Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2010, 17:59   #1516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Can someone reason how/why this could have happened at 20K kms? My Accent Viva has done close to 50K and still the clutch feel is really good.
The Fiesta clutch is not known to give up this early. Does your friend have a habit of riding the clutch? Even Maruti's traditionally weak clutches last up to 40K kms. Clutch is considered wear and tear and not covered under warranty as well. You may want to check if a simple clutch cable change will work out. I am not sure if the Fiesta has a cable operated clutch though.
Old 21st January 2010, 18:17   #1517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
You may want to check if a simple clutch cable change will work out. I am not sure if the Fiesta has a cable operated clutch though.
As you doubted, Fiesta's clutch is not cable operated, it is hydraulic.
Old 21st January 2010, 21:02   #1518
Senior - BHPian

Clutch fail at 20k kms is unheard even in the cheapest M800. So, I doubt if its connected to the driving habit that can easily cause an abnorml wear and tear of the plates. I know many people who ride the clutch without realising the long-term effect (including my wife). She presses the clutch ages before the gear change or the break application (not forgetting the waiting at signals at 1st gear with clutch pressed). Luckily I havent given her the Fiesta till today. Not planning to give until I make sure the clutch is given its 'freedom'.

Last edited by shajufx : 21st January 2010 at 21:04.
Old 21st January 2010, 21:09   #1519
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Booked my Fiesta today guys and hope to enjoy the car for years to come.
Old 21st January 2010, 21:20   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
Congrats bharanidharang Details please, model, color, cost etc.
Old 21st January 2010, 21:21   #1521
Senior - BHPian

Even i had this kind of expirence with my Fiesta. I was driving down on a highway with a major traffic jam and sundenly after being in jam for an hour or so, my car stoped with a jerk. I had to push it to the corner. Then i realised that there was a oil leakage from under the bonnet. When the mechanic came, he shwoed me the clutch wire had broken and it was from that wire the Oil was dripping. Finally he was able to fix that wire. He had to take that wire to his garage and got it fixed and then he simply added it back to the car. I only paid 800 bucks to him. Mine has done around 65K and only then this thing happned so i guess at 20K there must be a problem with the clutch.
Old 22nd January 2010, 00:05   #1522
BHPian

Friends,

I took delivery of my car today evening. Took my training sir along with me and drove her for 1 hour for 6 PM to 7 PM. Being a new first time driver, I was so tensed that I was making all possible mistakes of the world. Luckily, I was driving in a open stretch only. After half an hour almost, I relaxed and made much lesser mistakes. Anyway somehow made it back home.

That apart, I thoroughly enjoyed the delivery experience. It was such a nice experience. They made it so perfect for me. Plus - 5 litres of petrol, a FORD coffee mug, leather wallet (to keep papers), a cake, tissue box, photo frame, crayons & Victoria Ford painting book (I know I am not a kid, but still I will fill the colors) - all came as delivery special surprise gifts from my dealer.

I thoroughly enjoyed.

I will try to write a detailed delivery experience in a new thread possibly over the weekend. I'M LOVING IT.
Old 22nd January 2010, 06:48   #1523
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Congrats bharanidharang Details please, model, color, cost etc.
Thanks unni.ak

Its a 1.4 TDCI, Exi Special Edition 2010, Silver Color. On Road Price is 7.42 lacs.
Old 22nd January 2010, 09:40   #1524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Friends,

I took delivery of my car today evening. Took my training sir along with me and drove her for 1 hour for 6 PM to 7 PM. Being a new first time driver, I was so tensed that I was making all possible mistakes of the world. Luckily, I was driving in a open stretch only. After half an hour almost, I relaxed and made much lesser mistakes. Anyway somehow made it back home.

That apart, I thoroughly enjoyed the delivery experience. It was such a nice experience. They made it so perfect for me. Plus - 5 litres of petrol, a FORD coffee mug, leather wallet (to keep papers), a cake, tissue box, photo frame, crayons & Victoria Ford painting book (I know I am not a kid, but still I will fill the colors) - all came as delivery special surprise gifts from my dealer.
Congrats @mayukh, Good to know that the delivery was smooth and with gifts. Hope you enjoy the car and the gifts. Dont think the driving exp as mistakes but steps to glory coz U did the best thing in going for Fiesta. All the best, Drive safe with seatbelts ON. I have been holding my 100 horses till the first service after which I will be unleashing them.

Quote:
Thanks unni.ak

Its a 1.4 TDCI, Exi Special Edition 2010, Silver Color. On Road Price is 7.42 lacs.
@bharanidharang - Congrats on your buy and welcome to the Fiesta club. Go through this wonderful thread started by nairrk and keep yourself abreast with the wonderful experience the Fiestians share.
BTW what factors made you go for the Diesel variant? Was it the OTR cost of Fiesta? Can you share the same?
Old 22nd January 2010, 09:48   #1525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
The Fiesta clutch is not known to give up this early. Does your friend have a habit of riding the clutch? Even Maruti's traditionally weak clutches last up to 40K kms. Clutch is considered wear and tear and not covered under warranty as well. You may want to check if a simple clutch cable change will work out. I am not sure if the Fiesta has a cable operated clutch though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Even i had this kind of expirence with my Fiesta. I was driving down on a highway with a major traffic jam and sundenly after being in jam for an hour or so, my car stoped with a jerk. I had to push it to the corner. Then i realised that there was a oil leakage from under the bonnet. When the mechanic came, he shwoed me the clutch wire had broken and it was from that wire the Oil was dripping. Finally he was able to fix that wire. He had to take that wire to his garage and got it fixed and then he simply added it back to the car. I only paid 800 bucks to him. Mine has done around 65K and only then this thing happned so i guess at 20K there must be a problem with the clutch.
Guys, This a matter of concern esp for new owners like me since we drive in traffic jams day in and out and nobody of us would want to end up with a dead clutch right in the middle of road. What is the normal routine of clutch maintenance for Fiesta? Should this be addressed to the dealer in the first service which I will be doing in a week's time. As per the manual the first service is a very routine inspection one, would the dealer entertain requests like clutch plate inspection??
Old 22nd January 2010, 10:02   #1526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Friends,

I thoroughly enjoyed.

I will try to write a detailed delivery experience in a new thread possibly over the weekend. I'M LOVING IT.
+

Nice to hear that you had a pleasant delivery experience.
Also good to see that you have got plenty of small gifts-lucky one
Old 22nd January 2010, 10:17   #1527
Senior - BHPian

could anyone share with is the mileage they are getting from their fiesta diesel? somebody told me it is close to 20 KMPL in city which i doubt!!
Old 22nd January 2010, 10:49   #1528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+
Congratulatons

Another proud Fiesta Owner !

When do you expect the delivery?
Old 22nd January 2010, 11:36   #1529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
could anyone share with is the mileage they are getting from their fiesta diesel? somebody told me it is close to 20 KMPL in city which i doubt!!
20 seems a little high. My mileage attached/below. In rush hour traffic both ways (to and from work) with AC on, in Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
All Fiesta Owners - You are here-image10.jpg  

Old 22nd January 2010, 11:44   #1530
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks unni.ak

Congratulations !!! All the best wishes for your car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks