Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2010, 19:13   #1501
oss
BHPian

Yeah, stupid truck drivers

Unni: The dent is more than paint rub-off scenario. It's a one foot long deep scratch with a dent of about 1-2 cm inside. Good thing is it is restricted to just one panel, so the cost of repair would be lesser.
Old 20th January 2010, 20:01   #1502
Senior - BHPian

These truckies are either to scratch someone's car or destory some public property all the time. I find them crushing down light posts, parked vehicles on the road side etc. almost everyday on outer ring road bangalore. Most of them happen in the night. Their way of reaction is simple. If they cause some major issue on road "leave the truck and run for life". If the trouble is minor, they just speed away.

But reading your post earlier, I think the event was almost clearly written before it happened. We cant do a single action on the road compensating how a truckie would react. Same applies to autos and cabbies too. They just drive for a living, they dont care about road manners, rules, discipline etc. What they feel like doing is their rule. So we have to be extra careful. If bit of patience was practised until the U turn area, this would have been avoided. I know its very tough to do that in a Fiesta.

I thank my stars each time I reach back my home parking after a drive. Its very tough to drive in the city compared to 10 years back. Over 1000 merucabs, 500+ citytaxi, 1000s of autos, 1000s of indica taxis, atleast 500+ BPO cabs, 100s of trucks and heavy carriers, 1 lak or more private vehicles at any given time, should I not thank my stars every moment I drive around ? I dont dare to talk about the state buses, volvos, private buses and mini buses that move around like mad. Its a mystery how we survive on indian roads.

Please post the details of your repair and costs once thats done, it will be helpful for someone or other tomorow, not that we want to scratch our beauty anytime !!
Old 20th January 2010, 20:39   #1503
Distinguished - BHPian

^^
Am i glad I live in Mumbai!
It seems a lot saner than Bangalore!
After reading about all the road trips made by various members, I am getting very tempted to take out our fiesta for a LONG drive.
She has done 56Kkm, only in the city! Outstation trips till date have been limited to 3 in the last 4 years!

So guys, any suggestions?
Somewhere around 2-3 hours from Mumbai, where I can go with friends?
I am asking for 2-3 hours as this would be my first road trip in India, where I have driven the car, so am not very comfortable as yet, specially since I want to do this during the monsoons!

BTW: I have finally spoken to bosses (parents and sister), and have been given the green signal to go ahead and do the fiesta up with my future expected performance bonus (i.e: grades!)
I have 3 stages in mind:
Stage 1: ICE! Something simple, and reasonably priced. I don't know how long this car will be here for, and don't want to go overboard.
Will happen in May 2010 - Will also get her professionally detailed

Stage 2: Small interior and exterior mods
Expected Dec 2010

Stage 3: Better tyres and alloys (if budget permits).
Expected May 2011.

About ICE: Should I get speakers from the USA? Are they cheaper there?
Any warranty/reliability issues?
Old 20th January 2010, 21:05   #1504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Unni: The dent is more than paint rub-off scenario. It's a one foot long deep scratch with a dent of about 1-2 cm inside. Good thing is it is restricted to just one panel, so the cost of repair would be lesser.
that is bad. I'm sure the service center will be able to get it back to its original form. Thank your stars that it didn't continue on to the door. All the best.
Old 21st January 2010, 09:02   #1505
Senior - BHPian

read a article of shapur kotwal on Autodrive jan 2010 edition, where he has praised the FIesta S (somebody in this thread specified that he has a fiesta S)
he compared it with a BMW.. WOW
Old 21st January 2010, 09:40   #1506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
But reading your post earlier, I think the event was almost clearly written before it happened. We cant do a single action on the road compensating how a truckie would react. Same applies to autos and cabbies too. They just drive for a living, they dont care about road manners, rules, discipline etc. What they feel like doing is their rule. So we have to be extra careful. If bit of patience was practised until the U turn area, this would have been avoided. I know its very tough to do that in a Fiesta.
The truck drivers believe in one simple thing "I am big and you are small" They know it very well the impact to their vehicle would be meagre as compared to the smaller sedan or hatch. I had a similar experience with my earlier Santro when a dumper inspite of applying brakes scraped rear bumper causing a 6" crack and this happened at the signal being manned by a traffic cop. When I got down to confront the driver of the dumper, he abused me saying I was at fault and the traffic cop also started giving me a piece of mind for hodling the traffic. From that day I swore I would stay 200 mts away from heavy vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
^^
Am i glad I live in Mumbai!
It seems a lot saner than Bangalore!
I feel people have become saner but heavy vehicle driver got more insaner. U should see the way they drive on a 5km Eastern express highway from Kanjurmarg to Mulund. Its like as if they have downed a few glass of spirit and let their vehicles fly.
Old 21st January 2010, 12:10   #1507
Senior - BHPian

@nairrk, congrats, your thread crossed more than 100 pages in 2.5 months
Old 21st January 2010, 12:21   #1508
BHPian

A small but pleasant surprise came calling for me today. The dealer called me to inform that the registration formalities have been completed for my car and I can go and take the delivery. I told them that I will be reaching the showroom at 2 PM.

I am so excited now to get my first car.

Thanks to all my friends here for all the help. I just learned so many things for you.
Old 21st January 2010, 12:40   #1509
Senior - BHPian

@ruchir

Thanks

@mayukh

So, finally you are there - all set ready to drive your beauty FIESTA.

Now await your delivery details and some photographs.

congratulations once again!
Old 21st January 2010, 12:50   #1510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
@nairrk, congrats, your thread crossed more than 100 pages in 2.5 months
Congrats Nairrk !!! I wish many more happy miles for this thread. After all, we too are getting more enlightened.
Old 21st January 2010, 13:15   #1511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
@mayukh

So, finally you are there - all set ready to drive your beauty FIESTA.

Now await your delivery details and some photographs.

congratulations once again!
Thanks Nairrk. Do I need to take care of anything during the delivery?

I have the inspection checklist still with me and I will again try to check my car as much as I can.

Anything else?
Old 21st January 2010, 14:54   #1512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Thanks Nairrk. Do I need to take care of anything during the delivery?

I have the inspection checklist still with me and I will again try to check my car as much as I can.

Anything else?
+
thanks

Do the inspection according to the checklist.
Also check the full body to see if any scratches/markings are there.
Hope you have someone else with you to assist in the PDI?

All the best
Old 21st January 2010, 17:12   #1513
Distinguished - BHPian

Last evening, I was riding along with a friend in his 20K kms done 2 years old Ford Fiesta Diesel.

Suddenly, there was some jerk and he just could not make his car inch forward even though the gears were slotting. Then it dawned on us that the clutch just died.

As we got stuck in heavy traffic, i had to push the car to the side ( No patience from fellow road users, they practically honked me to death). We called the Ford garage and they said, the clutch plates are gone and needs replacement.

Over the phone, they quoted around 13K as tentative estimate for replacement not taking into account another 1K towards towing charges.

Can someone reason how/why this could have happened at 20K kms? My Accent Viva has done close to 50K and still the clutch feel is really good.
Old 21st January 2010, 17:18   #1514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
These truckies are either to scratch someone's car or destory some public property all the time. I find them crushing down light posts, parked vehicles on the road side etc. almost everyday on outer ring road bangalore. Most of them happen in the night. Their way of reaction is simple. If they cause some major issue on road "leave the truck and run for life". If the trouble is minor, they just speed away.

I dont dare to talk about the state buses, volvos, private buses and mini buses that move around like mad. Its a mystery how we survive on indian roads.
+

Yes Shaju, its there everywhere (not only in Bangalore).
Here the most dangerous people are the private bus and then the tipper lorries. They both run in a competition among themselves. One priavte bus always wants to overtake another private bus. They know the bus stop is just 2/300m away still they will ovetake someone and all of a sudden stop in the bus stop that too almost on the middle of the road. they are the one knocking down maximum number of two wheelers.

And if the damage is severe after the accident the driver and conductor used run away from the spot abondening the bus (fearing the public beating). they know the bus owners (who always have political support) will settle the case somehow- Only people like us are going to suffer from the hands of these kind of people.

Only God can save us?
Old 21st January 2010, 17:24   #1515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Last evening, I was riding along with a friend in his 20K kms done 2 years old Ford Fiesta Diesel.

Suddenly, there was some jerk and he just could not make his car inch forward even though the gears were slotting. Then it dawned on us that the clutch just died.

Can someone reason how/why this could have happened at 20K kms? My Accent Viva has done close to 50K and still the clutch feel is really good.
Thats too early for the clutch to wear out. Did you notice him riding the clutch or something like that? Does he have extended warranty? Not sure up till what kms the clutch is covered.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks