Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2009, 01:02   #91
BHPian

mileage update

mileage

got 452KMs/(37+9.86L) = 9.6KMpl. This is with 80% in the city, 20% on highway. But when I was on highway, I had 5-6 people in the car.

Total KMs driven - nearly 1000KMs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Now thats scary, real scary. Was that a one way road with dividers or just a normal road with 2 / 4 lanes marked (painted)? I guess you need to be VERY cautious to try that again on the second type of road.
transmission

it was a 2-lane undivided road, but completely barren, so not a risky overtake. definitely, it's risky when there's oncoming traffic.

I am disappointed with the auto gear-shifting at lower speeds. even if there is a slightest of uphills, it takes a long time to upshift and pick up speed.

my 1 month service is due this week. more updates after that.
Old 1st October 2009, 00:00   #92
BHPian

Can you comment how many airbags it has? When I enquired about AT(O) they told 8 but as per website 6 only.
Old 1st October 2009, 00:14   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
Can you comment how many airbags it has? When I enquired about AT(O) they told 8 but as per website 6 only.
In the Asta(O) the airbags come from 10 points

Steering-1
Above the glove box- 1
A Pillars- 2
B Pillars- 2
C Pillars- 2
Driver seat- 1
passenger seat- 1

That makes it 10, but the Ones on the pillars are considered as one unit, so it becomes 6.

The asta has just the first 2.
Old 1st October 2009, 00:32   #94
BANNED

Total Six airbags in i20 Asta (O)
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 1.4L Petrol AT Initial Ownership Report-main.jpg  

Old 1st October 2009, 10:43   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
In the Asta(O) the airbags come from 10 points

Steering-1
Above the glove box- 1
A Pillars- 2
B Pillars- 2
C Pillars- 2
Driver seat- 1
passenger seat- 1

That makes it 10, but the Ones on the pillars are considered as one unit, so it becomes 6.

The asta has just the first 2.
Okay, This is what I am missing I guess. When I looked in the car, they have 'Airbag' signs at 8 points which I observed.. I would rather call points..

Does it mean those are the places airbags get populated???

Pardon my knowledge.
Old 5th October 2009, 21:32   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachchu View Post
mileage

got 452KMs/(37+9.86L) = 9.6KMpl. This is with 80% in the city, 20% on highway. But when I was on highway, I had 5-6 people in the car.

Total KMs driven - nearly 1000KMs.

transmission

it was a 2-lane undivided road, but completely barren, so not a risky overtake. definitely, it's risky when there's oncoming traffic.

I am disappointed with the auto gear-shifting at lower speeds. even if there is a slightest of uphills, it takes a long time to upshift and pick up speed.

my 1 month service is due this week. more updates after that.
Hi Pachu

Any updates after the first service. Is the gear shifting better now.

rgds
Old 5th October 2009, 21:45   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
Hi Pachu

Any updates after the first service. Is the gear shifting better now.

rgds
haven't given for servicing yet. I've been busy with an upcoming travel (3 weeks) coming up this week and won't have the time to get it serviced before I go.

hope they don't void my warranty.
Old 28th October 2009, 16:11   #98
BANNED

any updates now on transmssion?
Old 31st October 2009, 03:42   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
any updates now on transmssion?
I'm out of country for another month or so. More updates when I'm back.

On a different note, it's good to see a blue-i20 amongst the team-bhp banner cars.
Old 9th November 2009, 17:19   #100
Senior - BHPian

Seat covers are really. How much did you dough?
Sorry I haven't gone through the entire thread.
Old 15th November 2009, 15:45   #101

Hey people!
Got my i20 Asta AT after 51 days of waiting period. apparently there is a delay due to excess demand. I should say am quite impressed with the performance. Once you get used to the mode of AT this machine rocks. Am not sure how many people would agree to the pricing factor. I had the same issues earlier. The top end of i20 petrol Manual would cost almost 6.4 OR(approx) in south India. this uses a 1.2L engine meanwhile the AT comes with a 1.4L.
The safety standards set in this machine is worth exploring. it comes with 2 airbags, 1 on the steering and the other for the passenger in the front. The collapsible engine is also an added safety feature. I didn't go in for the one with the 6 airbag as my usage is gonna be restricted to city usage and don't think so much of protection is required in snails pace cities.
The front airbag can be locked too if required and if a co passenger is not along which is really appreciated. Considering the cost of fixing back the bags, I think this is brilliant.
Now on the performance front, this machine is very powerful with a 100 PS. The moment you floor the pedal, it takes u for the power ride. the point is sync with the pedal to get the gears function in a fashion. For better economy the systematic way of flooring the pedal would always help. Inconsistent flooring would get you to take rides back to the gas stations frequently.
I don't particularly like the feel of the suspension. Something the Hyundai people haven't worked on in their small and medium seg cars yet. Riding through scrambled tarred roads would give you the feel that this could have been an easier ride had it been Honda or Toyota.
Economy is something that i need to check once i empty my first full load of fuel. I have just completed 240 kms and it gives me the feel that I am draining a lot too soon.
Thats for now. Rest soon.

Cheers

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Dippy : 16th November 2009 at 12:45. Reason: See note in post.
Old 4th February 2010, 18:15   #102
Senior - BHPian

i guess i am a little late on posting but nonetheless , people seem quite eager to know about the i20 1.4 AT's highway capabilities ( overtaking, responses at speed etc). I own a white i20 1.4 petrol since september 09 and its basically for my dad to move around in Mumbai's traffic without the consistent clutch-brake headaches, hence i have not driven around much in it. 2nd January 2010 was my first ever highway drive in this car and the conditions were perfect....ideal for going fast ..for starts, i was alone..lol, i was in pune and had to reach Mumbai as soon as possible for commitments. I entered the pune end of the expressway at 6:55am and thats when the fun started. Let me first clear all doubts, the 1.4 is ABSOLUTELY AT EASE at speeds above 140 kph. I didnot floor it completely as the car is still quite new but here is what happened. I saw an Audi at a distance and wished to figure out which variant of the A6 was it so decided to speed up. i stepped on it, later managed to findout that it was a 3.0 tdi. I did wonder howcome i was managing to keep up with him when he should be disappearing into the horizon by now and thats when i looked at the speedo and realized that i was at 167-168 khp. the accelarator obviously had a lot more to go and even at speeds of 160 + i didnot feel particularly unsafe. The car ,if pushed has plenty of power for a car of its size and though that Audi did eventually get sick of seeing a pest in its rear view mirror and made me eat its dust ! ( obviously !! lol ! he wouldnt be caught dead racing an i20 !!!! :P ) ,be rest assured , this car is well capable of keeping, swifts, ritzs , Dzires ,grande puntos and alike strictly in its rear view mirror.
Secondly, overtaking is not an issue in this car once u learn the quickly downshifting technique. What i mean is , as far as power is concerned , it will never be an issue with this car while overtaking....far from it.
In this trip i described, i was in a hurry and hence was maintaining consistant speeds of around 140 odd kph with a few bursts to 165 + kph. I touched 170kph & as said earlier i didnot floor it. Quite obviously in this particular burst from pune to mumbai the fuel efficiency went for a toss. But otherwise, pacchus's mileage figures are more or less accurate as they are around the same that my dad usually records with a combo of city as well as highway drives .

I hope this lays to rest all doubts about the 1.4's highspeed capability or manouverabilty and ability to overtake at highway speeds.

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 4th February 2010 at 18:18.
Old 11th March 2010, 09:51   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi pachchu: Read the whole thread with interest after being referred here from this thread, where I had been researching a suitable car for a friend. Would you like to update us further about your ownership experience over the last 4+ months? Your comments and experiences till now would help my friend decide further.

Also, inputs from Anford & Platzda Turbo regarding their ownership experiences would also be sought after.
Old 11th March 2010, 13:22   #104
BHPian

@SS - I have been out of town/country since Oct'09. I will be back next week and should have any updates after that. As of the now, the blue-magic (my i20) stands in my parking lot with battery disconnected and tyres slightly over-inflated to compensate for any slow leakage. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Hi pachchu: Read the whole thread with interest after being referred here from this thread, where I had been researching a suitable car for a friend. Would you like to update us further about your ownership experience over the last 4+ months? Your comments and experiences till now would help my friend decide further.

Also, inputs from Anford & Platzda Turbo regarding their ownership experiences would also be sought after.
Old 11th March 2010, 15:02   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachchu View Post
I will be back next week and should have any updates after that.
Thank you for the prompt reply. Shall look forward to those updates.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks