Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2009, 10:32   #166
BHPian

A useful tip for the 1.4 Tdci owners, this I have read in the Fiesta manual and a few knowledgable people have told me.

1.For Turbocharged Diesels specially in Winters start the engine in the morning and allow it to run at Idle for 1-1.5 mins.
2. Avoid repeated Start/Stop of engine over a small duration of time.
The Fiesta manual even tells to keep the car at Idle for 1 min before switching OFF the engine
Old 12th November 2009, 10:33   #167
BHPian

Mild vibrations

A question:

When idling in neutral, either at cold start or when fully warmed up, my car vibrates a little every 15 seconds or so. Its a mild shake which can be felt because its periodic.

Any ideas/opinions on this?

P.S.: Was never very gentle on the car, but now about to revv it to glory as odo is inching towards 2000km.
Old 12th November 2009, 10:38   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
The low fuel warning light comes up when the vehicle can run around for another 80 kms. This what the manual says. This translates into the vehicle having around 7 to 8 liters of fuel once the warning light comes up.

My question here is, is this accurate or will there be any variation? If there is any variation then how much (approximately atleast)? I only want to know the accuracy this feature.
+
Dont believe 100% about this DTE and Fuel warning light. This is only an indication for you that it is time for refuelling. Only way to check the exact finding is ,may be , to keep couple of litres fuel on board and then push the vehicle till it comes to a standstill. Then you can put the fuel and proceed the journey to the nearest petrol pump.So you come know how much distance you drove the car after the warning light came.?

When I was returning from a long drive (last month), suddenly I have seen the DTE showing '0', but no fuel warning lamp. AFter around 3 kms the light started coming. I know there are no petrol pump atleast for next 5 kms and the tension increased. I reached a place after about 6 kms and have seen a petrol pump but unfortunately no petrol -only deisel available in that pump. Again I had to drive another 3 km and finally managed to refuel. I asked the pump fellow fill the tank but at exactly at 39.3 litre the tank got full which means there was already 5.7litre petrol in the tank. So what was written in the manual seems more or less correct but why take risk - refuel once you see the warning light and enjoy the drive
without tension
Old 12th November 2009, 10:46   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
buddy, shaju responded in good humor to my DIY comment like he always does!! out of his 820 posts so far, find 75 posts without any humor in it, I'll give you a free ICECOOL shield for your car's windshield!

anyway, he was only stressing on the importance of wearing a seat belt! am sure no love is lost here!!

@nairsaab, 2 weeks and a 5 star thread!! now that sreesanth has also made his way back into the test squad, when and where is the party??
@ raamki

Didn't notice the star till I read your above post.

Sreesanth - yes back to the team but if he is going to point his finger everywhere and shout too much -that may be the end for him?

Party - When I come down to Bangalore, will call all bangalore TBHPians to have a get together
Old 12th November 2009, 11:19   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
@ raamki

Didn't notice the star till I read your above post.

Sreesanth - yes back to the team but if he is going to point his finger everywhere and shout too much -that may be the end for him?

Party - When I come down to Bangalore, will call all bangalore TBHPians to have a get together
Nairji, this is not fair, than you have to come Pune, Mumbai, Chennai everywhere, as Fiestians are all over India, better we come to your place and have a picnic and party.
Old 12th November 2009, 11:26   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
The low fuel warning light comes up when the vehicle can run around for another 80 kms. This what the manual says. This translates into the vehicle having around 7 to 8 liters of fuel once the warning light comes up.

My question here is, is this accurate or will there be any variation? If there is any variation then how much (approximately atleast)? I only want to know the accuracy this feature.
On my first long trip after buying it, I drove for around 55 kms after the low fuel warning lamp glowed ---it glowed when the DTE was 80 kms. I did not want to fill fuel outside the city, and since I knew Hyderabad was well within 80 kms, I took the risk. I can vouch for the 50 km buffer based on that experience. Not sure if it would have done 80 kms.
Old 12th November 2009, 11:47   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govinda-Govinda View Post
A question:

When idling in neutral, either at cold start or when fully warmed up, my car vibrates a little every 15 seconds or so. Its a mild shake which can be felt because its periodic.

Any ideas/opinions on this?

P.S.: Was never very gentle on the car, but now about to revv it to glory as odo is inching towards 2000km.
I too feel the same in my 1.6 fiesta. This was there right from start and I was little apprehensive. The SS told me that it is there in all Fiestas ( something that I have not verified ) and it is the onboard computer readjusting the rpms for something ( which I forgot ). A logical answer from an expert will help
Old 12th November 2009, 11:48   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govinda-Govinda View Post
When idling in neutral, either at cold start or when fully warmed up, my head vibrates a little every 15 seconds or so. Its a mild shake which can be felt because its periodic. Any ideas/opinions on this?
Govinda, you need a good sleep. Switch on the Good Knight machine and have a proper sleep !

Quote:
Please mention some dates, so atleast we will make sure we are in town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Nairji, this is not fair, than you have to come Pune, Mumbai, Chennai everywhere, as Fiestians are all over India, better we come to your place and have a picnic and party.
Bangalore Fiestians dont mind following Nairji and enjoying his company and treat in Pune, Mumbai, Chennai and any other places he decides to celebrate! Going to his place could be a risky affair, central armed forces are deployed all over the place and you might want to get a group permission from the High Command to visit Nairji... Oh I badly want more smilies !
Old 12th November 2009, 12:02   #174
BHPian

hey guys,

i read somewhere on this thread that we can program the key less entry of the Fiesta to activate the autolock feature (the doors lock automatically after the car reaches a particular speed). does anyone have any update on this? to me, this is a very useful feature. My santro had this (due to autocop installed), and am kinda used to it.

thanks
Ashish
Old 12th November 2009, 12:12   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
hey guys,

i read somewhere on this thread that we can program the key less entry of the Fiesta to activate the autolock feature (the doors lock automatically after the car reaches a particular speed). does anyone have any update on this? to me, this is a very useful feature. My santro had this (due to autocop installed), and am kinda used to it.

thanks
Ashish
+

According to my dealer it is not possible.

Only way to do this is that you depress the internal door lock lever (either on the driver side or passenger side).
Like, you are now practised to do the turn indicators which is kept in left side of the wheel in this car (against the other cars which comes on the right side and the wiper lever which is in the right side ), in few days you will forget your old car habit and used it to the present one.
Old 12th November 2009, 12:18   #176
Senior - BHPian

@rajeshvin
@shajufx

Lets see how we can programme the meet. As of now,no dates in my mind as I may have to go to chennai in few days (date yet to confirm). I think from chennai I come via Bangalore for a short stay. By the way who all coming this side are most welcome.

@shajufx - bye-eletction is over and the armed forces also packed up to their destination. You are a fiesta owner and more than a Good citizen- why do you worry about army and police?
Old 12th November 2009, 12:32   #177
Senior - BHPian

Nair, let us know when you are in Chennai. There are a few of us here and we could catch up if time permits.
Old 12th November 2009, 12:49   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think from chennai I come via Bangalore for a short stay.
Thats great, so lets catch up !
Quote:
bye-election is over and the armed forces also packed up to their destination. You are a fiesta owner and more than a Good citizen- why do you worry about army and police?
Yes, I am a fiesta owner and a good citizen, but I dont like to have free holes on my buttocks or my fiesta. (AK-47s are accurate these days).
Old 12th November 2009, 12:50   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Nair, let us know when you are in Chennai. There are a few of us here and we could catch up if time permits.
+

Yes indeed.
Fyi, I was there in chennai from 2000 sept to 2007August.
I still have some business connection in chennai.
Thanks
Old 12th November 2009, 12:58   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Govinda, you need a good sleep. Switch on the Good Knight machine and have a proper sleep !
Very funny shajufx, I guess your sub has made you impervious to all other vibrations! On a serious note, any body else apart from tortoise felt this?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks