Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2009, 10:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ranga,
Nice great Car.Seems a good Fe.Enjoy the drive and comfort.I did wanted the Mhawk but unfortunately parking place and the total city lonely drive I settled with Ritz VDI. Pl keep updates.
Old 27th November 2009, 12:04   #17
BHPian

The headlights are from a make called Light Force . This is a Australian brand .

http://www.lightforce.com/images/pag...LISH_EMAIL.pdf

The light force light according to the catalogue can withstand a full blown swing or even a bullet shot ... ??? They also claim a You tube video ...

Audio Planet is a dealer for this brand . U can contact Kumar for the same .

I actually saw one of these with one more Scorpio owner who had come to fit ICE@ Audio Planet . This is very light , very good brand according to the Scorpio owner . It seems he has done 40K on high ways and connects this light only when he is on High ways . As this brand is very expensive , he removes the lights when he is in city traffic . This is to avoid any accidental touch and go for the lights connected on the bull bar of the Scorpio ..

My buying experience has been reported in my introduction thread ( Not so great ) with photographs . My patience was tested to the levels of Scorpion build quality on the road

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introd...bangalore.html (Hi Ranga from Bangalore)
Old 27th November 2009, 15:27   #18
BHPian

Light Force on You tube .

They are literally shooting @ this light to showcase how tough this one is built !!!!!!!

Old 27th November 2009, 16:14   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
Light Force on You tube .

They are literally shooting @ this light to showcase how tough this one is built !!!!!!!

YouTube - LIGHTFORCE "LIGHT LOGIC" V-1.0
I have seen LightForce lights on a couple of vehicles and have observed that the front "glass" of the lights is made of a plastic like material. I understand this as it is made to withstand heavy impacts but is that material not prone to scratches as it is not glass? Existing LF users may be able to comment.
Old 20th January 2010, 15:31   #20
BHPian

My M Hawk now has clocked 5400 Kms in 2months time . This is all because of our goa trip ( Travelogue available on Team BHP)

My vehicle has gone for First service and i just dropped my vehicle in Seerish Auto - Bangalore .
The feeling is not that great in Seerish . ( Seerish Hosur road )

As pointed out in some posts , M & M can never come near services offered by Toyota , Hyundai , Maruthi .

I was made to wait for 1/2 Hr even after arriving in time with a prior appointment . Very few vehicle advisers around & the feeling was not that great .

The adviser told me that to clean AC , they use some spray and also for cleaning the engine bay they will use some kind of spray . This costs 1200 Rs . This is no where mentioned in Mahindra booklet and it all looks like target achievement from Seerish Advisers . I said i didn't want to do anything extra other then the booklet .

The body language of the adviser was very bad . It was as if he was doing a favor to me in getting the service done . Surely if they ask for a feedback , i will mark a poor rating to the adviser .

They have passed a estimate of 1900 Rs for the service ...

I also observed that the brake pad and liners prices in Seerish today from the list .

It costs app 5K INR for break pad and liners . So after 10-15K on the Odo , its going to be crazy zombie bills for sure . If any one has experienced it after 10-15K kms let me know ......

Last edited by Ranga : 20th January 2010 at 15:34.
Old 20th January 2010, 17:21   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

What is a Liner? Is it part of the Brake?
Old 20th January 2010, 18:12   #22
BHPian

with sensible driving your brakes will last 25,000 kms. clutch about 60,000 kms plus. i changed mine at 55,000 just to be on the safe side for ladakh.
a host of parts will be covered under your extended warranty however please do check if your electrical warranty is still active, a lot of people loose it after ice(ing) their cars and mahindra is very strict on car mods.
another advise is that you carry out body work like attending to scratches dents etc thru a good garage as it will be a lot cheaper.
they will advise you to carry out carbon cleaning at 20,000 kms which is a waste i'd recommend tanking up with high speed diesel or turbojet and doing a long run (read 1100kms bombay bangalore in one day or something similar) to clear your engine up.
i found switching to nitrogen a complete waste as i keep tweaking my tyre pressure (2.6 crde) to 28 (cold condition at night) when i go for a long high speed drive and still get about 11.5 while cruising at 120 and if people start talking about tyre wear my tyres have run 71000 km and look good for another 10-15,000 kms. i maintain it at 30 when in the city.
regarding the lights may i recommend you switch to 90 100 as it is satisfactory. i did this after my warranty period had finished but with my new m-hawk (awaiting delivery for 4wd) i inted to do it thru the service centre as i have a good personnal rapport with them. however i am yet to see if the new scorp with the blue headlamps is satisfactory or not.

in a drum brake the inner part of the drum has a liner which the brake shoe is pressd against to stop your car. these need to be replaced from time to time.
Old 21st January 2010, 10:17   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
with sensible driving your brakes will last 25,000 kms.
Yes, I guess as I have not yet changed the brake pads for my ride with 30k+ Odo reading as of now. Now sensible driving or not-I do not know.
Old 25th January 2010, 18:43   #24
BHPian

The liner itself costs 2K +

Time and again changes Wow ...
Old 27th January 2010, 13:32   #25
BHPian

the Sirish Auto team actually asked me not to use Micro Hybrid till 1K Kms or first service .

This feature is still not working in my Scorpio M Hawk . ( From date of the car delivery - Nov -11 till date ) Has any one been advised on the same when using the M Hawk in initial days ?

Well for the first service , i went all the way to Hosur Road for my car service .

My queries were

1. Micro Hybrid was not working from day one .
2. Noise while breaking
3. Back door was not closing properly and i used to get the door open symbol with voice guide

My car was dropped in Seerish @ 10AM in the morning with a Pre appointment call .

What Seerish did ?

1. Made me wait for 1/2 hr . No adviser around .
2. They look to have two set of ad visors - One for Paid , One for free service .
3. That day looks like they were short of hands ....
4. They asked me to pick the car @ 5PM in the evening . Later i got a call that the car would be available around 6PM .
5. I went to Seerish around 5.45 and was made to wait for another 1/2Hr
6. Micro Hybrid was still not working - Even in spite of me asking for this and it was on the Job card .
7. At 6.45 they told me that MH feature needs lab top and would take another 1Hr
8. I was in no mood to wait . Paid my bills and was heading back home ( Free service costed 1,800 Rs )

Over all Seerish

1. Very lackluster attitude from service team
2. In spite of appointment , no one came to attend my car
3. Made me wait for 1/2 hr
4. Ad visors are not communicative . ( My overall feeling was that i had come to a place where they service tractors and not cars .My previous experiences has been with Maruthi , Hyundai . These guys are no where near - M & M has a long long way to go ..
5. My car delivery was slated @ 5PM - Not sure what they did with it from 10- 5PM .
6. For service, i would suggest we try India Garage and SKS .
7. Micro Hybrid feature still not working on my car ..

Last edited by Ranga : 27th January 2010 at 13:47.
Old 27th January 2010, 13:49   #26
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

good input - thanks!

my brakes on my 21 month old LX 2.6 Crde (2WD) are still excellent after 25000 km plus. The clutch is still butter soft - I hate riding the clutch and I dont give this vehicle to anyone to drive.

I am now planning to buy the extended warranty for another 2 years as truly, the list of parts covered are exhaustive and the deal is well worth it at Rs 12999/- for the extra 2 years! The existing warranty expires in April so next month or so I will buy the extended one.

The M&M Scorpio extended warranty is applicable for 48 months/ 100,000 kms, whichever comes earlier, calculated from the date of purchase invoice.

However one recent deletion to the parts covered under warranty by Mahindra, has been the clutch assembly, pressure plates, facings etc - largely as I understand it from the dealer, because loads of Scorpio users tend to sit on the clutch and increase wear and tear considerably and it is no longer economically viable for M&M to cover the clutch under the warranty.

I havent changed the headlamp assembly to 90/100 halogens etc. Am very comfortable with the plain regular stock headlamps which are powerful enough for me -even while using the vehicle in the hills and at night, in foggy conditions etc - no problem at all.

Nitrogen in my opinion too is a complete waste of time - On my dad's recommendation, I used it on one of my out of town holidays and when I reached my destination the whole pressure was shot beyond redemption. Notwithstanding what anyone else (including my dad) may say, I am sticking to plain free of charge AIR!

I keep a constant tyre pressure of 32 all around and still seem able to get my 10kmpl in city and 12.5 on highways (as demonstrated in my last short driving holiday a month ago). I have my own gauge to monitor the tyre pressure. Again as mentioned in other posts I dont generally go faster than 110kmph on highways - thats a nice bearable and comfortable speed for my requirements. In City - forget it - Bangalore stop-start-signal bound traffic means average speeds of 5kmph or something like that so I tend to switch off at signals and re-start when the green light comes on.(Renewing my ANTI-WASTE -GREEN-INSPIRATION from that recent ad on TV where the kid says he wants to open a cycle shop because soon there wont be any more petrol left to put in cars!)

The vehicle has recently come back from its 25000 km First Paid Service at SKS Auto Bangalore. I had all the oils changed (engine, gearbox and differential etc) plus some other minor stuff here and there and the bill was a reasonable 6876/-. Good value in my opinion.

Its a good vehicle, the Scorpio - My wife and I recently sold off our small Swift and are happily managing with just one car in the family as we used to do earlier.

Im now driving the Scorpio all the time for all kinds of commutes and trips here and there and believe me, I am enjoying it more and more with each passing day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
with sensible driving your brakes will last 25,000 kms. clutch about 60,000 kms plus. i changed mine at 55,000 just to be on the safe side for ladakh.
a host of parts will be covered under your extended warranty however please do check if your electrical warranty is still active, a lot of people loose it after ice(ing) their cars and mahindra is very strict on car mods.
another advise is that you carry out body work like attending to scratches dents etc thru a good garage as it will be a lot cheaper.
they will advise you to carry out carbon cleaning at 20,000 kms which is a waste i'd recommend tanking up with high speed diesel or turbojet and doing a long run (read 1100kms bombay bangalore in one day or something similar) to clear your engine up.
i found switching to nitrogen a complete waste as i keep tweaking my tyre pressure (2.6 crde) to 28 (cold condition at night) when i go for a long high speed drive and still get about 11.5 while cruising at 120 and if people start talking about tyre wear my tyres have run 71000 km and look good for another 10-15,000 kms. i maintain it at 30 when in the city.
regarding the lights may i recommend you switch to 90 100 as it is satisfactory. i did this after my warranty period had finished but with my new m-hawk (awaiting delivery for 4wd) i inted to do it thru the service centre as i have a good personnal rapport with them. however i am yet to see if the new scorp with the blue headlamps is satisfactory or not.

in a drum brake the inner part of the drum has a liner which the brake shoe is pressd against to stop your car. these need to be replaced from time to time.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 27th January 2010 at 13:53.
Old 27th January 2010, 14:16   #27
BANNED

SKS Automobiles is any day a better MASS than Shireesh. I go there too and have more often than not, returned happy.
In fact, they sent me a courier last week reminding me of the next service kms etc. Nothing pushy but just a courier.

Also, they have 2 outlets in Bangalore. One at Bannerghatta road and the other at Hosur Road, so downtime is comparatively lesser.

Coming to the vehicle, it is a dream. Troublefree, reliable, comfortable and a superb mile muncher. I own a CRDe so cannot comment about the MHawk as I have been hearing a few complaints here and there but nevertheless it is the best in its segment.
Old 27th January 2010, 14:29   #28
BHPian

@ ranga
my first service was carried out at india garage in 2005 and i think they are (were) pretty good.

@ shankar
being a swift diesel owner as well, the stock scorpio lights are heavenly when compared to the swift but i think a stronger set of headlights is a big plus when one goes on an all nighter. glad to know that someone shares my views about nitrogen.
Old 28th January 2010, 09:52   #29
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

FYI - SKS incidentally is opening one more Showroom for Sales of M&M vehicles - this is near Green Cars in Koramangala and it could be opened up by March or so.

When they took over Vijai Auto, they werent able to lease the earlier Vijai Auto Showroom location right opposite Sony World in Koramangala owing to some issues between the property owners. Therefore they continued only with the Bannerghatta Road Showroom but luckily have kept both Service Works open - the one in Bannerghatta Road as well as the other one in Hosur Road.

Most of the staff of Vijai Auto have been absorbed by SKS and I am as comfortable with SKS as I was with Vijai - largely on account of the service advisors, workshop people and other staff who havent changed.

So far the SKS guys have looked after my Scorpio very well and Im happy for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
SKS Automobiles is any day a better MASS than Shireesh. I go there too and have more often than not, returned happy.
In fact, they sent me a courier last week reminding me of the next service kms etc. Nothing pushy but just a courier.

Also, they have 2 outlets in Bangalore. One at Bannerghatta road and the other at Hosur Road, so downtime is comparatively lesser.

Coming to the vehicle, it is a dream. Troublefree, reliable, comfortable and a superb mile muncher. I own a CRDe so cannot comment about the MHawk as I have been hearing a few complaints here and there but nevertheless it is the best in its segment.
Old 28th January 2010, 16:58   #30
BHPian

Thanks for the inputs . Surely i don't want to pass my vehicle for next service with Seerish .

They are surely never near SKS service. I had booked my M Hawk in SKS and had to force fully go to Seerish due to lack of availability .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks