Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2009, 23:26   #46
Senior - BHPian

Awesome colour !! Sparkle blue was my first choice but Dad wanted a sober colour, so finalized on white.
Old 23rd August 2009, 00:05   #47
BHPian

oh man its so beautiful. and that auto gear lever is so classy. bling bling really premium car feel!!

but what about the sunroof? did you get the asta or the asta (o)? anyways congratulations again. its simply stunning. and very nice color.

Last edited by Caramelo : 23rd August 2009 at 00:07.
Old 24th August 2009, 11:19   #48
BHPian

Congrats again Pachchu, Nice pics and good review of the car. From the pics, i am not able to get how the rear seats fold, in the pic, the headrest is facing backwards. I am a bit confused on that, is the folding fairly simple?
Old 24th August 2009, 13:40   #49
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
Congrats again Pachchu, Nice pics and good review of the car. From the pics, i am not able to get how the rear seats fold, in the pic, the headrest is facing backwards. I am a bit confused on that, is the folding fairly simple?
If I am not mistaken, the head rests have been removed and placed there.

The folding should be simple. The seat base is tilted forwards against the front seats first. The head rests are removed and the back rest is just folded forwards and fills the place where the seat base would have been!
Old 24th August 2009, 13:52   #50
BHPian

Wow Pachchu! thats a wonderful blue beauty you got. So now you have a house with automatics only

BTW the reflection thing was really a photographer's moment.
Old 24th August 2009, 14:11   #51
Senior - BHPian

Great looking car. Congrats! How is the sound quality of the stock ICE.. does it jar?
Old 24th August 2009, 14:39   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Great looking car. Congrats! How is the sound quality of the stock ICE.. does it jar?
stock ICE is good. I like it. Not the best, I would say. The punch needed in the bass is missing. I guess the dia of the back speakers can be a little bigger. I haven't heard jarring yet, but then I haven't cranked it up either. At the volumes that I listen in (which is low to medium volume), it has held up very nicely. Since the cabin is quiet, the music fills up the cabin well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaglaGoru View Post
Wow Pachchu! thats a wonderful blue beauty you got. So now you have a house with automatics only

BTW the reflection thing was really a photographer's moment.
thanks. Little things you do to keep your wife mobile and happy as a result. Another way to look at it is, you buy your independence by choosing an automatic bcos then you don't have to drive your wife around everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

If I am not mistaken,the headrests have been removed and placed there.

The folding should be simple. The seat base is tilted forwards against the front seats first. The head rests are removed and the back rest is just folded forwards and fills the place where the seat base would have been!
trrk answers rightly above. The headrests have been removed and the folding mechanism is same as what trrk has described. Takes less than 5 seconds. Clearer pictures will be posted after the seatcover upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
oh man its so beautiful. and that auto gear lever is so classy. bling bling really premium car feel!!

but what about the sunroof? did you get the asta or the asta (o)? anyways congratulations again. its simply stunning. and very nice color.
It is indeed a premium car feeling. I don't like the stock seating fabric much, so on wednesday, I am getting it changed to art-leather two-tone beige combination from Karlsson. I will post more interior pics after that.

I got the asta not the asta(o). Asta(o) was almost 50k more dearer to the pocket. I was not particular about sunroof and the additional airbags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Awesome colour !! Sparkle blue was my first choice but Dad wanted a sober colour, so finalized on white.
My wife's choice was white, but then I ruled it out as we have a white Reva already. Later when I was told that it will take 6-7 weeks for delivery, I reluctantly told the dealer to get me either blue or white, whichever comes first. Fortunately, the blue came first (er... the silky beige came first, but I declined it).

White also looks classy. White and the berry red are the only two other colors that I like in i20.
Old 28th August 2009, 14:18   #53
BHPian

Please provide a short review of your experience so far on this car. How is the engine? What is the FE you are getting? Did you happen to compare it with 1.2 Petrol?
Old 28th August 2009, 14:31   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
Please provide a short review of your experience so far on this car. How is the engine? What is the FE you are getting? Did you happen to compare it with 1.2 Petrol?
I know lot of people are keen on the i20 AT review.

I'll wait to complete 500 kms (@ 200kms now) before a review. Hopefully by next weekend if I make a Mysore trip next weekend.

First FE has come to approx 8kmpl (76km/9.86L) completely in city with A/C on.
Old 28th August 2009, 19:27   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'll wait to complete 500 kms (@ 200kms now) before a review. Hopefully by next weekend if I make a Mysore trip next weekend.

First FE has come to approx 8kmpl (76km/9.86L) completely in city with A/C on.
I'm one of them. Now that my 1.2 booking is cancelled, we're going to give the automatic a serious thought in the next couple of weeks, and your FE figures will be a big deciding factor. So please do let us know how you fared on the FE front with your first tankful, whether it was city / highway / combined, and what your driving style was like (extremely light-footed / average / rev-happy). Thanks!
Old 28th August 2009, 19:45   #56
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations pachchu

The first i20 AT on the forum. I was looking forward to this. Apt choice of colour, the car loos great. I also like the finishing of the gear lever. It gives it a very very upmarlet feel.

Hope you make that Mysore trip you mentioned so that we can have an initial ownership review from you. Do post your feedback on the handling, the drive and of course the FE.

Have fun
Old 4th September 2009, 11:27   #57
BANNED

@pachchu

Congrats on your new buy.Can you post the after installation pictures of the 3M CR 70 (from inside and Out side of the same doors) as i m zeroing on either V-KOOL or 3M
Old 4th September 2009, 12:22   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
@pachchu

Congrats on your new buy.Can you post the after installation pictures of the 3M CR 70 (from inside and Out side of the same doors) as i m zeroing on either V-KOOL or 3M
I have used CR70 for front windshield only, not for the doors. Doors are RE35. Do you still want the pics? Which ones?

Check Sawyer's i20 thread posts. He has an opinion on V-Kool vs 3M.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1380413

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1380334
Old 4th September 2009, 14:19   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
@pachchu

here's a picture I took from my mobile phone when they were re-installing the rear-door sunfilm.

in this picture, the front door has the sunfilm (RE35), the rear doesn't.
Hyundai i20 1.4L Petrol AT Initial Ownership Report-25082009129.jpg
Old 4th September 2009, 15:10   #60
BHPian

Congratulations pachchu !!!
Its better late than never.
It surely looks gorgeous in blue colour, I am look forward to your driving experience, I took TD of i10, but that dragged itself like an alligator. i20 is much more powerful and capable machine, though its bit heavier as well. More how do you find the steering now ?
So please pour in your riding experience

Most Viewed