Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2010, 12:13   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevtec View Post
All free services (3) were satisfactory - washed the car well,cleaned the brakes,topped up all fluids etc.
Hi Mevtec,

In the first free service of my car, I was charged Rs 165.00 (Rs 150.00 + taxes) towards consumables. This was put in the labor cost column. When I called-up the service rep, he informed me they had to top-up some fluids in my car. And since it was not worth taking units in litres and charging the customer more, they adjusted the bill amount for minor top-ups (50-100 ml) in the labor cost.

I see that in your 3 free services, you have mentioned that all fluids were topped up but I see that there has been no specific charge for the same.
Old 25th January 2010, 14:50   #47
BHPian

It is interesting. When Kalyan mentioned that the consumables were charged under the labor charges with tax, I checked the tax on the Mevtec car's invoice for labor charge and it was there. I thought the tax is charged only to the things you purchase. Labor charges are not purchased and are not supposed to be taxed (is it correct?? In USA, the labor charges are not taxed).

Kalyan,
In a month old car, what fluid could be needed to be filled for Rs. 165? I also drove and used some times wiper fluid for cleaning the windshield, before the first service. They topped it up and was not charged. I got the bill Rs. 0. Even, they gave a complimentary pickup of the car and droped to my house. I think this charge could be (ideally) waived off. You can ask for that.

Last edited by Fstlndrive : 25th January 2010 at 14:53.
Old 25th January 2010, 15:57   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
I thought the tax is charged only to the things you purchase. Labor charges are not purchased and are not supposed to be taxed .
I believe its a service tax for rendering the services. And its consistent with Honda all over India(10.3 %), I compared that in Mevtec's invoices to mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
Kalyan,
In a month old car, what fluid could be needed to be filled for Rs. 165? I also drove and used some times wiper fluid for cleaning the windshield, before the first service. They topped it up and was not charged. I got the bill Rs. 0. Even, they gave a complimentary pickup of the car and droped to my house. I think this charge could be (ideally) waived off. You can ask for that.
Well, Sir, I believe that there would ideally be no need for topping-up any fluids as you mentioned. Somehow, I don't think I'll argue with those guys on this. After the free services are over, I'll get my car serviced at the other Honda dealer. I was given a complimentary pickup and drop facility too (This facility was there even for our Santro).
Old 20th February 2010, 14:42   #49
BHPian

Mileage update at 14000 km and a Minor Mishap

Mileage update

When I was driving around the Newly weds during the wedding duty .I had to keep the car in idle with engine running with AC on for about 45 minutes.

1, Total distance run in the marriage trip was
445 km ( 50% Highway, carefully driven + Idle )
Fuel consumed – 32.8 L(Extra premium)
445 / 32.8 = 13.567 km /L

2,182km (80% City, Moderate traffic) needed 14.8 L (Extra premium) = 12.3 km/L

Calculated by tank full to tank full method.
Trip computer overestimated mileage by 1.5 to 2.5 km/L

The car was a star in the Wedding album

Report on minor Mishap follows
Attached Thumbnails
Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-album-3.jpg  

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-beauty-beast.jpg  

Old 21st February 2010, 16:57   #50
BHPian

The minor Mishap at 14000 km

Hi friends my ANHC has crossed 14000 km in about 10 months.The ownership experience so far has been wonderful.Happy with the car and the dealer.Fuel efficency is slightly better than I expected.After the initial services the engine has become smoother.

Driving the ANHC is less tiring than driving our Swift diesel ,especially after a hard day.In the Swift we have to modulate the accelerator properly to keep the car in the optimum rev band,especially during overtaking.It requires more skill.

I still havn't come into terms with the characteristics DDiS.I Managed to overcook some overtaking maneuvers in Swift due to overestimation of the turbo power.I prefer the more linear accelaration of Vista's Quadrajet.My brother likes to drive the Swift Vdi a lot(Now you know who is younger).It is a very good car too.Our Swift diesel (2008) has done 17000km.

ANHC is capable of accelerating progressively in almost every gear.Even if we forget to upshift in a tight overtaking situation it will go on accelerating till ?6000rpm.For an average driver like me it is a blessing.NHC(2004) is given a step motherly treatment and has reached only 32000 km.

Due to my carelessness and overconfidence in the reverse sensor, I banged the rear of car on a log of wood. It was the school anniversary day and I was a bit tensed to reach the venue in time since my kid had to participate in the dance.

There are a lot on ANHC’s in Trivandrum.I found a White ANHC in the parking lot with enough space adjacent to it. I reversed the car into the space without minding the log of wood. I thought the reverse sensor will beep. The sensor beeped as soon at I hit the log!

The sensor cannot be blamed because I reversed the car bit fast. The sensor takes some time to sense the distance. The log was also bit below the sensor level.

Moral of the story - friends please be careful reverse sensors can miss objects below the sensor level.Also sensors take a few seconds in detecting a new obstacle.

The positive thing is that rear bumpers are not too flimsy in ANHC.The bumber has been hit significantly 2 times,once by a bike.
Attached Thumbnails
Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-two-citys.jpg  

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-hit-2.jpg  

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-hit-1.jpg  

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-hit-3.jpg  

Old 22nd February 2010, 09:53   #51
BHPian

The same thing has happened with my ANHC on its very first day, One of my uncle's girl was trying her hand and while taking it in reverse gear the sensor did started beeping but girl got panicked and was asking how to break.

Because mine is automatic and she couldn't find clutch as a first step before breaking.

The rear bumper hit a stair and the City got its first scratch :'(
Old 22nd February 2010, 10:52   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Moral of the story - friends please be careful reverse sensors can miss objects below the sensor level.Also sensors take a few seconds in detecting a new obstacle.
+1
Very true, I go very slow while reversing the car, but at times due to other reasons(mostly when in a hurry or negligent), I let my guard down. And things happen during this period.

This morning I scratched the front right-hand side of our ANHCs bumper while reversing the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
The rear bumper hit a stair and the City got its first scratch :'(
Oops, the first scratch hurts a lot.
Old 22nd February 2010, 16:14   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
+1
This morning I scratched the front right-hand side of our ANHCs bumper while reversing the car.

Oops, the first scratch hurts a lot.
Oh! sorry to hear about your scrathes.It is true that its the first scratch which hurts the most.I am planning to touch up the scrathes during the next service.

I have scraped the underbody badly with 5 people onboard a few times.But there is no damage.I think ANHC is more "scrapable" than NHC.

The underbody of ANHC is packaged better than NHC.NHC had engine cover as an accessory,which is not needed for ANHC since the engine is at a higher level.
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:49   #54
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to touch up the scrathes during the next service.
You mean DIY or will you have the workshop do it? I would be interested to know about the expenses either ways so keep me updated.

Quote:
I have scraped the underbody badly with 5 people
onboard a few times. But there is no damage.
I have done that a few times myself but have no idea of the extent of damage caused to the under-body(am worried more about the paint job, etc).

Can one tell if there is a damage or not without having to lift the car using those hydraulic lifts at service stations?
Old 26th February 2010, 10:02   #55
BHPian

Quote:
You mean DIY or will you have the workshop do it? I would be interested to know about the expenses either ways so keep me updated.

I have done that a few times myself but have no idea of the extent of damage caused to the under-body(am worried more about the paint job, etc).

Can one tell if there is a damage or not without having to lift the car using those hydraulic lifts at service stations?
Hi I will do the touch up in HASS.Underbody damage can be detected when you lift the car for service.I needed a touch up of the underbody coating during the third service.It was done free of cost.
Old 26th February 2010, 10:07   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Hi I will do the touch up in HASS.Underbody damage can be detected when you lift the car for service.I needed a touch up of the underbody coating during the third service.It was done free of cost.
Will wait for your updates and pics before I think of getting the touch-up done on my ANHC. Great that yous HASS does not charge you for minor touch-ups.
Old 26th February 2010, 10:19   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Will wait for your updates and pics before I think of getting the touch-up done on my ANHC. Great that yous HASS does not charge you for minor touch-ups.
The Salesman as dealer ship has also said to me that they will do the touch-up of the scratch my ANHC got, during first service.

I will update with pics once that is done.
Old 26th February 2010, 13:23   #58
BHPian

Well, reading some good feedback on the Service in this thread. Especially the Freebie touchups. Keep updating folks.
Old 15th March 2010, 23:12   #59
BHPian

15000 km Update

Hi friends,
my car has run 15,000 km.Brought the car on 28 March,2009.The car has been trouble free.ANHC is an amazing car to own and enjoy.

I Don't regret buying a petrol car at this point of time.Thank you Bhpians for all the information and support.I am happy that I didn't opt for an "national engine" based diesel car again or plain jane petrol cars with frequent headlamp and tail lamp upgrades and cramped interiors.

Sorry guys,didn't mean to hurt anyone.I am just disappointed with some car manufacturers and the usual Honda bashers.

ANHC is a huge improvement over NHC. I am happy that I didn't buy a car for the sake of Automatic Climate control or leather seats.

Only car I liked and missed out was the Xylo.

Will update on the fuel efficiency after the fifth service.The car was given for service today.Will update on the cost and quality of service.

Another White ANHC joined my campus.Now there are 5 ANHC's in the campus,3 of them are white.
Attached Thumbnails
Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-15000-km.jpg  

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-new-anhc.jpg  

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-new-anhc-2.jpg  

Last edited by Mevtec : 15th March 2010 at 23:14.
Old 28th March 2010, 02:45   #60
BHPian

Happy Birthday

Dear friends today is my car's first Birthday.By Gods grace the ownership experience has been wonderful.

Sincere thanks to all members in Team Bhp for all the information and support.

Completed 15,600+ trouble free kilometers.Car is many times better than NHC.
Fuel efficiency is better than I expected.Initially I was worried about the running costs.But so far no regrets.

Service cost - 5th (2nd paid service ) Rs.3700/-,including alignment and wheel balancing.Will upload the original bill later.

Service experience (Peninsular Honda,Trivandrum) - 9/10!
The service advisers I knew left the dealership few months back.So I was a bit worried.I contacted the manager and he introduced me to a SA who came from Peninsular Honda,Cochin.He was better than the guys I knew!.Hope they continue the same.

The scratch in the rear bumper was touched up free of cost.
Attached Thumbnails
Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-miles-go.jpg  

Tale of Two City’s ( NHC and ANHC ) and a DDiS (Swift Vdi)-miles-go-2.jpg  

Last edited by Mevtec : 28th March 2010 at 02:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks