Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2010, 23:51   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Hi Gaddiwale

Did you have the chance to check SGII compatibility with the swift D? I have a Swift ABS model and want to get a scanguage but not sure if it will work
Hi mtnrajdeep,
Please check the below link for ScanGauge II thread (post #75). One of our fellow bhpian has already tested the compatibility of SGII with Swift DDiS, and reported its not compatible!

(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...can-gauge.html)
Old 25th April 2010, 16:24   #62
BHPian

Yes, I have read this. But that was a non ABS model so i'm just hoping that it works for the ABS model . I will try comparing the pin outs of the connector below the steering and see if its the same as in the Ritz since I have access to both the vehicles.
Old 12th May 2010, 14:08   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
That's really good FE for perol version. So far I got best of 23.12 kmpl in my Ritz VDi and always getting 20 kmpl or above. My average running cost (not considered service costs) is ~ Rs. 1.83/km. Happy with the cars performance so far.
I'm getting only 15KMPL with my new ritz vdi. 1500km done so far. I drive 100% in bangalore city with 70% AC. Shifting gears around 1.5-2k RPM. Am I doing something wrong while driving or my vehicle is having some problem?

Thanks,
SANSI
SANSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2010, 18:41   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANSI View Post
I'm getting only 15KMPL with my new ritz vdi. 1500km done so far. I drive 100% in bangalore city with 70% AC. Shifting gears around 1.5-2k RPM. Am I doing something wrong while driving or my vehicle is having some problem?

Thanks,
SANSI
Hi Sansi, as far as my car is concern I'm getting always an average of 20kmpl with an lowest of 18 kmpl and highest of 23 kmpl.

I'm sure you are maintaining proper tyre pressure, in Bangalore crawling traffic you cann't be sure of FE. I would suggests fill the tank full this weekend go for a trip to outskirts of Bangalore for atleast 100 km and then fill the car again (from the same bunk and auto-cut) and see the FE. I'm sure you'll get better avg., check with others in Bangalore who have Ritz VDi, what they are getting.
All the best.
gaddiwale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2010, 13:01   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
I would suggests fill the tank full this weekend go for a trip to outskirts of Bangalore for atleast 100 km and then fill the car again (from the same bunk and auto-cut) and see the FE.
Thats true. Thanks. I think I'm getting around 20kmpl in the highway drive. I did one more change to my fueling. Till now I was using normal diesel. Now I changed to XtraMile. Looks like it would give good mileage by looking at my digital fuel meter. Will update the exact mileage after next tankfull.

Thanks,
SANSI
Old 25th May 2010, 13:24   #66
BHPian

Hi,

I've a question.

Ritz is BS4. In major cities we get BS4 diesel. But in other places it is still on BS2. Last time when I went to my native I was foreced to fill the BS2 fuel. I enquired one of the Maruti showroom selling Ritz there. He told it is absolutely fine to fill petrol in my town. When I called the BIMAL service person in Bangalore he also told it is fine to put diesel in any place. But I read in some articles that using BS2 diesel in BS4 car will affect the engine. Is it true in case of Ritz as well? How to deal with this issue when we go for a long drive where no major cities crosses in between to fill BS4 fuel?

Thanks,
SANSI
Old 30th May 2010, 15:39   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I've a question.

Ritz is BS4. In major cities we get BS4 diesel. But in other places it is still on BS2. Last time when I went to my native I was foreced to fill the BS2 fuel. I enquired one of the Maruti showroom selling Ritz there. He told it is absolutely fine to fill petrol in my town. When I called the BIMAL service person in Bangalore he also told it is fine to put diesel in any place. But I read in some articles that using BS2 diesel in BS4 car will affect the engine. Is it true in case of Ritz as well? How to deal with this issue when we go for a long drive where no major cities crosses in between to fill BS4 fuel?

Thanks,
SANSI
Hi,
Yes, Ritz is BS IV compliant and launched well ahead of introduction of BS IV fuel were available in India. So I guess, filling BS III fuel in this car is not an issue. Otherwise Maruti would not launched the vehicle in BS III time and sale the same car in non-BS IV cities. Though there are some people who thinks differtently.
Quote:
According to technical experts, except for 11 cities providing BS-III fuel the rest of the country runs on the lower grade BS-II fuel. Experts say that running an older engine compliant with BS-I or BS-II fuel, on the richer BS-III and BS-IV does not cause any problem, but the problem arises when BS-IV compliant engines are made to run on inferior quality fuels.

Running such a new generation engine on inferior quality fuel causes severe damage to the Internal parts, eventually resulting in poor fuel efficiency, reduced engine life, lower pick-up, and refinement problems and the reason behind overall reduction in the performance of the vehicle is the High Sulphur content and Lower Octane levels.

From 1st April, BS-IV fuel will be made mandatory in major 13 cities namely: National Capital Region, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Pune, Surat, Kanpur and Agra and the rest of the country will be upgraded to BS-III from BS-II fuel.
An executive from Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (Siam) quoted, “We have a particular concern about the unavailability of the correct fuel from April 1. The current range of engines is tuned in such a way that they can handle both types of fuels (BS-II and BS-III). The next generation engine, of BS-IV, will be more tuned to handle BS-III than BS-II. If there is a sustained mismatch in fuel quality for about a month, then there will definitely be a very negative impact on performance. Most likely, there would be a knocking tendency while acceleration, much reduced fuel efficiency levels and a long-term impact on the life of the vehicle.”
The problem with the BS-IV compliant engines revolves around the high sulphur content present in different qualities of fuel available in the market and the new engines are not supposed to run on inferior quality fuel like the BS-II which has the highest sulphur content with 500 , in BS-III its 150 and in BS-IV it is nearly 50. Similarly if an engine is made to run on minimum octane level of 91 then it cannot run on 88 octane later and will face problems. Another problem that is likely to come up is the depletion of the life of the catalytic converter which is the device solely responsible for emission of harmless emissions, so if the life of the catalytic converter gets reduced then the harmful emissions will also increase.
Onboard Diagnostic (OBD) system helps the owner or the technician to keep a track of the state of health of the sub-systems installed and is designed to warn the driver in case of any problem. So if inferior quality fuel is made to enter the engine then the OBD system will trigger alarms repeatedly.
Siam’s officials also say that there is no estimation of the impact caused by lower grade fuel on the new BS-IV compliant engines and the damage will depend on many factors like how long or how often BS-II fuel is used and the driver’s habit of driving.
Courtesy: www.carblogindia.com

You can also see the thread Bharat Stage IV (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-stage-iv.html) for more details.

Thanks.

Last edited by gaddiwale : 30th May 2010 at 15:41.
Old 1st August 2010, 00:58   #68
BHPian

10,000 km report of my prized possession

Updating the thread after 2 months. By this time car has logged ~12000 km. Completed both 2nd and 3rd free servicings.

Details of 2nd free servicing (06.03.2010)-

Done at 5137 km.
Total cost involved Rs. Nil.
Other cost - Rs. 1680/- (Body side moulding and bumper moulding set), Rs. 250/- Registration no. etching on all the glass.

Details of 3rd free servicing (13.07.2010)-

Done at 10238 km.
Total cost involved Rs. 1296/-
Break up - Oil filter (334.22), Coolant (250 ml, 52.22), Engine oil (3.1 lit, 744.00), remaining are gasket, screen wash solution.
Both the wiper blades were changed under warranty (RH - Rs. 160.00, LH - Rs. 136.00)

Noticed the engine oil price has increased by Rs. 25/lit (Dec, 2009 - Rs. 215/lit, now Rs. 240/lit).

Car is running perfectly alright.

Happy with the FE getting in return 20.22 kmpl. Thus, my per km running cost (fuel and servicing) is Rs. 2.34/-. The details is included in the attached excel sheet - Dashbord.

Ritz Maintenance History_TBHP.xls

During this heavy monsoon I badly realized that the car should have rear wiper and defogger.

OE headlamps were awful, replaced that with Phillips Rally 100/90w. This is the bulb I recommend to everybody. Earlier I fitted with Lumax really but gone kaput with in a month or so, changed that with Hella really.

I liked the AC, performed well during summer (very few time turned to position 2 or above). Now-a-days (in monsoon), can not keep the AC run long time (in position 1) my ears become chilling cool, switch of for some time. Alas! Maruti could have provide climate control in Ritz too.

Front mud flaps are not adequate - front tyers throws mud and slush on the front doors and portion below.

After 20000 km I'll go for a bigger tyers as well as alloy wheels.

So far happy with the car's performance as well as with MASS experience.
gaddiwale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2010, 23:47   #69

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 17th August 2010 at 17:12.
TechnoGeek is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th August 2010, 13:50   #70
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks,
SANSI

Hi Guys,

Even I am getting an average mileage of 14-15kmpl in my Ritz VDi - with 70% AC. I was expecting at least 18kmpl

Regards,
Vishal
Old 13th August 2010, 14:05   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Hi Guys,

Even I am getting an average mileage of 14-15kmpl in my Ritz VDi - with 70% AC. I was expecting at least 18kmpl

Regards,
Vishal
Hi,

With some time I realized 15kmpl in Bangalore traffique is nothing to worry. Its a very good figure. I think I'm getting around 21-22 in highway. To be precise we cannot count on city mileage at all. It heavily depends on the city, route, time of travel, etc, etc.. So any comparison will not be practical.

Regards,
Anbu
Old 16th August 2010, 20:24   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

With some time I realized 15kmpl in Bangalore traffique is nothing to worry. Its a very good figure. I think I'm getting around 21-22 in highway. To be precise we cannot count on city mileage at all. It heavily depends on the city, route, time of travel, etc, etc.. So any comparison will not be practical.

Regards,
Anbu

Thanks Anbu ..

This is on Mumbai roads and my travel timings are such that there isnt much bumper to bumper traffic and its usually a smooth sail.

I am planning to ask the service guys to check it once when I give it for my second servicing... Other thing I have noticed is that I always get a lower mileage in Mumbai than in Blore or Chennai or Hyd city driving (ya i travel a lot) - which i suppose is because of the fuel adulteration levels in Mumbai ..

Vizz
Old 23rd December 2010, 15:12   #73
BHPian

Re: My Prized Possession - Ritz Vdi

Gaddiwale,
Any plans for tires and alloy wheels.Those JKs are the crappiest in the world except for fuel efficiency,which they are great.We planned for a set of yokos or any other good tyres.Also visit our LT review of ritz.
Please update
SHK
Old 23rd December 2010, 15:37   #74
Senior - BHPian

Gaddiwale.
Any update on the oil levels , after you got it checked last time , is it still the same or its on the right level now.
Keep us posted .
Old 23rd December 2010, 21:19   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Gaddiwale,
Any plans for tires and alloy wheels.Those JKs are the crappiest in the world except for fuel efficiency,which they are great.We planned for a set of yokos or any other good tyres.Also visit our LT review of ritz.
Please update
SHK
New tires long over due.. lack of vitamin M sir. I'll go for Michiline XM1+, but it'll punch a hole of almost Rs. 25000/- for 5 tires. May be after 25000 km, I'll go for new rubbers for my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Gaddiwale.
Any update on the oil levels , after you got it checked last time , is it still the same or its on the right level now.
Keep us posted .
The level is gone down, tomorrow I'll update the status in the earlier thread. By the way what is the oil level in your car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks