Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2009, 12:14   #16
BHPian

Congrats for the car. For me also the choice was between Punto & i20,bowed out to i20 finally.
I might have seen your car since I also stay at Roseland Residency @Pimple Saudagar. Would be good to meet a fellow BHpian.
Old 6th December 2009, 15:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

wow, congratulations on your italian beauty, my indica share the same parking space with my neighbours Punto Medium Grey and each day i keep admiring his car.Gread FE as well considering your city and petrol engine.Enjoy your ride.
Old 6th December 2009, 16:14   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratos11 View Post
Congrats for the car. For me also the choice was between Punto & i20,bowed out to i20 finally.
I might have seen your car since I also stay at Roseland Residency @Pimple Saudagar. Would be good to meet a fellow BHpian.
Quite possible. I stay at Element 5. Looking forward to meet you sometime.
Old 6th December 2009, 23:08   #19
BHPian

congratulations! welcome to the club of Punto owners. FYI I got my 1.4 Epack just two weeks back in Blue color.
Old 7th December 2009, 11:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see some more Puntos raining again on T-bhp. Congratulations and ride safe
Old 7th December 2009, 14:28   #21
BHPian

Can someone suggest a good place for seat covers and window sunfilm in Pune? Also, I'd appreciate if can get some advice on the sunfilm quality, I am not looking for something very expensive.
Old 7th December 2009, 17:21   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daredeviljpr View Post
Can someone suggest a good place for seat covers and window sunfilm in Pune? Also, I'd appreciate if can get some advice on the sunfilm quality, I am not looking for something very expensive.
Try Carax in Wakad. Also, there are few in shops in MG Road where you can get more variety.
Old 8th December 2009, 02:18   #23

Hi Daredeviljpr, congrats on the new car. Punto looks great in grey as well. I was also confused between Punto and i20 but Punto stole my heart. I have a black 1.4 Emotion. By the way which fuel you are using? The normal one or the extra premium kind. Your fuel efficiency is too good. Am getting only 11 in the city.
Old 8th December 2009, 08:59   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daredeviljpr View Post
I recently went in for 3M CR70 front windshield sunfilm for Rs. 5500/-. Found it to be bit cheaper in city (Bafna @Ghole road, off FC Road). I am quite happy with it - it reduces glare in the nights. However, I haven't had opportunity to run in hot noon sun to verify its cooling capabilities.

Seat covers - I am also considering S-Tek from stanley, I have been quoted at around Rs. 16000/-. However, it is new technology and we don't have long-term usage reviews. I hope it is not some sort of improved artificial leather!

@kumar7 - thanks for your review and pictures of seat covers. Where did you get the work done?
Old 8th December 2009, 09:06   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustiguy View Post
Hi Daredeviljpr, congrats on the new car. Punto looks great in grey as well. I was also confused between Punto and i20 but Punto stole my heart. I have a black 1.4 Emotion. By the way which fuel you are using? The normal one or the extra premium kind. Your fuel efficiency is too good. Am getting only 11 in the city.
Thanks and congrats for your car. It's good you followed your heart, Punto is a great car. I too was going for a black color but then the maintenance would have been very difficult. I did not want this beauty to look ugly covered with dust. Hence, opted for Medium Grey.

I use normal petrol from HP. The manual suggests normal petrol and not the premium one. I always keep the Instantaneous Consumption on and that helps.
Old 8th December 2009, 12:05   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustiguy View Post
Hi mustiguy, congrats to you too. By the way I am from Bangalore as well. Its better to gather city FE specific to Bangalore, because even I am getting around 10.4 to 10.8 in city traffic in my punto 1.4. So your 11 kmpl is decent given the fact that we stay in Bangalore, where roads are not that wide. Other cities the roads are wide and its fast moving traffic. I did clock 12.9 kmpl once, but that was around 10 p.m on ORR. So lets curse our Bangy traffic more than our Puntos.
Old 8th December 2009, 12:23   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by privin View Post
I recently went in for 3M CR70 front windshield sunfilm for Rs. 5500/-. Found it to be bit cheaper in city (Bafna @Ghole road, off FC Road). I am quite happy with it - it reduces glare in the nights. However, I haven't had opportunity to run in hot noon sun to verify its cooling capabilities.
hi Privin, Did you also evaluate the CarEx showroom in Baner?

I am also keen to getting the front windshield fixed but seriously unsure by the options available. 3M/VCool/Garware..
Old 8th December 2009, 12:30   #28
BHPian

Hi Samsan. Completely agree with you. I own a Punto MJD and I get only 12~13km/l in Bangalore traffic even for the diesel engine with 100% AC on. Most of the fuel efficiency is lost in slow moving or stand still traffic. The same vehicle gave me 21km/l with 100% AC on ehen driving at 80km/h in highway. In places like Chennai, Delhi etc, I have seen people getting 17km/l and they have big wide roads with free moving traffic
Old 8th December 2009, 14:55   #29
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase, another 1.4 owner from Pune.
Today morning I was followed by a similar color Punto (going towards Hinjewadi), was that you?
Old 8th December 2009, 14:59   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Hi Samsan. Completely agree with you. I own a Punto MJD and I get only 12~13km/l in Bangalore traffic even for the diesel engine with 100% AC on. Most of the fuel efficiency is lost in slow moving or stand still traffic. The same vehicle gave me 21km/l with 100% AC on ehen driving at 80km/h in highway. In places like Chennai, Delhi etc, I have seen people getting 17km/l and they have big wide roads with free moving traffic
i think you need to look into your driving style , i always get 15-16 kmpl in bangalore b2b traffic most users on punto group also report the similar millage .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks