporty feel.. One other cool feature of the car was . on turns. an extra side lamp illuminates the turning side giving an illusion that we have a "L" shaped light beam. it was a first for me! The glove box release is a cool 'proximity sensor' spot where one just has to take a finger close to it and it releases. the other feature worth drooling was the 'Bowers & Wilkinson' sound system. that just rocks the car to a different dimension. unlike any of the others that I have experienced.. Will try and get to post some pictures and further updates as I get to feel the car on the expressway. especially the feel of a 'Supercharger' kicking in on a Petrol 5 litre V8!!
Old 28th August 2009, 19:14   #64
Team-BHP Support

Greasemonkey, i did see a Black XFR at kemps corner just a few days back -- and i wasn't a huge fan of the design when i saw launch pictures (seen mostly in silver), but this car surely did make my head turn!!

Try to get a video of her revving as well if possible!

cya
R
Old 29th August 2009, 10:17   #65
BHPian

Will surely try. This weekend seems to be tough with Ganpati and all but have it on my agenda for the coming weekend. and yes, The Black does make heads turn !!
Old 31st August 2009, 21:55   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Will surely try. This weekend seems to be tough with Ganpati and all but have it on my agenda for the coming weekend. and yes, The Black does make heads turn !!
the white ones got grace. I simply love the attention to detail on the jaaaag's. I just hope they bounce back to the spot they left long ago.
Old 19th December 2009, 10:36   #67
DNS
BHPian

According to me, the XF is going to grow into one of those cars that are more of a status symbol, a.k.a. driven by a driver; which is sad.

The XF-R on the other hand, being significantly more expensive will be saved from this. The only reason for it being so expensive is the duty on the 5.0 ltr. engine.

My father and my self test, both being mad car bawas, went straight for the XF-R, and it was MENTAL .

I have driven only a handful of such cars, and this comes in only after the C63 AMG, and the M3 CSL, both of which offer nothing but power, and are even more expensive.

Jaguar has found a balance of POWER, luxury and price here in India. No one else offers a 5.0 Ltr. Supercharged V8 at 1.10cr. on-road (Mumbai), and definitely not with this comfort and luxury.

If you got the money, this is what you spend it on. THE XF-R.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks