Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2009, 15:23   #31
BHPian

Hi ms001, I get the 15~16km/l mileage when I dive in Bangalore traffic without AC. Do you get 15~16km/l with 100% AC on? If yes, then I guess it has something to do with the average speed in which you can drive. I drive from Rajarajeshwarinagar to Embassy golf links in IRR. The route in which I drive is totally pathetic in peak hours. I take 90 minutes to cover a distance of 20kms with average speed at 12~13km/h. I guess this is the reason for my low mileage.

I can improve this by turning off the engine whenever there is a dead stop. But I always have a scare in my mind what if the engine doesnot start when I restart. I will stall the whole Mysore road traffic!!! So I keep the engine On always
Old 8th December 2009, 15:40   #32
BHPian

Congrats and it's good to see more and more additions in the Punto 1.4 FIRE club (Though we already have many MJD owners). I also own one with Emotion variant and after first service my FE has improved by 1 KM (on average). Now I can easily extract 12 km/l in the worst traffic of Kolkata, where it's difficult to put car even in 4th gear in peak traffic timings.
It's a great car and do check for your clutch Fuse Cylinder replacement, only if it isrequired. I got my changed and clutch has become a bit softer after replacement.
drive safe.......
Old 8th December 2009, 15:47   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Hi ms001, I get the 15~16km/l mileage when I dive in Bangalore traffic without AC. Do you get 15~16km/l with 100% AC on? If yes, then I guess it has something to do with the average speed in which you can drive. I drive from Rajarajeshwarinagar to Embassy golf links in IRR. The route in which I drive is totally pathetic in peak hours. I take 90 minutes to cover a distance of 20kms with average speed at 12~13km/h. I guess this is the reason for my low mileage.

I can improve this by turning off the engine whenever there is a dead stop. But I always have a scare in my mind what if the engine doesnot start when I restart. I will stall the whole Mysore road traffic!!! So I keep the engine On always
i drive from HSR to EGL , there is no traffic in the morning , but evening there is medium traffic , the figures are with 50% A.C. and average speed of around 17~20 kmpl.
Old 8th December 2009, 16:36   #34
BHPian

That explains the difference ms001. With driving style similar to yours I get about 16kms/l. I have seen it when driving off peak hours. By the way, I also work in Maruthi Infotech center just in front of EGL. I have seen a grey Punto parked in one of the buildings when we come for lunch at Pyramid. Is that yours?
Old 8th December 2009, 16:42   #35
Senior - BHPian

beautiful color, now i know whose car i see in pimple saudagar. the wheels look amazing when on move. i stay at dwarka queens park near elements 5. i guess you are getting a good mileage of 13km/lt. my friends punto gives around 10-11, but then he drives to hinjewadi.
Old 8th December 2009, 16:56   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
That explains the difference ms001. With driving style similar to yours I get about 16kms/l. I have seen it when driving off peak hours. By the way, I also work in Maruthi Infotech center just in front of EGL. I have seen a grey Punto parked in one of the buildings when we come for lunch at Pyramid. Is that yours?
no mine is red in color and parked in basement
Old 8th December 2009, 17:47   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nav75 View Post
Today morning I was followed by a similar color Punto (going towards Hinjewadi), was that you?
Nopes. My travel if towards Pune University from Pimple Saudagar. What is your car's color?
Old 9th December 2009, 11:51   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daredeviljpr View Post
Nopes. My travel if towards Pune University from Pimple Saudagar. What is your car's color?
Its red. I also travel towards Parihar Chowk from Jagtap Dairy. But I leave early to avoid the rush hour traffic.
Old 9th December 2009, 13:14   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Hi mustiguy, congrats to you too. By the way I am from Bangalore as well. Its better to gather city FE specific to Bangalore, because even I am getting around 10.4 to 10.8 in city traffic in my punto 1.4. So your 11 kmpl is decent given the fact that we stay in Bangalore, where roads are not that wide. Other cities the roads are wide and its fast moving traffic. I did clock 12.9 kmpl once, but that was around 10 p.m on ORR. So lets curse our Bangy traffic more than our Puntos.
I was filling the normal petrol but recently I switched to Shell Super. I got 13kmpl with that. But it seems in the manual they asked to stick to normal petrol. Not sure if filling Shell Super is harmful. If anyone can illuminate on this one.
Old 12th December 2009, 23:31   #40
BHPian

Today I went to Carax, Pune to get quotation for seat covers, sunfilm and Paint Protection. The quotation I got is :

Sun Film -
Windshield 3M CR70 Rs. 6,500/-
Ice Cool Grande for four doors and rear Rs. 6,500/-.

Seat Covers
PU Leather with Art Leather for the back rest - Rs. 9200/-

3M Paint Protection (1 + 2) - Rs. 4000/-
(complimentary polishing for inner plastic like dashboard and door panels etc.)

Engine Waxing - Rs. 1300/-
(I don't what this means and is this really required, did not ask for it but was included in the quotation)

Now, my question is, are the prices mentioned justified or I need to negotiate more. I am confused as to what should be done first and what can be left for a few months later.

Suggestions welcome.
Old 13th December 2009, 16:25   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by privin View Post
@kumar7 - thanks for your review and pictures of seat covers. Where did you get the work done?
I done it from Poona Motors, Pulgate, Camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daredeviljpr View Post
Today I went to Carax, Pune to get quotation for seat covers, sunfilm and Paint Protection. The quotation I got is :

Sun Film -
Windshield 3M CR70 Rs. 6,500/-
Ice Cool Grande for four doors and rear Rs. 6,500/-.

Seat Covers
PU Leather with Art Leather for the back rest - Rs. 9200/-

3M Paint Protection (1 + 2) - Rs. 4000/-
(complimentary polishing for inner plastic like dashboard and door panels etc.)

Engine Waxing - Rs. 1300/-
(I don't what this means and is this really required, did not ask for it but was included in the quotation)

Now, my question is, are the prices mentioned justified or I need to negotiate more. I am confused as to what should be done first and what can be left for a few months later.

Suggestions welcome.
I been to Carrex and I liked the way they treat customers. IMO if you wish to go for 3M Sunfilm then I recommend accessory shop @ Darshan Tyres,Vimannagar (Mr.Sunil) as he is the direct supplier of 3M product & even send people at your door step to do the work.

Seat cover - I recommend Poona Motors but don't visit on weekend as they are very busy so if you want a good deal then visit on any other working day and get the work done on Saturday (on Sunday its closed).

Under coating - Not sure but here again Mr.Sunil should able to recommend you the direct contact. I also planning to go for under body coating from 3M.

Last edited by kumar7 : 13th December 2009 at 16:29.
Old 13th December 2009, 20:44   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
IMO if you wish to go for 3M Sunfilm then I recommend accessory shop @ Darshan Tyres,Vimannagar (Mr.Sunil) as he is the direct supplier of 3M product & even send people at your door step to do the work.
Please give me Mr. Sunil's contant nos if you have, I'll call him to get a quote.
Old 13th December 2009, 21:54   #43
BHPian

Congratulations daredeiljpr,the Grey beauty looks beautiful.

So somehow you friend helped you to get into a TATA showroom.
The FE you are getting in city conditions sounds good too.

Ohh. I just recognized,you from Pune. So ready for T-BHP meets with your new beauty ?
Which TATA showroom had you been to ?

Enjoy driving.

Last edited by Neil.Bhujbal : 13th December 2009 at 21:56.
Old 13th December 2009, 22:15   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil.Bhujbal View Post
Congratulations daredeiljpr,the Grey beauty looks beautiful.

So somehow you friend helped you to get into a TATA showroom.
The FE you are getting in city conditions sounds good too.

Ohh. I just recognized,you from Pune. So ready for T-BHP meets with your new beauty ?
Which TATA showroom had you been to ?

Enjoy driving.
As a matter of fact Yes, my friend helped me get into a TATA showroom and got a chance to see the Punto in real. I liked the car when saw it in print media but loved it when saw it in real.

I went to BU Bhandari, Psahan road and also purchased from there.

I'd like to be in the T-BHP meet. Is there any T-BHP meet coming up?
Old 19th December 2009, 22:44   #45
BHPian

Here's my Punto's FE figures.
Attached Thumbnails
Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion Pack, Medium Grey-tribmeter-b.jpg  

Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion Pack, Medium Grey-trip-meter-.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks