Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2010, 14:52   #1531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
Thanks unni.ak

Its a 1.4 TDCI, Exi Special Edition 2010, Silver Color. On Road Price is 7.42 lacs.
Congrats bharanidharang. Did you get any freebees along with it? What are the extra things in the LE?
Old 22nd January 2010, 15:04   #1532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Friends,

I took delivery of my car today evening. I'M LOVING IT.
Congrats Mayukh on the new car. Enjoy. Looking forward to your ownership report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
Thanks unni.ak

Its a 1.4 TDCI, Exi Special Edition 2010, Silver Color. On Road Price is 7.42 lacs.
Another diesel!! Good choice bharanidharang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Guys, This a matter of concern esp for new owners like me since we drive in traffic jams day in and out and nobody of us would want to end up with a dead clutch right in the middle of road. What is the normal routine of clutch maintenance for Fiesta? Should this be addressed to the dealer in the first service which I will be doing in a week's time. As per the manual the first service is a very routine inspection one, would the dealer entertain requests like clutch plate inspection??
This is a one off incident. If you feel any issues with the clutch like slipping or loss in power, judder etc, inform your service center. Clutch plate inspection is not an easy job like checking the brake pad for wear, and involves removing a lot of parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
could anyone share with is the mileage they are getting from their fiesta diesel? somebody told me it is close to 20 KMPL in city which i doubt!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpz View Post
20 seems a little high. My mileage attached/below. In rush hour traffic both ways (to and from work) with AC on, in Bangalore.
This is more like it. 13-14kmpl in city driving is possible. But 20kmpl in city, rush hour is impossible.
Old 22nd January 2010, 15:50   #1533

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Last evening, I was riding along with a friend in his 20K kms done 2 years old Ford Fiesta Diesel.

Suddenly, there was some jerk and he just could not make his car inch forward even though the gears were slotting. Then it dawned on us that the clutch just died.

As we got stuck in heavy traffic, i had to push the car to the side ( No patience from fellow road users, they practically honked me to death). We called the Ford garage and they said, the clutch plates are gone and needs replacement.

Over the phone, they quoted around 13K as tentative estimate for replacement not taking into account another 1K towards towing charges.

Can someone reason how/why this could have happened at 20K kms? My Accent Viva has done close to 50K and still the clutch feel is really good.
I had the dead clutch problem during the first year of ownership (less than 10K Kms on odometer).
This was because of the pin that holds the clutch paddle to the main clutch lever. This pin had somehow slipped off. The on-road service guy fixed this, BUT faced the same issue in just 2 week after the repair.
Now this time the on-road service guy used a tag (a non-returnable plastic rag that’s used to tie/hold wires), to fix this and assured us this would never happen again.
Seeing this we decided to write a strong complaint to Ford India, after which we got the entire clutch unit replaced under warranty. We literally had to shout and fight to get this replaced.
I think this clutch unit costs about Rs.12,000. That’s the reason that they estimated a repair cost of about 13K.
Old 22nd January 2010, 16:25   #1534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunps View Post
I had the dead clutch problem during the first year of ownership (less than 10K Kms on odometer).
This is getting a bit scary. Suddenly there are quite a few people with same problem. Hope there are not too many more. Mine has done 8k+ and second service is due next month. So far I don't have any issues with the clutch.

@Varun, you seem to be new to this forum. Do share you Fiesta model details and you'll get added on to the list of Fiesta owners appended in the first page of this thread. Nairsaab, request your help in this...
Old 22nd January 2010, 17:13   #1535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
could anyone share with is the mileage they are getting from their fiesta diesel? somebody told me it is close to 20 KMPL in city which i doubt!!
I don't think anyone will get 20KMPL in city rush hour drives. Mine is giving 13.5 in city with 100% AC and 17.5 on highways.
Old 22nd January 2010, 17:57   #1536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv1976 View Post
This is getting a bit scary. Suddenly there are quite a few people with same problem. Hope there are not too many more. Mine has done 8k+ and second service is due next month. So far I don't have any issues with the clutch.

@Varun, you seem to be new to this forum. Do share you Fiesta model details and you'll get added on to the list of Fiesta owners appended in the first page of this thread. Nairsaab, request your help in this...
+
updating fiesta owners list (post no.2)-

Inorder to update the list, it has to be edited (inorder not to repeat those list of names in each page) hence only Mods can do this job. As of now only two names are there to be added i.e.
1-varunps
2-bharanidharang(just booked the car)
Lets wait few more days to see if anyone else there so that can give the names to Mods who can then update the list.
Old 22nd January 2010, 17:59   #1537
BHPian

Can anyone help me with the price of the FORD car cover? My dealer is quoting a price of Rs 2250 (without bill). If I insist to have a bill, VAT will be extra which will make it around 2500. Is it really that expensive?

I remember someone saying it to around 2000 Rs approx. Also how can I ensure that it is an original FORD accessory?

Last edited by mayukh : 22nd January 2010 at 18:06. Reason: Missed another relevant point to post
Old 22nd January 2010, 18:08   #1538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
1-varunps
Nair sir, I am there too now (effective Jan 21)
Old 22nd January 2010, 18:35   #1539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Can anyone help me with the price of the FORD car cover? My dealer is quoting a price of Rs 2250 (without bill). If I insist to have a bill, VAT will be extra which will make it around 2500. Is it really that expensive?

I remember someone saying it to around 2000 Rs approx. Also how can I ensure that it is an original FORD accessory?
Take a look at the accessory price list posted on Page 8. The car cover costs 1960+tax. Prices will vary slightly from place to place.
Old 22nd January 2010, 18:55   #1540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Take a look at the accessory price list posted on Page 8. The car cover costs 1960+tax. Prices will vary slightly from place to place.
Thanks Gilead for the prompt help. I called back my dealer and he seems to be fumbling now. I am now no way willing it to get without bill and I will ensure to get the Original accessory written in the bill.

OT: Yes. It's tough now to remember which information is present in which page. This thread has become a bible now. Scanning pages is a tough job.

Nair sir, can we have all the valuable information collected from all the pages and ask the mods to edit them in first page itself. I can volunteer for the collection work.
Old 22nd January 2010, 19:25   #1541
Senior - BHPian

Metro Ford bangalore is offering leather seat covers for 5k+change which was early priced around 12k. Its a special discount offer conveyed through SMS promotions. I have posted my 2nd free service details in my thread.
Old 22nd January 2010, 20:45   #1542
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Thanks guys for your wishes. Eagerly awaiting my car. Dealer has said 1st week of Feb. I am trying to push for an earlier date.

My daily running is around 60 odd kms and weekends would be another 100. Diesel was the obvious choice. Test Drive was too good. Could not stop smiling after a drive and my wife knew this would be the car.

Due to Vitamin M problems, had to choose the Exi (SPL) version.
Old 22nd January 2010, 21:05   #1543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
updating fiesta owners list (post no.2)-

Inorder to update the list, it has to be edited (inorder not to repeat those list of names in each page) hence only Mods can do this job. As of now only two names are there to be added i.e.
1-varunps
Lets wait few more days to see if anyone else there so that can give the names to Mods who can then update the list.
Add me in as well

Ford Fiesta 1.4 ZXi (Petrol)
Old 22nd January 2010, 22:26   #1544
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys one small question. Do you guys face problem with Fiesta bulbs being conked off now and then. I mean i had as many as 10 bulbs replaced (if not more) in this 3 yrs. Sometimes its the headlights and sometimes its the brake lights. Yesterday only, one of the front Fog lamp went off. When i asked the guy in Ford, he said that this is very common.
Old 22nd January 2010, 22:57   #1545
BHPian

No bulbs have conked for the past four years in my car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks