Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2012, 22:49   #5881
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Where on the door? Which door?
I will take a photo of the rust formation tomorrow and put it up here.

Rust is formed on the right rear door just at the end of the bottom window line
This is a small spec the size of a small grasshopper.

I am attaching a crude graphic here.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-rust_formation.jpg  

Old 9th January 2012, 18:45   #5882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
Got the figo diesel 1.4 Zxi after the 40K service.

Cost me Rs. 3800 including taxes and labor. No wheel alignment/balancing. I thought that was cheaper than most of the cars I have owned in the recent past.
This is great news wrt to Fords servicing costs, Cheaper than most competitors. The cost of running thanks to the Diesel engine and the servicing cost would make it a great car to own.
Old 10th January 2012, 13:40   #5883
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
Got the figo diesel 1.4 Zxi after the 40K service.
Also there is rust forming on my door that the dealership guys have photographed and send to ford. Hope Ford comes back saying that they would repaint the door because rusting should not occur in a year of purchase.
Great going figo_mba. The servicing costs are definitely less here.
Corrosion free sheets are made as body metal and should atleast last for 10 years without any rust.
By any chance do you park the car in the open area exposing to sunlight and rain(eventhen it should not rust). Waiting for photos and update.

In my maruti I applied fresh castrol crease inside all the four doors. This will prevent water contacting the metal directly when they accumulate during rain or water wash.
When I did a repaint (after 14 years) there was not a single sheet rusted. I do not know whether it was due to the crease or the quality of the sheet used by MUL.
Old 10th January 2012, 17:09   #5884
Senior - BHPian

^^ There was a reason why your Maruti would have costed not very less than what it costed till very recently, especially when considering the amount of time that has passed in between.

With cost-cutting in place, this is bound to happen. It's not just with any particular company, but with anybody & everybody. It's just sheer luck, it seems, if one's car does not suffer from such issues.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 10th January 2012 at 17:10.
Old 10th January 2012, 18:32   #5885
BHPian

A day later than promised.
But here it its the rusted part of the door. Yeah it is true that many of the cars are facing rust issue now. this happens since the anti rust coating is not proper. Pure luck and really bad luck if such a car ends up with you.... :(
Attached Images

Last edited by figo_mba : 10th January 2012 at 18:33.
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 20:57   #5886
Senior - BHPian

^^ That's bad mate. I mean, it's difficult to recognize any metal there as it's all so brown & rusty.

Any further updates from Ford on this?

Just another example of what quality means to manufacturers these days, especially the so-called inventors of the first people's car (Model T).

Good luck anyhow buddy. By the way, how's the engine running with that upgrade you did some time back?

Drive safe.
Old 10th January 2012, 21:12   #5887
BHPian

@ figo_mba your sure this has not happened due to stone chips or something else?? I am wondering how the red paint came off ! My mom's car too has rust at a spot but this is due to a stone making a small dent. The stone went right to the metal and now that sport is completed rusted!

Whatever it is hope that rust is taken care of soon.

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 10th January 2012 at 21:14.
Old 10th January 2012, 21:21   #5888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
^^ That's bad mate. I mean, it's difficult to recognize any metal there as it's all so brown & rusty.

Any further updates from Ford on this?

Just another example of what quality means to manufacturers these days, especially the so-called inventors of the first people's car (Model T).

Good luck anyhow buddy. By the way, how's the engine running with that upgrade you did some time back?

Drive safe.
No updates from Ford. I dont expect them to respond any time soon. I dont mean to cast them in bad light at all since I have had a very good experience with Ford till now.
The car is performing good with the racechip. I have a seperate thread on the experience. you can find it here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ford-figo.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
@ figo_mba your sure this has not happened due to stone chips or something else?? I am wondering how the red paint came off ! My mom's car too has rust at a spot but this is due to a stone making a small dent. The stone went right to the metal and now that sport is completed rusted!

Whatever it is hope that rust is taken care of soon.
No it is not a case of stone chip or anything. The paint was there when I took it to the service center but they said the rust needs to be visible and so they took of the chunk of paint in the area.
Paint peeling due to stone chips is present but in lower areas. and mostly on the bonnet. Best way to get it is to follow a stone laden dump truck. The stone chips flying off the rear of the truck hits your car and paint peels off.
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 14:19   #5889
Team-BHP Support

Figo owners ahoy.

Does anyone know if the Figo has a cabin air filter or AC filter. Being pleasant these days I am driving around with only blower in recirculating mode i.e. no fresh air and no AC, just fan.

Whenever I'm behind a smoke emitting truck I am getting the smell in the cabin and even when driving past smelly places I am getting the smell inside the cabin.

I suspect rats at play. They might have chewed the filter but if there is a filter I don't know where it is.

If the there is no such filter then I guess I'm just smelling more than usual or I need to buy a new car perfume. lol.
Old 12th January 2012, 15:54   #5890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Figo owners ahoy.

Whenever I'm behind a smoke emitting truck I am getting the smell in the cabin and even when driving past smelly places I am getting the smell inside the cabin.
I too have similar problem, but I guess its due to the gap near the steering column. I can see dust coming in if in such a place. I complained about it and service engineer checked other cars to confirm that much gap is there.
I get the foul smell when passing through any dirty place.

AC always in recirculating mode.

Last edited by english : 12th January 2012 at 15:55. Reason: adding few more.
Old 12th January 2012, 18:58   #5891
Senior - BHPian

I figure even in recirculating mode, some outside air will get into the cabin. In fresh air mode, outside air is rammed into the car
Old 12th January 2012, 19:31   #5892
Senior - BHPian

^^ +1

I agree, because though I do not know specifically about the Figo, I have observed this in my Alto also. So, I assume, this must be true with every car though the degree may vary.

But if it is not so, would really want to know the reason.
Old 15th January 2012, 22:26   #5893
BHPian

I have done my 10K service this week in MPL Ford OMR service center. Car is six and half months old now.

When I called MPL last Monday, they insisted me to take the car to the Alwarpet service center with the reason OMR service center is full and no appointment for next 2 weeks. However i insisted them saying OMR is close to my office and then they gave me an appointment for Friday. Till they open the new service center in Velachery, OMR service center continue to be overloaded.

I got the delivery in the same day. I had only two complaints: engine stall and some rattling sound in the back door. The service person told the software update required for the engine stall is done (some version 76.xxx) and i hope i will not the engine stall again. In the 10K KMs, i got the engine stall three time. The back door rattling also solved now.

As before, the car is super smooth and good to drive. I am getting consistent and good mileage so far and i hope it will continue.

The cost of service is 1663/- with engine oil (3.8 ltr, 962/- and oil filter (385/-) and two other items (Gasket, Wash Fluid).
Old 16th January 2012, 10:25   #5894
Senior - BHPian

guys who did their 30K service, could you post your costs? Talera chinchwad is charging me >5K. they say that the diesel filter is to be changed and the newer design of the filter requires the heater assembly of the filter also to be changed, which cost me around 1300/-. I am going to complain, but just want to hear from others!
Old 16th January 2012, 11:19   #5895
Senior - BHPian

Were there any flaws with the older filter design? If no, what's the need to change it. If you are given the explanation that Ford now does not manufacture the older design, then again it's not your fault.

If the answer is yes, then Ford shouldn't charge you for it.

Keep the thread posted please, about Ford's reaction to this. And lastly, have they showered you with any more goodies after some sort of free service they had provided to you some time back? I am not recalling exactly, but this is something you had mentioned on phone once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
guys who did their 30K service, could you post your costs? Talera chinchwad is charging me >5K. they say that the diesel filter is to be changed and the newer design of the filter requires the heater assembly of the filter also to be changed, which cost me around 1300/-. I am going to complain, but just want to hear from others!

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 16th January 2012 at 11:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks