Team-BHP - Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/74219-review-1st-gen-ford-figo-2010-a-530.html)

Hi All,

I am sorry to say but i still face the issue with the stock music player. The music player just doesnt recognize my USB and even if it does, it doesnt play all the songs or stops after playing a few songs. I have tried all combination of folders and files (Keeping files as it is in the USB , organizing them into folders etc). I am stuck with using my ipod and my phone to play songs which is kinda irritating. Does anyone have a permanent fix for this problem?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aravind_ragu (Post 3072438)
Does anyone have a permanent fix for this problem?

Hi Aravind, i just wanted to ask what file system have you formatted your pen drive to?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aravind_ragu (Post 3072438)
Hi All,

I am sorry to say but i still face the issue with the stock music player. The music player just doesnt recognize my USB and even if it does, it doesnt play all the songs or stops after playing a few songs.

I suggest you check the format of the songs. Some of them might not be in mp3 format.

I too had the same issue, but after changing the format for those few songs, they are playing fine.

While on this topic, I was perplexed on how to receive a phone call via the music system. My phone rang yesterday, and I mistakenly pressed the central knob (on/ off knob), which messed up the call and merely switched on the system. My phone was already connected by bluetooth.

I also saw 'SMS' displayed once on the system, but have no clue on how to read it via the system.

Ended up reading an article online regarding the tdci engine. It seems the tdci engine is hooked up to a borg-warner kp35 twin-scroll turbo-charger. Impressive tech! But i must say i don't exactly know how it will compare to a VGT driven 16V DOHC engines or if a VGT is used for the tdci motor itself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 3072159)
Can you post details of parts changed? I'm asking because a colleague was recently charged 23 K for similar damage. He was fortunate to get 5 K from the Swift owner who rear-ended him. I guess with that money, there was no monetary loss to him at all.

Find below the details of parts:

Hi Devakumar, am i reading it right or is there tax for screws :O?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 3072580)
I suggest you check the format of the songs. Some of them might not be in mp3 format.

I too had the same issue, but after changing the format for those few songs, they are playing fine.

While on this topic, I was perplexed on how to receive a phone call via the music system. My phone rang yesterday, and I mistakenly pressed the central knob (on/ off knob), which messed up the call and merely switched on the system. My phone was already connected by bluetooth.

I also saw 'SMS' displayed once on the system, but have no clue on how to read it via the system.

When the music player is turned off and your phone rings, the system turns itself on automatically enabling you to receive the call. It has happened to me twice since the player is turned on if the car is running. :)

The player allows you to enable SMS alerts but does not display the message on the player.

Guys wanted a quick suggestion.

My 1.2 figo is 3 years now and looks like the cells in the key are dying! Response is slow and at times just does not unlock the doors. I am told the cost of replacing the cells is approx 1k :eek:

A friendly SA at Lathangi advised to get it from outside for some 250 to 300 bucks. Which is a better option? any thoughts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumathindra (Post 3072978)

My 1.2 figo is 3 years now and looks like the cells in the key are dying! Response is slow and at times just does not unlock the doors. I am told the cost of replacing the cells is approx 1k :eek:

A friendly SA at Lathangi advised to get it from outside for some 250 to 300 bucks. Which is a better option? any thoughts?

Hi buddy,

This is a no brainer. The A.S.S. is just going to buy the cells from outside and charge you 3 times the actual price.

This is one of those parts which you can replace without worrying about not being "genuine spare part", because, there isn't a "genuine" one in this case. Just get it done from a friendly car accessory shop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumathindra (Post 3072978)

I'm surprised they quoted so much. When I asked them to check my Fiesta's battery a year back, they said it was fine and did not need a replacement. They also said it could be replaced anywhere outside and also said it would not cost more that hundred bucks.

I am also astonished that your battery has gone weak so soon. My Fiesta is 6 years old and still running on the original battery for the remote key.
It had also got immersed in a bucket when the car was a few months old.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch-Angel (Post 3072574)
Hi Aravind, i just wanted to ask what file system have you formatted your pen drive to?

The pen drive is in FAT32 file format. Should I change it to something else?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aravind_ragu (Post 3073315)
The pen drive is in FAT32 file format. Should I change it to something else?

Nope. FAT32 should be fine. Are all your files mp3 ?

Did this help your mileage/running/throttle responsiveness in any way? I'm now looking for a T25 Torx to clean the air filter up on my Figo 1.4 Tdci. With smooth driving, I'm managing a mileage of about 13.75 km/l.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scanD (Post 2927540)
Shocked by what I found inside the air-filter.

Attachment 998079

A pile of insects -- encircled in red above.
Attachment 998080

A big pile of black dust.
Attachment 998081

So much for an Odo reading of only 16K .. run on reasonably less polluted routes in Bangalore.

Only tool required is a hexagonal star shaped "T25" screw driver. (Thanks to the Ford Service Advisor who gave me this technical name .. or else i would still be scouring SP road with my paper markings to find the right sized tool. stupid: )
Dust extracted using some mild patting on the floor and some compressed air.. as advised in other threads on the topic.

Immediately after this cleaning, the car felt very lively and smooth. I'm not entirely sure if it was only my imagination.. as one week hence, the extra smoothness seems to have disappeared.

So here it is, my car got delivered yesterday (the ownership review will be out soon, looking forward to all the Bhp-ians comments regarding it). Regarding the vehicle, i am aware of the do's and don'ts. Just wondering about the external stuff: Is it good to have the car teflon coated right on day1, and then get it waxed? (my car had it done for free, no qualms regarding their job since it looks fine).

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 3072580)

My phone rang yesterday, and I mistakenly pressed the central knob (on/ off knob), which messed up the call and merely switched on the system. My phone was already connected by bluetooth.

You press the button with the 'phone' symbol to receive or make a call. Works when the system is switched off or on. If your phone is synced and connected with Bluetooth , the HU need not be switched on to receive and make calls