Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2009, 14:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
But the diesel version I was referring to is a few months older to my car---perhaps it is a Dec 2006 model. Looks like the petrol versions got it later. I have not seen any flashing light above the odo so far.
+

Just check the Owners Manual -see the 'contents' page -
is there any mention about 'engine immobiliser' - If this heading is there
your car also equipped with this system, otherwise it is not there (check with your service engineer)
Thanks
Old 7th November 2009, 14:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Nair, Can you let me know what engine oil is used in the Fiesta petrol? I have been told that the S uses synthetic. Can other S owners confirm?
+

I did not replenish any engine oil so far. my first service is still due.
(december 24th).

However my dealer recommending Synthetic (when I was discussing with him certain matters, this topic also came in between).
Old 7th November 2009, 15:06   #18
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyMan View Post
The stock music player in the Sxi version (don't know about Exi or Zxi) can play music even with the key out of the ignition switch. Here's how it is done
Keep the player ON and then switch off the ignition and take out the key, the player goes OFF. Now press the ON button again and you have music playing.
That's possible in every car. Be careful not to drain your battery, else you will have to push the car to start the engine.

You can even turn your blower on, if you want to speedup the process of draining your battery
Old 7th November 2009, 15:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

That looks strange. When you turn the key to OFF position , the power supply supposed to be cut-off? Then how the music system is working. Are you taking out the key in ACC position (the key should not come out at this position)?.

Presume you completely turn the key to OFF position and then remove it- you mean to say still the music is working?
Old 7th November 2009, 17:40   #20
BHPian

Dear Nairrk, excellent summary, hats off to you and your passion, it will definately help present and upcoming owners.

Few things from my side,
1] As you are aware Ford is offering free Insurance and have tied up with Bajaj Allianz, even in my case I got free Insurance but I got ICICI Lombard Insurance, due to previous experience I prefer Bajaj Allianz, same thing was told to dealer, but He handed over ICICI Lombard, now I have to live with it for one year.

2] If somebody want to upgrade stock tyres of ZXI or SXI, best options are 185/60/R14 or 185/65/R14 (for further details contact experts e.g Kpzen, Nikhilb2008 etc).
Old 7th November 2009, 17:57   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
That's possible in every car. Be careful not to drain your battery, else you will have to push the car to start the engine.

You can even turn your blower on, if you want to speedup the process of draining your battery
No, not in every car---in Maruti cars, if you take the key out, the music system just wont switch on.

The blower does not work when the key is removed in the Fiesta, though the music system does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
That looks strange. When you turn the key to OFF position , the power supply supposed to be cut-off? Then how the music system is working. Are you taking out the key in ACC position (the key should not come out at this position)?.

Presume you completely turn the key to OFF position and then remove it- you mean to say still the music is working?
This works in the Fiesta even when the key is removed----but if the player is on and you remove the key, it goes off, but if you press the button again (with key removed) it switches on.
In such situations when you switch it off (with key removed) it goes off, but when you insert the key and turn it to ACC position, it comes on again--takes time getting used to, but nevertheless a feature that has both pros and cons.
Old 7th November 2009, 18:22   #22
BHPian

when i bought my sxi i was not given the code of music system. in fact i called up dealer once . he promised but agin it slipped out of my mind. it was about 1 year back. can any body guide how to obtain it now.
Old 7th November 2009, 20:21   #23
BHPian

Good thread Nair Saab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Now i leave the car without locking many times and rely on the central lock to get activated automatically. Hope it does work
OSS this is a risk. I'm not sure there is an auto lock function. The only instant when auto lock happens is when you unlock the car, but dont open the door in 45 seconds, it gets locked again.

Another feature which I was not aware of till last week is that the ORVMs can fold out also (towards the bonnet/front of the car). This is not a feature Ford advertises. But it is there.
Old 7th November 2009, 20:23   #24
BHPian

Nairrk@

You poured all your experience in this thread and written it very nicely
This will defiantly help newbie in car selection & narrow down to Fiesta model

For me 4Sec door lock thing was new and I will test it!

Frank/Shaju/Sathee : Put some thoughts on upgrading speakers, adding Sub etc. I want to put Sub and if there is minimal change in stock system is required then I am ok to go for it. So please explain what watt,spec of speaker/Amp one should go for. I know there is separate section in BHP about entertainment but here we can discuss Fiesta specific & if required we can defiantly go back to BHP gurus for more help!
Old 7th November 2009, 20:47   #25
BHPian

just realized that even the top end variant doesn't come with the rear window wiper !
Shouldn't it have been a standard fitment for the segment / class ??
Old 7th November 2009, 22:29   #26
ABZ
BHPian

Thanks nairrk for starting this thread. I'm sure it will help all current as well as prospective Fiesta owners.

Just thought of adding a couple of things that I have started observing after 2700kms in my 1.6S.

1. Missing dead pedal can be a pain. I think none of the variants comes with a dead pedal.

2. The DTE meter - I'm still waiting for it to behave. The worst behavior observed was when I last re-fueled it just 2 days back.

3. FE in-city / highway - I guess it will be helpful for all to get an idea of what the Fiesta can deliver as far as the FE is concerned (both in-city as well as in the highway). It will be great, if everyone who has measured this for purely in-city OR purely highway with/without A/C can share this information.

The best I've got on highways is around 14 kmpl. Have not yet measured completely in-city but a 50/50 of in-city/highway was around 11.8 when I last checked (I've seen a 10.5 as well for a similar ratio in the past). All this is with 100% AC usage.

Last edited by ABZ : 7th November 2009 at 22:30.
Old 7th November 2009, 23:06   #27
BHPian

Hi Guys, I have decided for 1.6SXI Premium and have started a new thread under "What Car -- Sedan", Could you please have a look and provide your valuable suggestions, advises, reviews.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...ml#post1570592
Old 7th November 2009, 23:44   #28
BHPian

@nairrk
Thank you for starting this wonderful thread & posting some invaluable information.
Here is my 2-pice bit.
Stock 14" pressed steel wheels have 5.5" width & ET is 47.5.
Ford 14" alloys also have 5.5" width & 47.5 ET.
The courtesy light inside the cabin has a 3-position switch. With the switch in the central position, one would expect the light to come on when a front door is opened & go off when both front doors are closed. This does indeed happen, but only if the engine is switched on. If the engine is switched off & the courtesy light switch is shifted to the central position, the light comes on even when both front doors are shut!
My dealer has not supplied any audio manual. I guess I will have to call him Mon morning.
Can someone post pictures of original Ford floor mats which were provided free by the dealer? I have a sneaky suspicion mine are fakes!
Otherwise the Fiesta is great fun to drive & shifting gears is super smooth.
Old 7th November 2009, 23:57   #29
BHPian

super summary nair sir!! awesome job on the compilation!!

@ nura, yep!! the light staying on until ignition is an awesome feature, totally love the idea!! hats off to ford r&d for this!! it may be available on other cars but my first experience on the fiesta!!

about the floor mats, mine are definitely not the originals, they are black in color! the genuine ones are beige & come with a ford logo on them.
Old 8th November 2009, 09:49   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
super summary nair sir!! awesome job on the compilation!!

@ nura, yep!! the light staying on until ignition is an awesome feature, totally love the idea!! hats off to ford r&d for this!! it may be available on other cars but my first experience on the fiesta!!

about the floor mats, mine are definitely not the originals, they are black in color! the genuine ones are beige & come with a ford logo on them.
+
Dont you think, this one is the original ford mats?
Attached Thumbnails
All Fiesta Owners - You are here-fiesta-018-small.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks