Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2010, 22:17   #31
BHPian

When i was on the look out to buy M Hawk the first thing that was advised to me was not to go to India Garage as they are not excluisve M & M . Same place they service almost 2-3 brands ( Mitsubishi , M & M )

The option then lies on SKS and Seerish . SKS looks to be more organised , have a better facility in Bannerghata road compared to Seerish .

Seerish hosur road is on Main Hosur road , traffic is horrible , to reach Seerish u have to make a big U turn and then reach the place . This place looks to have a sewage pipe running next to it . U have too much of foul smell ..

Over all look & feel of seerish is not that great . Its not up market feel..
Old 29th January 2010, 07:21   #32
BHPian

Ranga,
Sireesh has a facility near Marathalli, this is really good as far as the facility is concerned. The quality of service is anyways dependent on the expertise of the mechanic working on the machine.
Old 5th February 2010, 09:36   #33
BHPian

I was in Sireesh for 2 Hrs to sort out Micro Hybrid . They just could not sort it out.

They are now asked for the vehicle today and want me to leave the vehicle today . End of the day , i have serious doubts on what PDI they have done on my vehicle when Micro hybrid was not working from day one ..

My suggestion to all Scorpio buy - people - Please don't go to Sireesh
Old 6th February 2010, 13:58   #34
BHPian

At last Micro Hybrid works on my Scorpio . Sireesh took my vehicle out for a complete day out .

I was informed that they did a complete check up of the vehicle. For MH to work , we have sensors in the clutch , accelarator and a wire goes all the way back to detect neutral position in the gear system

I also got a Mirror covers with indicators - Costed me 1800 Rs . They have done complete internal wiring with nothing dangling out .

1800 Rs is worth it and they have done a better job . will post the snaps shortly . Well removing my batteries , i lost all settings in ICE and i had to reset the whole thing from scratch .
Old 19th September 2010, 13:16   #35
BHPian

Dear Ranga,

I absolutely loved your post.

I found 2 gems in it that I found absolutely useful. First, not to engage MicroHybrid for the first 1K kms and the second one is the post by @anjan wherein he wrote that we can get the OE Bridgestone Dueller tyres if request the dealership.

Super going.
Old 17th December 2010, 09:52   #36
BHPian

re: 15 days old Scorpio VLX M Hawk - 1450 Kms on the Odo. Intial Ownership report.

Guys

Its 17K on the Odometer of my Scorpio and here are the inputs
  • My Car@ Sirish Auto
  • The car as a whole
  • Whats good , bad , Ugly of Scorpio ?

My car @ Sirish Auto
  • For all Bangalore who want to buy a Scorpio or pass it to service , this is not the place for ur 12 Lakh Scorpio
  • Very lackluster attitude
  • Ad visors are not that great
  • They don't know what is Customer service
  • Location wise pathetic
  • 3 inch of dust will sit on ur car the moment its serviced
  • Make u wait for 2 Hrs to get cough , cold and all with hosur road dust& traffic noise
  • They make u run around from this corner to other
  • Do not have spares if there is any problem with ur car
  • Make u wait even after calling and asking us to come with our car
  • Send drivers who have no knowledge about the car to pick ur vehicle for service.
  • Do not attend to even small details written in the service paper booklet .
  • is not the best among the three places for Scorpio in Bangalore
  • Never call u to remind u for services . IF they do they will send reminders after getting the car is serviced

The car as a whole

• Effortless driving
  • Best in class for the money paid .
  • Is a bit heavy vehicle and should never be compared to a In nova( In nova is for the ladies and for the weak hearted - No Hard feelings here and i am writing my hearts out having a In nova @ home )
  • Can easily travel long distance and not feel it
  • Is a bit heavy vehicle for city traffic
  • Some times might get frustrated driving it in bumper to bumper traffic ( This is where In nova has better options being not so heavy )
  • Very powerful for our Bangalore city roads . Some times feel scared with so many 2 wheelers and having the vehicle @ decent speeds
Whats good , bad , Ugly of Scorpio ?

Good
  • The front two seats are too good .
  • My wife calls its the Raja & Rani seats
  • View is beautiful
  • Build quality is amazing .
  • Ride quality is good , can gobble bad roads, pot holes
  • Can take it to any bad road in town ( Where the in novas shy away )
  • Powerful enough to be compared to any other SUV in its class
  • Rain sensors helps a lot during monsoons
  • Cruise control is pretty good for long straight high ways ( Golden Quadrangle driving )
  • Decent mileage keeping in mind , the power and weight of the vehicle
  • Road presence
  • People give way for it . Some are afraid and go to the absolute left of the road to avoid us

Bad
  • No storage space in a vehicle this big .
  • Looks big from out , no space inside . Its time M & M Learn space building from Japanese cars .
  • No space to keep even spares properly .
  • Storage space sucks!!!!!!!!!!
  • Till date Power windows have had problems
  • The back side window power window went off three months back , replaced under warranty
  • Yesterday the Driver side power windows went off ( Sirish gave me a tough time in getting it replaced . Do not even have proper spares to fit the motor.
  • The car is tough , as i was told the electrical are not that great.
  • The Wireless door open / close is now made from Scorpio and is not auto cop or third party .
  • This does not work properly . Has lot of interference problem
  • The plastics of the remote key is very bad .
  • This car need better tyres then whats fitted from the factory
  • The 235R from Bridges tone does it job , but for this car of this power and weight , we need better Tyres
  • Very high ground clearance . Need to control it properly during ghat section driving .
Ugly
  • None
  • Other then Sirrish Pathetic support
Old 17th December 2010, 10:13   #37
Senior - BHPian

re: 15 days old Scorpio VLX M Hawk - 1450 Kms on the Odo. Intial Ownership report.

Summed up pretty well Ranga but i disagree to one point of yours-

Space inside the cabin is at a premium but there are many storage spaces inside. the glovebox is small but you have a recess just above it, four huge bottle holders on the centre console besides gear lever, two bottle holders below rear AC vents, two bottle holders on rear doors with two mobile holders. Also, a mobile holder besides charging point on front centre console.
Old 17th December 2010, 19:09   #38
BHPian

Raj

All cars now travel with 2-3 Cell phones , Water bottles . The Glove box could have been better. Some space can certainly realized if the Scorpio is redesigned .

I was in US in my sis place . They have a Odyssey and believe it or not , it can take 4 suitcases on the back . Japanese are good@ designing the same compared to us . Even some one in M & M acknowledge that the entire Scorpio has many places where they can increase space .
Old 17th December 2010, 23:48   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
The front two seats are too good . Bad
  • No storage space in a vehicle this big .
  • Looks big from out , no space inside . Its time M & M Learn space building from Japanese cars .
  • No space to keep even spares properly .
  • Storage space sucks!!!!!!!!!!
I totally agree with you on this lack of space. Innova is less bulky outside but the interior space is much more than Scorpio. Both are body on frame vehicles with about the same ground clearance. This shows the lack of design skills of Mahindra R&D.

In the eight seater version, there is space only for a handfull of plastic/jute bags behind. In the Innova, you can use three rows and fit two carry-on style suit cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Summed up pretty well Ranga but i disagree to one point of yours-

Space inside the cabin is at a premium but there are many storage spaces inside. the glovebox is small but you have a recess just above it, four huge bottle holders on the centre console besides gear lever, two bottle holders below rear AC vents, two bottle holders on rear doors with two mobile holders. Also, a mobile holder besides charging point on front centre console.
@Raj: For Scorpio with airbags the recess above the dash has been used up for air bags so it doesn't exit.

Secondly they have put a cutting in the cup holders so anything including phones will slide out. Look at the pictures attached. You will see the cutting on the side. It is the same for the hidden one on the left. These can only be used as cup/bottle holders due to side being cut away.

Also if you have 4WD, one of the cup holder switches get utilized for the 4WD Switch. With an Automatic, it is even worse.

Quote:
  • The Wireless door open / close is now made from Scorpio and is not auto cop or third party .
  • This does not work properly . Has lot of interference problem
  • Very high ground clearance . Need to control it properly during ghat section driving .
You are confusing ground clearance with height of vehicle. The GC is is only 180mm which is about 20 mm less than Safari and about the same as the SX4, but due to poor design the total height of the vehicle is very high and that is why you need to be careful in ghats not due to the very high ground clearance.

Quote:
Raj
I was in US in my sis place . They have a Odyssey and believe it or not , it can take 4 suitcases on the back . Japanese are good@ designing the same compared to us . Even some one in M & M acknowledge that the entire Scorpio has many places where they can increase space .
For such a large vehicle the interior space could have definitely been managed better.
Attached Thumbnails
15 days old Scorpio VLX M Hawk - 1450 Kms on the Odo. Intial Ownership report.-centerconsle1.jpg  

15 days old Scorpio VLX M Hawk - 1450 Kms on the Odo. Intial Ownership report.-centerconsole2.jpg  

Old 18th December 2010, 09:41   #40
Senior - BHPian

yes, i agree. with a 4WD/automatic & airbags, the situation gets bad. since mine is neither (sadly), i get enough space in the car!

@ 4x4addict: buddy, i can solve your space problem, wanna exchange your 4WD beast with mine?!!
Old 20th December 2010, 02:43   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Raj

All cars now travel with 2-3 Cell phones , Water bottles . The Glove box could have been better. Some space can certainly realized if the Scorpio is redesigned .

Isnt an Odyssey about 60 cms longer than the Innova and 70 cms longer than that scorpio? No Wonder that extra half a meter space gobbles up luggage

Odyssey Dimensions

Length 2008–present: 202.1 in (5133 mm)

Width 77.1 in (1958 mm)

Height 70.0 in (1778 mm)

Innova Dimensions

Length 4,555 mm (179.3 in)
Width 1,770 mm (69.7 in)
Height 1,750 mm (68.9 in)

Scorpio Dimensions (Marginally shorter than Innova)

Length 176.9 in (4,493 mm)
Width 71.5 in (1,816 mm)
Height 77.8 in (1,976 mm)

Last edited by Buffetfan : 20th December 2010 at 02:45.
Old 24th December 2010, 10:51   #42
BHPian

Take a example of Innova

My brother's innova punctured yesterday and he came to Tyre professional in Basavanagudi to have it set right .

What i found was that Innova had a tool kit space in the back. ( Scorpio lacks this )
The tools in Scorpio does make lot of noise if not properly placed . This is irritating in the longer run

Coming to Odyssey dimensions , what i try to comment is that its huge space every where .

M & M does lack design expertise . Hope this improves after SSANONG buy out from Korea .

Coming back to my review above ,

Got my tyres filled with Nitrogen today . The Scorpio feels 20-30% lighter and makes life easier for us to driver this around .

Last edited by Ranga : 24th December 2010 at 11:09.
Old 28th March 2011, 15:39   #43
BHPian

Just to add on the Nitrogen experience , i have been driving the car for almost 3 1/2 months . I just checked the tyre pressure of the car @ Tyre professionals . Not even a single point down from what we did in December .

I strongly recommend nitrogen to all cars .
Old 28th March 2011, 15:45   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Ranga - thank you for your comments on Scorpio VLX. Do drive some more on highways, you will understand what I mean.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 28th March 2011, 17:08   #45
Senior - BHPian

Ranga,

Completely agree with you on the internal space utilization of Scorpio. There is a lot left to be desired by M&M on this front!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks