Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2010, 19:15   #31
BHPian

Unbelievable, but true. The following picture was taken after a long 20+ km drive IN THE CITY. The route was from south mumbai to Andheri East at around 10 AM.

(Of course, this is average consumption and not instantaneous consumption. )
Attached Thumbnails
The Superb Superb-img_0444.jpg  

Last edited by holysmoke : 23rd May 2010 at 19:16.
Old 23rd May 2010, 19:34   #32
BHPian

I thought it showed lit consumed/100 kms. Do you get kmpl display as a option?
Old 23rd May 2010, 20:13   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
I thought it showed lit consumed/100 kms. Do you get kmpl display as a option?
yeah.. its just a setting to be changed in the MID.
Old 23rd May 2010, 20:33   #34
Senior - BHPian

It is raining Superbs on this forum.

It really is the best out there in VFM & Space categories.
Old 23rd May 2010, 20:59   #35
BHPian

Congrats holysmoke for the Superb. The mighty Skoda showing such exceptional efficiency!! Hats off to your driving style. Even my Zen does not give anything above 12.
Enjoy the SUPERB experience.
Old 24th May 2010, 18:04   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by holysmoke View Post
yeah.. its just a setting to be changed in the MID.
How does one change this setting?
Old 28th June 2010, 11:35   #37
BHPian

So I finally took the car out for a long drive (1000 kms over the weekend). The car just eats up the miles. Drove 1000 kms over the weekend and not one bit tired. Gave me an average of 12 kmpl with quite some high revving (sport mode, gearshifts @ 6500 rpm). The only issue I had with the car throught the trip was that the bottom touched a couple of speedbreakers.

The car really comes into its own in the night.
There are just so many lights in the car, the moment you open the door they all turn on.. it looks fantastic. The xenons provide excellent visibility, and if you look closely you can notice the lights turning their direction as you turn the steering wheel (very useful on sweeping turns). The dipper is very powerful, so other cars and trucks quickly move out of the way when you flash them. The interior LED's that illuminate the gearbox and door handles also look really classy.

Ofcourse, the car is really stable at high speeds, but that is expected out of a car of this range. Drove upto 160 when there was no traffic, otherwise kept an average of 100 kmph. Excellent brakes inspire confidence. No rattles or anything till now, touchwood. Cooled glovebox was a revelation. It actually kept some cans chilled. I had just expected them to be cooler than normal but they were really cool. Really enjoyed that chilled coke when it was 40 degrees outside. All 3 other passengers were extremely comfortable. I am still amazed everytime I sit in the back and see the amount of room. Very helpful on long drives when you can keep all the random bags on the floor and yet have more then enough legroom.
Old 5th July 2010, 20:32   #38
BHPian

Leisurely afternoon drive to the airport. AC was on 100% of the time on the lowest setting.
Attached Thumbnails
The Superb Superb-photo1.jpg  

Old 6th July 2010, 18:43   #39
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So I finally took the car out for a long drive (1000 kms over the weekend).
Goa? Can't think of any other 1000 kms round-trip fun destination from Mumbai.

Quote:
The car just eats up the miles. Drove 1000 kms over the weekend and not one bit tired.
European cars really come into their own on highways. Actually, they are built for the open road. The flat ride they usually possess, along with firm supportive seats, are responsible for keeping you fresh. Even after 8 - 10 hours of driving.

Question on something that's important to me : What was the driving range on a full tank (before you needed to fill up)?
Old 6th July 2010, 21:29   #40
Senior - BHPian

Agree!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
European cars really come into their own on highways. Actually, they are built for the open road. The flat ride they usually possess, along with firm supportive seats, are responsible for keeping you fresh. Even after 8 - 10 hours of driving.
Hi GTO,

I very gladly agree with your statement above. I just completed a round trip to Maharashtra this May on my Fabia 1.4 Petrol. I took about 15 hrs in total to cover Bangalore - Mumbai [not continuous driving] and not a problem or fatigue faced. The drive was wonderful.

Cheers
aK
Old 7th July 2010, 11:53   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Goa? Can't think of any other 1000 kms round-trip fun destination from Mumbai.

Question on something that's important to me : What was the driving range on a full tank (before you needed to fill up)?
Surat+Vadodara.

I dont know the exact figure for a full tank, but I can give you the following. I filled up regular 91 octane to autocutoff in the morning in vadodara, drove to surat, did 40-50 km in surat and came back to bombay. The total km done was around 468, and the car consumed little more than 38 liters of petrol. It's got a 60 liter tank, so you can approximate 700 liters on a full tank. This is with 100% AC and 4 passengers + luggage.
Old 16th July 2010, 12:04   #42
BHPian

Help!

Help!

My car got rear-ended yesterday

Car is currently lying with the dealer. Tail light broken, bumper has gone in, and so has the rear quarter panel. Now here's the thing. The quarter panel has been stretched, so now there is a small gap near the top of the rear windshield where the quarter panel has separated from the roof.
JMD told me that since it is a new car, they want to replace it rather than repair it. This means that they will have to order the part and then cut off the quarter panel that is damaged and weld on the new panel. The other option is that they can repair it to the best of their ability. Insurance surveyor has seen the car. He has approved it, but he called me and told me this.

If the quarter panel has to be replaced, then they have to order for a new part, then cut off the damaged part here and weld that part back on. This can lead to problems in the future. The other option is to ask JMD to repair it to the best of their ability. It's my call.

I have NO IDEA what to do. T-BHP to the rescue

PS- the difference in bill is not really a concern.

Last edited by holysmoke : 16th July 2010 at 12:06.
Old 16th July 2010, 12:13   #43
BHPian

Sad to hear about the incident.

Suggest you go ahead with a new quarter panel. You really don't know what would be the result of the best repair work, especially since a gap is not formed. A new panel would always be better from the future perspective as well when compared to a repaired panel.

Hope the Superb hits the roads again soon.

Cheers and Good Luck,
Old 16th July 2010, 12:14   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Help! This means that they will have to order the part and then cut off the quarter panel that is damaged and weld on the new panel. The other option is that they can repair it to the best of their ability. Insurance surveyor has seen the car. He has approved it, but he called me and told me this.

If the quarter panel has to be replaced, then they have to order for a new part, then cut off the damaged part here and weld that part back on. This can lead to problems in the future. The other option is to ask JMD to repair it to the best of their ability. It's my call.

I have NO IDEA what to do. T-BHP to the rescue

PS- the difference in bill is not really a concern.
This is the best option and if done, one cannot really detect difference. I have seen this done on a skoda and you cannot tell the difference

One caution though. when cutting the panel off. make sure the sunroof drain tubes are disconnected and reattached later on. These tubes run from the roof to the rear arch. when cutting the panel off, the tubes can get cut off also!

Also try and see the car once the new panel has been tack welded in place to see if no gaps are in place

Last edited by ajmat : 16th July 2010 at 12:46.
Old 16th July 2010, 13:30   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Sad to hear about the incident.

Suggest you go ahead with a new quarter panel. You really don't know what would be the result of the best repair work, especially since a gap is not formed. A new panel would always be better from the future perspective as well when compared to a repaired panel.

Hope the Superb hits the roads again soon.

Cheers and Good Luck,
Mis-spelled NOW to NOT.

This is what I really meant, "Suggest you go ahead with a new quarter panel. You really don't know what would be the result of the best repair work, especially since a gap is now formed."

Cheers,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks