Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2012, 12:25   #796
BHPian

Re: 30000 K.M - 3rd Paid Service Update

My 2009 Asta completed 30000 kms last month. Regarding pulling to left, that is another universal problem which Hyundai has not been able to sort out. I am facing this problem since 2 yrs, and even after getting wheel balancing/alignment done multiple times, this problem has not gone away. I guess this means this is not a problem with tyres or alignment, but wearing of some other part.

[quote=wildon;2700417]Its 30009k.m on odo and time for 3rd Paid service.

Problems Reported:

1. Steering Noise - Kudos to Hyundai for not solving this yet.
2. Vehicle Pulling left
3. Rattle sound from Front Left door
4. Rear Wiper fix (some one has twisted it when i parked at home)
5. Rattle sound from Dash board
6. knocking , missing acceleration sometimes.
Old 9th March 2012, 14:29   #797
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Its 30009k.m on odo and time for 3rd Paid service.

Problems Reported:

1. Steering Noise - Kudos to Hyundai for not solving this yet.
2. Vehicle Pulling left

When Hyundai dont have the solution and are not even bothering to find a solutions no amount of replacing the bushes will help.Its a design defect.

I hope they have solved this problem in the facelift i20. If they have not then hyundai has stooped down to ridiculous levels! Would be a shame on them! Then Hyundai should update its tag line to-"Our cars are like dolls,please take good care of them,Drive them only on Good roads!".

Regarding the left pulling problem, Can you post your cars latest alignment report here?Maybe we can get something after seeing the report?
Old 14th March 2012, 02:11   #798
BHPian

Re: Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2

Hey Sohail..
I just purchased the Kahtec Blinking Brake light Delay version. Can you kindly guide me with the installation procedure. If you can provide pictures that would be really awesome. I am no expert so some pictorial guidance from you will be truly appreciated.
Thanks.
Deepak
Old 15th March 2012, 16:46   #799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
Hey Sohail..
I just purchased the Kahtec Blinking Brake light Delay version. Can you kindly guide me with the installation procedure. If you can provide pictures that would be really awesome. I am no expert so some pictorial guidance from you will be truly appreciated.
Thanks.
Deepak
You should get a circuit diagram with the module along with a few red 3M scotch locks. You can take the 3rd brake lamp out and compare the wiring, the scotch locks can tap into existing wiring without cutting them!!

Its very easy and I was able to do it under 5 mins.

If you want to know how to remove the high mount stop lamp, its in the i20's owner manual on page 7/74 under Maintenance section!

Do post pics!
sohail99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2012, 08:30   #800
BANNED

Quote:
Done a 1500 K.M after the service so far.

1. Steering rattle is back.
As usual Hyundai Service Center called up for inspecting the car again( They are masters init). The Manager sat inside the car , Started the car and turned the steering then looked at me and said;

Sir, the rattling is there.

I asked asked him after repeated replacements of parts and all the methods they have tried why the rattling is coming back ? As expected there is no answer from him.

Please be noted that the rattling was present even while just turning the steering and the car is not even driven out from the service center.
Old 20th March 2012, 08:35   #801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As usual Hyundai Service Center called up for inspecting the car again( They are masters init). The Manager sat inside the car , Started the car and turned the steering then looked at me and said;

I asked asked him after repeated replacements of parts and all the methods they have tried why the rattling is coming back ? As expected there is no answer from him.

Please be noted that the rattling was present even while just turning the steering and the car is not even driven out from the service center.
Was the steering rack replaced under warranty or just the bushes ?

I think you should push for replacement of the entire steering rack assembly than just the bushes.
Old 20th March 2012, 09:11   #802
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Was the steering rack replaced under warranty or just the bushes ?

I think you should push for replacement of the entire steering rack assembly than just the bushes.
Following are the things changed till now without any success.

Gear Assembly- Steering (Twice Replaced), Universal Joint, Insulator Assy- Struts, Yoke Pad & Yoke Spring, Field Fix Kit (some bushes)
Old 20th March 2012, 13:00   #803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Wildon,
Off the record, the service centre chaps have admitted that the rattle is due to design flaw. In the steering system's current state, the rattle cannot be fixed *permanently*. To make one happy, they could tighten up a few things and make the rattle go away for some time, but it will be back soon.

Also, they said that the rattle can only be identified by those who know what to look for. They also said that he rattle is present in most i20s, but it actually depends on the driver/owner whether he identifies the rattle or not. One of them even said if their friends/relatives wanted to buy an i10/i20, they would advise them to stay away from the cars. Try speaking to any ex-Hyundai mechanic and he would tell you the entire truth about i20's horrible steering.
Old 24th March 2012, 19:58   #804
BHPian

Its sad to say that my rear Left and Right ABS Sensors gone. My warranty expired on March 14th and the incident happened 2 weeks prior to the expiry. I was lucky enough or else i would have ripped off 12k minimum.
Old 4th June 2012, 09:53   #805
BHPian

@wildon - If one's running is not much, what should be the frequency of paid services? I went through the manual and (on pg. 275), the service intervals are written as 12, 24, 36 months (and so on). Should we just service once a year? The service center insists on 6 monthly interval. Mine is due to complete 24 months in mid-June and I've serviced about 6 months back. I am going to go for another paid service in a couple of days. But post that I am thinking of just doing servicing once a year. Will that be okay?
Old 12th September 2012, 21:24   #806
kcz
BHPian

can someone tell me how i can verify the steering rattle in i20? I have an iGen i20 CRDI which has done around 1450km and the steering seems to be making a 'click' sound while at low speeds while turning from left to right. It just started yesterday and wildon also seems to have reporting similar noise in his car a while back.

Any inputs?

Thanks,
Kiran
Old 13th September 2012, 15:22   #807
BHPian

Try and drive your car over uneven roads (e.g loosely laid out paver blocks) at low speeds and the steering rack at it's lowest setting. As the wheels are turning, you should be hearing (or rather feeling) a clicking sound through your steering. Your co-passenger may not hear this but you as a driver would definitely know it exists.
kalpeshc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2012, 03:16   #808
BHPian

Hi all, nice thread here, even i have bought a pre loved hyundai i20 1.2 asta (the one with 6 airbags but no sunroof), its a 2009 model with 45k clicks on the odo, car is in a neat condition with full service history and drives very nice, even with this kind of mileage on the odo the car is very silent, there is steering rattle when driven on a very bad patch of road if driven slow on such roads there is no rattle heard, have driven a 1000 kms in a week now, steering is not to my liking is very light and is sort of vague i.e. no feel/feedback to it ,not a drivers car is all i can say although the engine is revvy(dohc and variable valve timing system at work), ac is weak for a car this size but then i hardly use ac, just wanted to ask a few questions wanted to know the price of the clutch, brake pads, oil and fuel filter prices and can one install leather seat covers on the seats with airbags.
Old 17th September 2012, 12:25   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
Hi all, nice thread here, even i have bought a pre loved hyundai i20 1.2 asta (the one with 6 airbags but no sunroof), its a 2009 model with 45k clicks on the odo, car

there is steering rattle when driven on a very bad patch of road if driven slow on such roads there is no rattle heard, have driven a 1000 kms in a week now, steering is not to my liking is very light and is sort of vague i.e. no feel/feedback to it ,not a drivers car is all i can say although the engine is revvy(dohc and variable valve timing system at work)
Your experience reaffirms the reason for steering rattle: i.e. driving hard on poor roads. I read a 'theory' elsewhere that the rattles were due to excessive steering on a stationary car.

BTW - 2009 model does not have VVT.
Old 17th September 2012, 21:19   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya101 View Post
Your experience reaffirms the reason for steering rattle: i.e. driving hard on poor roads. I read a 'theory' elsewhere that the rattles were due to excessive steering on a stationary car.

BTW - 2009 model does not have VVT.
My bad maybe it doesnt but the way it goes after 3000rpm makes me feel that it was equipped with vvt system, but alot of reviews on the net do say that it has an inlet vvti system and the newer ones have exaust and inlet vvti also.

to be honest if one turns up the volume a bit the rattles cannot be heard at all, if one moves from a maruti to a hyundai then for sure one can live with this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks