Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2009, 12:26   #31
Senior - BHPian

Correct. It comes with a USB only headunit.

@Mev : Good to hear you are having fun with the car.
Old 30th October 2009, 20:54   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
Nice work Mevtec. An exhaustive unbiased report. Now I am a bit inclined towards ANHC. If I read it correctly, it does not come with CD player. Is it true ?
Hi DigitalD.
Thank you for the nice words.The car dosent have a Cd player.But it has Usb drive slot and a Aux input. There is a built in Amp.I have all my songs as MP3,so the absence of cd player is not a problem.The steering mounted audio controls are nice.It is easy to access folders and songs.

The system sounds very good for a moderate audiophile like me.There is no loss of quality even when we play Mp3(unlike in pio 3050).Please make sure to listen to the system during the test drive.

Please dont get biased based on my report.Drive it over the "Bangalore Speed breakers" before taking the decision.In kerala the ground clearance not much of a problem.You have to be a bit careful over big speed breakers.I feel it is similar to NHC.

Quote:
ImmortalZ;1556938
@Mev : Good to hear you are having fun with the car.
Yes ImmortalZ.I'm lovin' It

Last edited by Mevtec : 30th October 2009 at 20:57.
Old 1st January 2010, 00:02   #33
BHPian

NHC,DDis and ANHC post 11,000 km,including mileage.

Dear friends after seeing many initial ANHC reviews I am forced to join the initial ownership report.

The car has crossed 11,000 km.The car is very good.

The ownership experience much better in comparison to the other cars at home - NHC(2004,30,000km) and Swift Vdi(08,12000km)

Some thoughts at 11,000km.

1,The 1.5 iVTEC is a gem.Honda could have retained the IDSI and could have sold city at a lower cost.

I thank Honda for launching iVTEC and safety features for all the city varients.

2,After sales service of Peninsular Honda,Trivandrum is very good like their Cochin service centre.Cost of service is reasonable.They check everything required even in free service.Many times better than our experience with Maruthi service centres so far.

Initial two service - Service cost - nil.
Third service with oil change - Rs.2102.00
Will upload the invoice.

Our NHC went for 30,000 km service in Cochin (Peninsular Honda) after one year .Since it took nearly a year to cover 5500 km.The car is running like new.Dont worry very much about the 5000km service interval.The service centre is open on Sundays also.

3,Sunfilms - I am satisfied with the garware Ice cool Grand and Ice cool Shield in the wind shield.No visibility problems.But there are very small air bubbles in the wind shield.

4,Xenos Reverse sensor (4 sensors) with beep at Rs.3800,installed at Honda service centre works flawlessly.

5,Accidents - Hit by two wheelers twice .By Gods grace only minor scratches.One hit was in the rear.

Guys please be careful I am seeing lot of ANHC's with dents in the rear bumper in the service station.Fast accelaration and excellent braking may be the reason.

Another bike at a signal hit the side mirrior.But the ability of mirror to fold outwards prevented damage to the mirror.

6,Valet Parking - friends be careful!.The engine is very silent.If you give the car to the valet with engine running it is likely that he will crank it.It happened to me twice.

7,Mileage - Post Third sevice.Tankful to tankful method
372 km.60%Highway and 40% City (TVM) - needed 27 liters
Extra premuim Petrol IOC.

372/27 - 13.77 km/l

Post Fourth Service (50% City) 282.7 km /22 L = 12.85 km/l

Error of on board mileage calculator - over estimates by about 2 km/l.

8.Ground clearance - one has to be careful.It is similar to NHC.In ANHC engine is placed at a higher level.So no need for engine guard which was available for NHC as an accessory.But GC is not a significant problem in Trivandrum.

9,ICE - very good.As a moderate audiophile I am satisfied.Never missed the Cd player.

10,AC- Very good.Glass area is very large and acute angled wind screen makes good quality sunfilm a necessity.

Overall experience
- till now 9/10.Only defects were some loss of paint in the key and steering audio controls (? due to my constant fiddling).

I am also posting two pictures of the Swift modified (externally) by my younger brother.

Hope this was useful.
Shall update on ANHC on a new thread in long term ownership reviews.

WISH YOU ALL a "Great 2010"
Attached Thumbnails
Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-front-mirror.jpg  

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-invoice.jpg  

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-ododmeter.jpg  

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-only-defects.jpg  

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-sun-film.jpg  

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-sun-film-2.jpg  

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-tail-city.jpg  

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-top.jpg  

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-swift-1.jpg  

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-swift-2.jpg  

Old 1st January 2010, 17:38   #34
BHPian

Hi Mevtec,
You mean the second service (5000km), which you did in June (your invoice scan) costed around Rs. 2000. First service is free (is it correct?). What about 10000 kms service costs? Please let us know.
Old 1st January 2010, 21:31   #35
BHPian

Sorry for the confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
Hi Mevtec,
You mean the second service (5000km), which you did in June (your invoice scan) costed around Rs. 2000. First service is free (is it correct?). What about 10000 kms service costs? Please let us know.
First service (1221 km) cost = Rs.0.00

Second service (3319km) (Oil change and Washer drain charge) = Rs.2102.00
invoice provided above

Third Service (7563 km) = Rs 0.00

All free services (3) were satisfactory - washed the car well,cleaned the brakes,topped up all fluids etc.

Fourth Service - Paid service (11443 km) = Rs 3769.00 (Invoice provided)

Those who follow the thread please scrap some comment.
Attached Thumbnails
Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-maintenence-schedule-1.jpg  

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-maintenence-schedule-2.jpg  

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-fourth-service-2d.jpg  

Old 1st January 2010, 22:24   #36
BHPian

Mevtec,
Thanks for clearing. Now, I have a doubt regarding service schedule. I thought the service interval will be 5000 kms or 6 months (as stated in the service maintenance schedule). But your invoice says next service should be after three months or 5,000 kms. I am confused, which should be followed.
Old 2nd January 2010, 06:30   #37
BHPian

Synthetic oil every 5k kms?

I was a little surprised to see Synthetic oil billed in your invoice, is that recommended by Honda or was it done by your service station. Its expensive to change Synthetic oil every 5k kms and these oils should typically last more than 5000 kms.
Old 2nd January 2010, 12:49   #38
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
Mevtec,
Thanks for clearing. Now, I have a doubt regarding service schedule. I thought the service interval will be 5000 kms or 6 months (as stated in the service maintenance schedule). But your invoice says next service should be after three months or 5,000 kms. I am confused, which should be followed.
The Honda software puts it at default as 3 months or 5000kms though it is printed as 5000kms or 6 months. Though I get a phone call when the three months are up, I tell them that I will follow the printed schedule and they have accepted so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thangu View Post
I was a little surprised to see Synthetic oil billed in your invoice, is that recommended by Honda or was it done by your service station. Its expensive to change Synthetic oil every 5k kms and these oils should typically last more than 5000 kms.
That is Honda for you. They insist on synthetic especially for the new IVTEC engines and a change evry 5000kms for the City whereas it is evry 10000kms for the Civic. They use the same oil.

Here they insist that even the NHCs use the same oil and change at every 5000kms.

And Honda directly does not answer your queries and it is through the dealer and so cannot even clarify with them.
Old 2nd January 2010, 15:12   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

The Honda software puts it at default as 3 months or 5000kms though it is printed as 5000kms or 6 months. Though I get a phone call when the three months are up, I tell them that I will follow the printed schedule and they have accepted so far.

That is Honda for you. They insist on synthetic especially for the new IVTEC engines and a change evry 5000kms for the City whereas it is evry 10000kms for the Civic. They use the same oil.

Here they insist that even the NHCs use the same oil and change at every 5000kms.

And Honda directly does not answer your queries and it is through the dealer and so cannot even clarify with them.
Thank you trrk for the clarification .I also think service intervals can be extented to 10,000 km.

I have clarified some things with Service Engineer today

1,If you look in the maintenence schedule there are a few things to be visually inspected at 3 months.May be a marketing trick.But Honda dosen't insist on it.

2,Our NHC's Oil was changed to Synthetic during last service!(Peninsular Honda,Cochin)

But the car was taken to service by our part time driver.I think they may have suggested synthetic to him and might have he agreed to it.I need to clarify.

After that I called both Cochin and TVM.Both are saying they dont insist on Synthetic.At next service the usual oil can be used.But Synthetic is the recommended oil for iVTEC.Now all new Honda cars are iVTEC.So they are promoting synthetic oil.After a few months Honda approved Mineral oil may not be available in Honda service centres.

I think NHC owners should clarify this with Honda.Converting to synthetic oil will increase the running cost of NHC.

Our NHC runs less than 7000km per year.It has been serviced only twice last year .It is out of the warranty period.So it dosent matter much.

ANHC is running about 1200 to 1500 km per month.So I prefer a check up at 5000 km.But oil change should have been at 10,000km intervals.

Please note there is a difference in service intervals among Honda cars.(Document attached)
Attached Thumbnails
Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-service-schedule-4.jpg  

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-maintenence-schedule-5.jpg  

Old 2nd January 2010, 17:52   #40
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevtec View Post
2,Our NHC's Oil was changed to Synthetic during last service!(Peninsular Honda,Cochin)
But the car was taken to service by our part time driver.I think they may have suggested synthetic to him and might have he agreed to it.I need to clarify.
Don't blame your part time driver. I take my car for every service.

Last time, he inissted that only synthetic is available and Honda insists on it.

The last time I raised a query with Honda, I got a call from Honda office to confirm the query and that I will get an answer in a day or two.

The answer actually came from the dealer and later I understood that the particular service advisor was blamed for not clarifying things with me. When I went for the next service, that advisor was no longer with them.

Having shifted to Honda for the automatic and since there is no alternative for our parameters, I have to hold on to it. This is a rare occaion where I own a discontinued model. Usually I don't get myself into that position.

More than the expense, it is the sheer waste of scarce and expensive resources that bothers me. When that same oil works for 10000kms in another model, why not in City?

All the other checks every 3 months is just a way to increase the service centre revenues.

Worse case scenario, I will forego the extended warranty!
Old 4th January 2010, 09:38   #41
BHPian

Quote:

Last time, he insisted that only synthetic is available and Honda insists on it.

Having shifted to Honda for the automatic and since there is no alternative for our parameters, I have to hold on to it. This is a rare occaion where I own a discontinued model. Usually I don't get myself into that position.

All the other checks every 3 months is just a way to increase the service centre revenues.

Worse case scenario, I will forego the extended warranty!
I agree with you.NHC Automatic is a great car.I think IDSI engine is one of the best engines of Honda with respect to refinement ,fuel efficiency and drivability.I feel you should not sell the car even though the model has been discontinued.You can keep the car as may be second or third car when you upgrade.

Recently my father remarked that the buying of NHC 6 years back was one of wise decisions we had made!.

Quote:

More than the expense, it is the sheer waste of scarce and expensive resources that bothers me. When that same oil works for 10000kms in another model, why not in City?
You seem to be very environment friendly.

But my little thought.Is Honda taking a greener step.According to definition - Synthetic oil is a lubricant consisting of chemical compounds which are artificially made (synthesized) from compounds other than crude oil (petroleum).

Old 4th January 2010, 10:46   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Last time, he inissted that only synthetic is available and Honda insists on it.

The last time I raised a query with Honda, I got a call from Honda office to confirm the query and that I will get an answer in a day or two.

The answer actually came from the dealer and later I understood that the particular service advisor was blamed for not clarifying things with me. When I went for the next service, that advisor was no longer with them.
trrk, if it helps any, Magnum in Bangalore doesn't insist on Synthetic. Like you i too am not convinced about changing synthetic every quarter.
Old 4th January 2010, 13:38   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
You can keep the car as may be second or third car when you upgrade.
Unfortunately, this is my primary car. Can use two cars, more would be a waste of money as utilisation would be less.

Quote:
You seem to be very environment friendly.
I don't (or rather haven't) started thinking in those terms. My observation was purely in terms of utility for a price. The engine may last forever if the engine oil and filter is changed every 1000kms or even less. But then there has to be a compromise somewhere. Every 5000kms oil change definitely is only for increasing revenue for the oil supplier, the dealer and the parent company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
trrk, if it helps any, Magnum in Bangalore doesn't insist on Synthetic. Like you i too am not convinced about changing synthetic every quarter.
Unfortunately, the dealer I go to insists (rather insisted when I went last) on synthetics. The other dealer at Ernakulam had a bad reputation when he was dealing with another brand. There is a new dealer in Kottayam and I should give hime a try. But I know most of the folks where I go and am happy otherwise.
Old 17th January 2010, 22:31   #44
BHPian

We went for a marriage!

Hi friends my car has run nearly 13,000 km in the last 9 months.By Gods grace everything is fine.It was the marriage of my Brother in law and ANHC was one of the stars in the event.
Attached Thumbnails
Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-marriage-2.jpg  

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-marriage-3.jpg  

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-marriage-1.jpg  

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-marriage-4.jpg  

Old 18th January 2010, 11:29   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Hi friends my car has run nearly 13,000 km in the last 9 months.By Gods grace everything is fine.It was the marriage of my Brother in law and ANHC was one of the stars in the event.
Thats a very well maintained car there. Cheers for completing 13k Kms.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks