Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2010, 14:30   #46
Senior - BHPian

Please put up a picture of the dent so we can comment more factually :-)
Cutting and re-welding the rear quarter panel is not really a step you want to do if the dent is minor ...

Good luck to getting your Superb back to its 'superb' state.
Old 16th July 2010, 15:18   #47
BHPian

Unfortunately I dont have pictures of the car. But I can assure you that the dent isnt minor. The rear light broke and that part of the car has gone a bit inside. Also, it has been stretched out, almost as if someone is trying to pull it out, and there is a slight fold somewhere where the fuel filler would be. (the fuel tank is on the right side actually)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Mis-spelled NOW to NOT.

This is what I really meant, "Suggest you go ahead with a new quarter panel. You really don't know what would be the result of the best repair work, especially since a gap is now formed."

Cheers,
I think that replacing it rather than repairing it seems the way to go, judging by the responses. When the surveyor told me that JMD can try to repair it, "to the best of their ability", it kind of scared me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
This is the best option and if done, one cannot really detect difference. I have seen this done on a skoda and you cannot tell the difference

One caution though. when cutting the panel off. make sure the sunroof drain tubes are disconnected and reattached later on. These tubes run from the roof to the rear arch. when cutting the panel off, the tubes can get cut off also!

Also try and see the car once the new panel has been tack welded in place to see if no gaps are in place
Thanks, I'll try to do those things.
Old 26th July 2010, 00:33   #48
BHPian

hey holy smoke, your car returned or is it still patching up?
Old 23rd July 2011, 07:39   #49

Next Superb

Am quite a happy owner of the 2007 Skoda Superb V6 diesel compared to my Dad's 2005 C class that has always been in & out of the *** with it's monstrous bills. Other than the brand image (really is a different outlook when you get down from a Merc, even if it's a C Class, and a Superb at a social function like weddings, etc) I would like to know which car would be more recommendable? I looked at the E250 but worried about it's maintainence cost. The 7 year extended warranty of the new 5 series (whose suspension is softer now) attracted me, but quite disappointed with the back seat space. Same with the XF Jag, which would have been a fabulous owner driven car. So that brought me back to the Skoda Superb which has got loads of space behind, ample power when I want to use the car myself, easier on the wallet both to purchase and maintain, but lacks branding, which I should be able to live with by thinking sensibly. Hence am considering the next Superb to avoid making the small mistake I did the last time of buying a model which soon getting replaced with a new one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks