Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2009, 16:08   #31
Senior - BHPian

Pachchu, congratulations on your i20 AT, first on bhp.Waiting to hear more from that mill from you and initial response.Keep updating mate.
Old 20th August 2009, 16:24   #32
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Pachchu! i20 is really a looker. And with 1.4AT, its a killer combo. IMO, its the best package out there right now. ideal for city drives and nicely powered for highway drives.
Old 21st August 2009, 23:53   #33
BHPian

i caught the i20

@cblazer - replies to your queries -
i20 AT transmission is same as i10 AT transmission. dealer confirmed it. To my knowledge, this is same as Santro AT transmission.
Dealer quoted i20 1.4L AT mileage to be around 11 kmpl. I am guessing he is guessing, so I wouldn't rely on it.

No hiccups today except one - the sunfilm installation at front and rear windscreen had bubbles. So, Trident is sending 3M people to my home on monday to peel them off and apply new sunfilms.

After some haggling insurance from Bajaj Allianz came down to 14K compared to 24K from Trident. This difference alone paid for my sunfilm.

It rained heavily after we picked up the car, so no pics yet, just a teaser.

Few positives:

Brakes are really good and effortless. Gives lot of confidence. 1.4 AT has Disc brakes in front and back.

I am quite satisfied with suspension. Far better than my Santro. No issues going over speed breakers either. The ride is really smooth over minor-potholed roads. Santro gives a thud over speedbreakers, none of that in this.

With windows closed and engine running, the car is as quiet as Reva! Very pleasantly surprised.

Stock tires and alloys are good enough, not great. Apollo acceleres are very quiet and have excellent grip in rains. Tested it twice in heavy rains. So, dropping my earlier plans of switching to Michelin XM1+. Also thanks to Nikhil for unbiased advice.

Music system works like a charm with the USB stick. I had 6 folders with MP3 songs in each one of them and navigating to a song is very easy using the folder up/down and song up/down selection. Audio quality is great. Disclaimer: I'm not an audiophile i.e. don't have a keen ear to music.

And the most pleasant surprise of all - a well kept secret - the rear seats do fold completely flat, just like Honda Jazz. Not done as elegantly magic-seats of Jazz, but it is not difficult either. I will try and post a picture of this.

Few negatives:

Music system's USB interface doesn't work with iPod-Touch. The Aux is the only way to play music from iPod-Touch. In that case, you have to control the song selection from the iPod, not from your steering mounted controls.

Remote locking doesn't beep for locking and unlocking. Only the hazard light flashes once for locking and twice for unlocking.

Turning the ignition ON doesn't automatically lock the car. Similarly switching off the ignition or removing the key from ignition doesn't unlock the car. Locking/unlocking the car doors have to be done manually.

Left side blindspot is huge IMO. Mainly due to the pillar and also due to smaller rear-windows. So, be prepared to stretch your neck. I also felt the rear-view mirrors also give a smaller view compared to my Santro. Perhaps it's only a matter of adjusting.

Steering (yes for the 100th time on this forum) does not inspire confidence at all. I hope I adjust to it soon before I make any mistake.

No vanity mirror on visors.

Disabling passenger airbags in case passenger is not sitting is not easy to do sitting at the driver seat.

Briefly:
Inspite of few negatives, Overall a feeling of quality all around overwhelms you.

Hyundai i20 1.4L Petrol AT Initial Ownership Report-i20_indicator_crop.jpg

Last edited by pachchu : 21st August 2009 at 23:55.
Old 22nd August 2009, 00:06   #34
BHPian

Review that has been neatly written. congrats on your new purchase. need to know about the power of the 100horses. waiting for your review & few more pictures too.
Old 22nd August 2009, 00:36   #35
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Hi Pachchu,

Congrats on owing the blue beauty.

I am sure it is way better than the Santro AT even though the auto tranny is the same. Does it have an overdrive ON/OFF switch?

Safe and happy driving. Looking forward to see the photos... post them soon.
Old 22nd August 2009, 00:44   #36
Senior - BHPian

Great Car dude.... Congratulations. Got my i20 CRDi last week and am discovering new things about it everyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachchu View Post
To my knowledge, this is same as Santro AT transmission.
Santro's transmission can handle the 1.4 L 's torque and hp??
Old 22nd August 2009, 01:03   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Congrats on the AT i20 pachchu.
The wait until Friday will be worth it! (secretly wishing that it will not be Saturday!)

This seems to be the usual case with all the RTOs! Similar thing happened when Fiesta 1.6S was launched! RTO was not aware of the variant and registered my friend's car as Sxi!
Oh man, Tell me about it! My Santro XL AT was registered as Just Santro XL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Great Car dude.... Congratulations. Got my i20 CRDi last week and am discovering new things about it everyday!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Santro's transmission can handle the 1.4 L 's torque and hp??
I am not sure but I think even Verna AT uses the same gear box, so it must be able to handle it

Great dude! Really excited about the top of the line 100 BHP i20 AT. Excited very much to see another fellow Santro AT like me. i20 AT had tempted me very much, until you said the thing about the steering, I really hope it's just a case of adjusting

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th August 2009 at 14:41. Reason: Please read the note in post, thanks
Old 22nd August 2009, 01:09   #38
BHPian

awesome. waiting for pics. especially the gear lever. heheh i think its finished with chrome and leather. sounds classy,plz take pics of the flat folding seats, the sunroof too .

Last edited by Caramelo : 22nd August 2009 at 01:12.
Old 22nd August 2009, 01:09   #39
BHPian

Congrats!

Hey, thanks Pachchu. And congrats on taking delivery of the i20 Auto - the first one on the forum.

We'll take your word on the FE

I could be wrong, but I thought the Santro AT had a 3 speed box and i10 AT had a 4 speed one. I also read in an ACI TD report that the Verna CRDI AT uses the same i10 box with different ratios. So I assumed the i20 would be using the same. Eargerly awaiting some feedback from you about how the box and engine perform.

I've read about the steering issue earlier. Is this a concern even at city speeds?

Quote:
@cblazer - replies to your queries -
i20 AT transmission is same as i10 AT transmission. dealer confirmed it. To my knowledge, this is same as Santro AT transmission.
Dealer quoted i20 1.4L AT mileage to be around 11 kmpl. I am guessing he is guessing, so I wouldn't rely on it.

Steering (yes for the 100th time on this forum) does not inspire confidence at all. I hope I adjust to it soon before I make any mistake.
Old 22nd August 2009, 01:12   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
I could be wrong, but I thought the Santro AT had a 3 speed box and i10 AT had a 4 speed one.
No CBlazer, the Santro AT which I own, uses a 4-speed auto transmission ( with overdrive). The Wagon R , uses a 3-speed 'box

Last edited by rageshgr : 22nd August 2009 at 01:14.
Old 22nd August 2009, 13:38   #41
BHPian

1st batch of pics attached

I haven't taken too many interior pics due to the plastic sheet still on it. I am retaining the plastic sheet until the 3M people fix the sunfilm in the front and rear. In any case, mostly we will upgrade the seats to art-leather. I will post interior pics then.

Hyundai i20 1.4L Petrol AT Initial Ownership Report-i20_mirror_crop.jpg
Hyundai i20 1.4L Petrol AT Initial Ownership Report-i20_rear_right.jpg

AT gearshift (with overdrive)
Hyundai i20 1.4L Petrol AT Initial Ownership Report-i20_at_gearshift.jpg

Flat folding rear seats.
Hyundai i20 1.4L Petrol AT Initial Ownership Report-i20_flat_seat_crop.jpg
Hyundai i20 1.4L Petrol AT Initial Ownership Report-i20_flat_seat_rear.jpg

Hyundai i20 1.4L Petrol AT Initial Ownership Report-i20_rear.jpg
Right turn indicator
Hyundai i20 1.4L Petrol AT Initial Ownership Report-i20_indicator.jpg

Last edited by pachchu : 22nd August 2009 at 13:41.
Old 22nd August 2009, 13:50   #42
BHPian

Great pics dude! I first saw i20 in blue as fell in love. That photo with the cars reflection in water is too good!
Old 22nd August 2009, 13:59   #43
Senior - BHPian

many congratulations again on your korean beauty, looks cool in that shade.Keep updating.
Old 22nd August 2009, 16:15   #44
BHPian

Quote:
I haven't taken too many interior pics due to the plastic sheet still on it. I am retaining the plastic sheet until the 3M people fix the sunfilm in the front and rear. In any case, mostly we will upgrade the seats to art-leather. I will post interior pics then.
Congrats on the 1st i20 Auto on the forum. Blue & white look best on the i20. One must add that you have a great knack for photography. Do keep us posted on the ownership experience.
Old 22nd August 2009, 17:20   #45
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Congratulations.

When you are settled down, do write what is written about the 'overdrive' in the owner's manual.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks